Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-23-2024, 10:19 PM   #1
NiickySaz

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1LT V6
10L60 10L80

If there's 10L60 & 10L80 side by side, would the only difference between the two be the torque converters? Or are there internals that are the same but "beefier"? Such as the valve body, etc.?

Reason for asking is, I got the edlebrock eforce for the LGX 2 weeks ago. It's in the box, I'm in no rush to install it ASAP(warranty) Edelbrock assures their tune(no TCM tune) is capable to handle the output it puts out. I've seen a few videos of those who have their installed, now granted, they have the A8. I'm somewhat worried about shifting from gear to gear, I'm worried that it would increase slippage.(back to that warranty)

I would rather have the piece of mind if I need to, to get a "stronger" torque converter if that will help. But if I do go this route, 2 things concern me. 1) Would my transmission handle it(?) 2) Idk what separates a 10L60 converter from a 10L80, but I imagine the inertia from the rotating mass would need more power in order for it to rotate(if that make sense).

Thanks
NiickySaz is offline   Reply With Quote