#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-18-2021, 05:35 PM   #15
gra359

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1, 1970 BOSS 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_ZL1 View Post
You car looks good and this looks like the most cost effective option for the sweet monster wing so far.
Thanks
gra359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:03 PM   #16
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
How long ago did you all get the EOS wing?

I tried it this summer the fitment was not good. The center post had about a 1in gap between the trunk and the post itself. They tried sending me another set of posts and that didn't work either but the gap got smaller.

I am about to get the C7 Carbon wing in the next WK or so. Hopefully that goes well..

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2021, 03:01 AM   #17
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
How long ago did you all get the EOS wing?

I tried it this summer the fitment was not good. The center post had about a 1in gap between the trunk and the post itself. They tried sending me another set of posts and that didn't work either but the gap got smaller.

I am about to get the C7 Carbon wing in the next WK or so. Hopefully that goes well..

Well I just got the wing 2-3 weeks ago. Fitment was good . I also got the EOS front ZL1 style FRONT chin spoiler about a year ago and fitment was very good on that one as well. The only issue I had was that since it was carbon fiber it can easily sustain some cosmetic surface damage if you ever go OFF track on a road course which happens from time to time.

I finally painted it a HAMMERTONE satin black recently which is easily repairable when scratched. It is flexible enough to have some GIVE to it and then spring back to normal shape again. I added 6-8 more screws to it along with the stock mounting fasteners.
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 09:46 AM   #18
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gra359 View Post
I also have the EOS rear wing, along with the 1LE front Parts, and blacked out hood. I also wanted the Mag ride. I test drove a 1LE and it was too harsh for my taste. So, I got the best of both worlds. New wheels are coming soon!!
That looks perfect with the front dive planes. No need for a 1LE with poor DD suspension when you can spend under $1k and get the same look.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 03:43 PM   #19
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Granted permission.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 11:36 AM   #20
CoryZL1

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
That the exact look I was going for. You have good taste my friend....LOL
2009 Toyota Highlander
2003 Mustang Cobra
1998 Z28 Convertible
1991 Toyota Camry
CoryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 11:53 AM   #21
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
I can't speak for the EOS wing, but I've tried EOS parts on a C7 in the past. Their quality is pure dogshit. Their idea of carbon fiber is absolutely laughable. The real 1LE wing is a work of art built up of layered carbon fiber. The EOS will most likely be a hollow shell of mostly fiberglass/cheap plastic with a cheap carbon fiber overlay.

Go for the ACS Composites 1LE wing if you want aftermarket.
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 01:02 PM   #22
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaska View Post
That looks perfect with the front dive planes. No need for a 1LE with poor DD suspension when you can spend under $1k and get the same look.
Unless you are like me that bought the car in June, received EOW wing in June so I removed the OEM wing, EOS wing didn't fit well, returned EOS, did not want to put OEM ZL1 wing back because the double sided tape is gone and didn't want to damage my trunk pain, so it's been now 6 months and I have no wing or ZL1 looks yet.

Hopefully my C7 Carbon wing is ready this or next week.

Old 01-07-2022, 11:55 AM   #23
weslp00

Drives: '18 2SSM6 Camaro ‘01C5Z06 Vet
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post
I can't speak for the EOS wing, but I've tried EOS parts on a C7 in the past. Their quality is pure dogshit. Their idea of carbon fiber is absolutely laughable. The real 1LE wing is a work of art built up of layered carbon fiber. The EOS will most likely be a hollow shell of mostly fiberglass/cheap plastic with a cheap carbon fiber overlay.

Precisely!
weslp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 01:54 PM   #24
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxspeedspec View Post

Well as far as the quality of the EOS carbon fiber fiber finish I agree to a certain extent. I had a EOS carbon fiber splitter which was EASILY damaged with the slightest of contact and I finally wound up painting it a HAMMERED satin black finish which is easily repairable . ACSComposites and C7 BOTH have a much higher quality carbon fiber finish. For INTERIOR pieces www.carbonaddons.com has a very nice carbon fiber finish as well.

I KNEW however that I DID NOT want the ZL1 wing in a carbon finish anyway because I wanted the wing to blend in with the gloss black finish of the car and the EOS wing certainly does that although as mentioned before their CARBON FLASH is really mislabeled because essentially it is a GLOSS BLACK and NOT Mosaic Black.
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 03:12 PM   #25
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
You can always look for wrecked ZL1's at the local junkyard and....

TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 06:48 PM   #26
Anti-Venom

Drives: 98 Z28 SS, 2018 ZL1 HYPER BLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
Well as far as the quality of the EOS carbon fiber fiber finish I agree to a certain extent. I had a EOS carbon fiber splitter which was EASILY damaged with the slightest of contact and I finally wound up painting it a HAMMERED satin black finish which is easily repairable . ACSComposites and C7 BOTH have a much higher quality carbon fiber finish. For INTERIOR pieces www.carbonaddons.com has a very nice carbon fiber finish as well.

I KNEW however that I DID NOT want the ZL1 wing in a carbon finish anyway because I wanted the wing to blend in with the gloss black finish of the car and the EOS wing certainly does that although as mentioned before their CARBON FLASH is really mislabeled because essentially it is a GLOSS BLACK and NOT Mosaic Black.
So are you happy with the EOS wing for the price you paid? Also was it easy to put on? And how long was the install?
Thanks
Anti-Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:00 PM   #27
Diamond
Nightfall Gray ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1, 1992 Celica AllTrac Turbo
I just wanted to report I was able to find an Anderson Composites wing through Auto Addict USA. They seem to have a great relationship with Anderson Composites and actually have them in stock. The folks there were up front that the one piece spoiler will likely require some massaging (increasing the outer mount holes diameter) to properly fit them but assured me reinstalling the stock spoiler would hide the work. That is good enough for me.
Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:50 AM   #28
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
I just wanted to report I was able to find an Anderson Composites wing through Auto Addict USA. They seem to have a great relationship with Anderson Composites and actually have them in stock. The folks there were up front that the one piece spoiler will likely require some massaging (increasing the outer mount holes diameter) to properly fit them but assured me reinstalling the stock spoiler would hide the work. That is good enough for me.
"Massaging" is unacceptable, that means drilling out your stock holes even further since the posts are a few cm off. AC already admitted they had a manufacturing issue for a little while and asked that people that received those wings destroy them and they would be replaced later. Sounds like Auto Addict has some of those from the bad batch and trying to sell them instead of destroying them. I wouldn't want a defective manufactured wing on my vehicle. AC will correct the issue if they haven't already.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote