Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #113
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonchopper View Post
This. 100%. Where's the damn thumbs up for these posts?

This place pretty much is Facebook at this point, that's all it needs is the thumbs up / like button.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #114
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
having friends is over rated, enjoy the car and find some new ones.....

at some point in your life, you will realize you only really had 1-3 REAL friends..... the folks who would drop everything to help you when you need it the most

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #115
Camaro_OK

Drives: Pontiac Torrent
Send a message via ICQ to Camaro_OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
I agree with Ruby.

I had a couple of people really give me hell when I got my Camaro. I wasn't going out bragging about it or anything but when I mentioned I bought it, two so-called friends of mine wrinkled their noses and said "So? Who cares?" then if I showed up in it they'd be really asshole-ish to me.

One finally admitted she was jealous and apologized. The other turned out to be an evil witch, so I poured water on her and she is gone.
FIFY
Camaro_OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #116
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkyLuke View Post
Bro I'm talking about my close friends. Ppl I have known since we were like 9. I was tryna see if anyone had any insight but damn y'all are just acting wack, like it's a damn taboo to ask a question like this
Maybe they don't like you because you talk like a fake gangsta.. tryna, acting WACK yo!

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #117
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ
People pull crap like that just based on your success proportionate to theirs. You could stay cool all day, go out, have a good time and never say anything about your car and yet someone would still roll their eyes at you when you get in it as they climb into their used SUV or Tempo or something. People interpolate information, and often in their favor, or to someone's detriment. It's even worse with dumb people.

You just have to disregard it and use it as motivation to do even better with your life. Done deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
I never had anything real terrific when I was young, but right now I hang around middle-class to upper-middle-class folks and I sure get more stupid comments about my car from the middle-class folks. They may not act hostile like a 20 year old, but they would make judgmental comments to my wife, like:
"that's a really expensive car" so?
"I would never let my husband buy a car like that" good for you!
"You really treat your husband well" just because you treat your husband badly, why do I have to suffer?

I think I'm pretty reasonable - I'm good with money, and I don't splurge on anything else. So if I have one indulgence, so what? At least I race my car and didn't buy it to show off, like say a BMW.

I'm at peace with myself, but I get really mad when people try to make my wife feel guilty.
You are basically talking to a mirror here, although I guess I had some fly stuff when I was younger that probably exposed me to the OP's situation enough that I made my initial comments above. People fascinate me so much that I went and got degrees in Psychology and Public Administration - and you know what those did other than "not a damn thing"? They allowed me to put language to phenomena that I already knew and detected. I'm with you on your observations too.

I'd gamble that the same people we are talking about in this thread would throw out that I'm "bragging" with the degree comment, but ironically those same people would be missing my point entirely.

Last edited by IMJ; 05-22-2012 at 08:00 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
friends, jealousy, new camaro