Drives: 2018 ZL1 HyperBlue A10
I'd like to add my name to the list
te-44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:28 AM   #142
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Updated. Nothing new form ACS.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ACS rock chip guard tracking.pdf (73.7 KB, 113 views)
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:50 AM   #143
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Well at least the ACS fronts are out in the wild already. Rumor is that ACS is still working on the rears and is holding off on this big buy until they're done.

Here are a few pics of Smitty's Z from a local car show this past weekend. Carbon on the edge was a wrap that Smitty added. I now regret I didn't get a shot of the fitment against the rocker, but it's excellent (far superior to ZL1Addons). Attachment was via black rivets.
Attached Images

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:36 AM   #144
Smitty88

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Well at least the ACS fronts are out in the wild already. Rumor is that ACS is still working on the rears and is holding off on this big buy until they're done.

Here are a few pics of Smitty's Z from a local car show this past weekend. Carbon on the edge was a wrap that Smitty added. I now regret I didn't get a shot of the fitment against the rocker, but it's excellent (far superior to ZL1Addons). Attachment was via black rivets.
Haha thanks for the post Gunkk. Was nice meeting up with you.

Yes, the part is held on via 3M tape that goes along the fender. Once secured, a small drill is done through the hole going into the wheelwell. Once completed, you will use a rivet gun to secure it through the three holes. This was all done with the wheels still on the vehicle. I will be posting the pictures online in 2days (7SEP18).

Instagram: Bianca_ZL1

I live down in the Keys, and was headed to Tampa area. This was a test to see how they hold up. I never installed the ZL1 Addons BUT I did have the part in hand and did some shots side by side.

Also as mentioned, I had the gloss area wrapped in Carbon Fiber to match the roof/side mirrors I had done previously.

The only reason I decided to buy it now was, when I called them I was informed it could take 4-6months before its even put into production. Unknown WHO I talked to specifically BUT my car didn't have anything on it for Rock Guards, and due to me driving all over I needed something. Also, I was unable to wrap the ones from ZL1 Addons because of the type of material it was. Nor did I personally care much for them after getting them knowing the ACS ones suddenly became available.

Best way to reach me will be DM on here or my Instagram OR if this gets bumped up to top again. That's when I notice it most haha.
Smitty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #145
redwhiteandblue

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I assume GM doesn't make anything like this? I am interested in a full set in gloss black!
redwhiteandblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #146
Exgermanowner

Drives: Bone stock
Add me to the list Front/Rear set in Gloss black to match existing rockers, etc..- Elon, NC
Old 09-06-2018, 01:32 PM   #147
meSSohappy

Updated.

I will contact ACS again for an update and keep y'all posted.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ACS rock chip guard tracking.pdf (74.3 KB, 96 views)
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

Old 09-06-2018, 02:29 PM   #148
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Good point by those requesting gloss black for their ZL1s as the ZLEs are satin black.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:49 PM   #149
meSSohappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
Good point by those requesting gloss black for their ZL1s as the ZLEs are satin black.
Yes....I had my mirrors and rear spoiler painted at the dealer to match and there is a touch of red flake metallic and gold flake metallic in the ZL1. Looks awesome !!

Old 09-06-2018, 07:38 PM   #150
Stress

Drives: BMW
Please add me to the list for both front and rear.
Thank you!
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #151
Smitty88

Uploaded to my Instagram today on what the front ACS "Gloss Black" looks like: Bianca_ZL1

*Sidenote: You don't need to have Instagram to view it, you can even Google the username and it should be the first one directing you to my page. Most recent post will be the rock guards. Make sure to swipe right to see the pictures "First clip is the video"
Old 09-07-2018, 09:31 AM   #152
7LitreC5

Drives: 18 Tahoe RST, 19 Z06
Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. I really like the look and am looking forward to getting a set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty88 View Post
Uploaded to my Instagram today on what the front ACS "Gloss Black" looks like: Bianca_ZL1

*Sidenote: You don't need to have Instagram to view it, you can even Google the username and it should be the first one directing you to my page. Most recent post will be the rock guards. Make sure to swipe right to see the pictures "First clip is the video"
7LitreC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #153
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I dont have pictures but I installed the front ACS rock guards that were painted to match in 1LE black. The match is close enough and they blend into the car well. I hear rocks hitting the guards often and not my mirrors or the back of the car. I think the help a lot. Install was easy but I had trouble positioning them in the same location side to side. How ever no one will know but me. Once the tape sticks its there.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:43 AM   #154
Smitty88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7LitreC5 View Post
Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. I really like the look and am looking forward to getting a set.
Anytime, hope it helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
I dont have pictures but I installed the front ACS rock guards that were painted to match in 1LE black. The match is close enough and they blend into the car well. I hear rocks hitting the guards often and not my mirrors or the back of the car. I think the help a lot. Install was easy but I had trouble positioning them in the same location side to side. How ever no one will know but me. Once the tape sticks its there.
Pics or it never happened.... jkjk. Yea, same with me I did my best, no way someone would look at both sides at same time