Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-27-2017, 12:59 PM   #85
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeychops View Post
so what are we pre-ordering??

an intake that will accept the 80mm throttlebody?
I think the 80mm throttle body fitment was a bonus to what the original intention is. Basically getting rid of the cavities and extremely busy internal structure of the manifold and making it smooth. This would reduce the volume of the manifold too, which should increase air velocity and so less air is heated up before it gets sucked into engine.

Some prototypes were done by Jack (edit, jason. i always remember the jacfab part of the name) many months ago and I believe he flow-benched them and they were flowing significantly better than the stock one. That was before any talk about a bigger throttle body.

Last edited by cellsafemode; 04-27-2017 at 02:04 PM.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:35 PM   #86
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
Jason's been very busy with regular machining work but this is next on his list he says. I look forward to testing it with our supercharger system, I think it'll be a big help!

Last edited by willoverkill; 04-27-2017 at 01:46 PM.
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #87
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by willoverkill View Post
Jason's been very busy with regular machining work but this is next on his list he says. I look forward to testing it with our supercharger system, I think it'll be a big help!
If the 80mm setup (no question with boost) is good for the suprrcharger, would/could it be overkill ( no pun intended) with a basic n/a setup. I know the person locally to me that has it but he was also using some spray.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:55 PM   #88
cellsafemode

I wouldn't think spray would need additional air as it provides it's own source of oxygen. Similar to how kerosene doesn't need air to burn. Thought that was one of the reasons why it's used the way it is, minimal modifications needed take advantage of it.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:49 PM   #89
willoverkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
If the 80mm setup (no question with boost) is good for the suprrcharger, would/could it be overkill ( no pun intended) with a basic n/a setup. I know the person locally to me that has it but he was also using some spray.
Absolutely, we'll have to dyno test it but the 80mm was worth 11 wheel horsepower in one dyno test on a 2012 Impala, and I suspect that the 80mm/PIM combo on the LGX will be worth solid gains.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:07 PM   #90
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I wouldn't think spray would need additional air as it provides it's own source of oxygen. Similar to how kerosene doesn't need air to burn. Thought that was one of the reasons why it's used the way it is, minimal modifications needed take advantage of it.
youre totally right, it doesn't, but his results that I've seen at the track were with the nitrous shot added and quite a bit of tuning, converter, etc...

more so wondering with just basic boltons, etc.

Quote:
Absolutely, we'll have to dyno test it but the 80mm was worth 11 wheel horsepower in one dyno test on a 2012 Impala, and I suspect that the 80mm/PIM combo on the LGX will be worth solid gains.
good to hear. 11 is def respectable. im still learning much about the drag racing equations and DA for track days, etc... maybe too optimistic, but from what I do now in the 1/4 mile, I wanna see if I can crack 12's with no tuning and just boltons... small (maybe large) goal to seek after in between times of the autoX season and hpde events.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:16 PM   #91
lopezangel886

Drives: 2016 v6 camaro rs
Any updates ??
lopezangel886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:40 AM   #92
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Where does the 80mm throttle body come from ? Is it just the OEM ported ?
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:12 PM   #93
willoverkill

No the 80mm kit was developed by Overkill Motorsport for the 12+ 3.6. It uses an entirely new casting. You can fit the LFX/LGX units inside the 80mm.

Jason is very busy at this time but I'm pursuing an 80mm release by the end of this month with a modified intake manifold to match.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #94
lopezangel886

Drives: 2016 v6 camaro rs
Quote:

No the 80mm kit was developed by Overkill Motorsport for the 12+ 3.6. It uses an entirely new casting. You can fit the LFX/LGX units inside the 80mm.

Jason is very busy at this time but I'm pursuing an 80mm release by the end of this month with a modified intake manifold to match.
Is it a completely new manifold or a stock one that's just ported?
lopezangel886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:01 PM   #95
osmin5522

Drives: Camaro 2016 V6 RS
any updates?
osmin5522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:11 PM   #96
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:44 AM   #97
Its_LouieV

Drives: 2016 Black 2LT/A8/RS/NPP
Any updates?
Old 08-31-2017, 10:13 AM   #98
cellsafemode

Yea, the update is that all the attention is going to the low hanging fruit because it's cheaper and the profit margins are thus higher, considering the volume of sales will be low due to the smaller market that all 6th gen camaro's currently have (especially v6 camaros).

come back in 5 years.