Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-15-2019, 02:14 AM   #15
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Pull and re install the number 5 and 20 fuses to reset the fuel mapping for premium gas. If the car's had anything other than 93 octane it will adjust for the lower octane. The fuse pull resets for max performance to premium fuel. You'll need to ensure that only 93 octane is in the tank. Just google 5 and 20 fuse pull to learn how it improves performance.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:07 AM   #16
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinmobile View Post
Pull and re install the number 5 and 20 fuses to reset the fuel mapping for premium gas. If the car's had anything other than 93 octane it will adjust for the lower octane. The fuse pull resets for max performance to premium fuel. You'll need to ensure that only 93 octane is in the tank. Just google 5 and 20 fuse pull to learn how it improves performance.
Just to verify, should I assume that 91 octane is considered “lower octane” and will set the fuel mapping to lower performance?

Thanks
Old 08-15-2019, 08:50 AM   #17
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentSteel454 View Post
I am new to this site so I hope this is posted in the right area, let me know if not! Just picked up a 2010 SS the other day. Was curious if there is any maintenance tips or things to look out for that are specific to this car? Just want to make sure I have everything to keep this baby going mean and hard for a long time!
Your ride looks fantastic! tips?...
1. buy a couple aerosol cans of fix-a-flat and keep them in your trunk
2. don't expect much from the interior sun visors
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 11:13 AM   #18
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Just to verify, should I assume that 91 octane is considered “lower octane” and will set the fuel mapping to lower performance?

Thanks
Yes. We've road tripped out west 4 times where you can't get 93 and always reset after we get back and run a couple of tanks of 93 thru her.

Tags
maintenance, new camaro, tips and tricks