Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 11-17-2019, 08:38 AM   #1
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Stock intake manifold torque and sequence

Hey guys, I'm gonna be swapping out my intake for a ported one and had a couple quick questions. I tried some research but I cant find what I read a while back. Search in here is bugged at least for me. Anyways, what is the tightening sequence for the stock manifold? Also, its 75 in. Lbs right, with tightening the bolts twice, is that correct? I think that concerts to like 7 ft lbs.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:06 AM   #2
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Chevrolet says to use a first pass of 44 lbs/inch on the LT1's intake manifold mounting bolts. Final torque specification for the intake manifold mounting bolts is 89 lbs/inch.

You could do a search for the MSD #2700 LT1 intake manifold installation directions, as they do have a diagram showing the tightening sequence for the mounting bolts.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:11 AM   #3
Booher

Yes sir, I have that, but my OCD in me wanted to make sure lol. Thanks for correcting my torque lol, I'm about to tighten it down here in a few. Then gonna throw it all back together, and work on flex fuel kit, wideband sensor, and big mouth intake, so I may post a few more times hah
Old 11-17-2019, 03:55 PM   #4
Booher

Alright, I got it all installed today, minus the throttle body, I need to wait for tuning day to put that sucker on. It all went pretty easily, I was wondering though, can I hook up my wideband where the primary goes, and just let the oem one hang for a week or so while I tune it and drive between tunes? Like, it will be ok to hook up my wideband now and drive around for a few days without a tune on it?
Old 11-20-2019, 07:07 PM   #5
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Alright, I got it all installed today, minus the throttle body, I need to wait for tuning day to put that sucker on. It all went pretty easily, I was wondering though, can I hook up my wideband where the primary goes, and just let the oem one hang for a week or so while I tune it and drive between tunes? Like, it will be ok to hook up my wideband now and drive around for a few days without a tune on it?
I would not do this. The primary or front O2 sensors directly control fueling while in closed loop operation. Leaving it out in the airstream can contaminate it and ruin the OEM O2 sensor and possibly cause running issues, it will also trip a code as well.

I would have a local muffler shop dril and weld in another O2 bung near the OEM front O2 sensor location and mount your WBO2 there.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:28 AM   #6
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
I would not do this. The primary or front O2 sensors directly control fueling while in closed loop operation. Leaving it out in the airstream can contaminate it and ruin the OEM O2 sensor and possibly cause running issues, it will also trip a code as well.

I would have a local muffler shop dril and weld in another O2 bung near the OEM front O2 sensor location and mount your WBO2 there.
Probably this. Only way around installing the extra bung that might make sense is if your wideband has a narrowband simulation output. For example, I have an Innovate LM-2 on my bike, and from what I understand, it could simulate the narrowband, which would mean that you could unplug the stock narrowband O2 and plug the wideband's simulator in to make the computer happy. While having the wideband's sensor in the existing bung. Have not tried to do this though, it's just what I've heard (narrowband simulator from the datalogger).
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 01:07 PM   #7
Booher

Well, it just so happens that my primary passenger side 02 sensor burned out. So my only working 02 sensor is my wideband which isnt communicating with the car, only hp tuners. So I think it's best to just park the car and wait for a new 02 sensor. My only issue is, my road for tuning is 37 miles away and I'm afraid I'm just gonna blow another one out driving up there. I could drive up there then replace it on the side of the road, but it will be waaaaay too hot heh.