Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-30-2023, 04:08 PM   #113
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well...Blazer EV will start well below 65K I'm sure, but the Blazer SS EV on the other hand...I can see it starting $60K or more. So...would you rather have the Blazer SS EV or a Lyriq at that price?

Eh, people are paying 55K+ for Dodge Charger Scat Packs when they could get a BMW or Audi sedan for the same price. So would you rather have a BMW or a Dodge at that price?
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:22 PM   #114
The Chief (tm)

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS "Convertibobble"
Malb,

Can you actually get a 485-hp BMW or Audi sedan for $55K?
'94 ST1100 146K
The Chief (tm) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:55 PM   #115
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chief (tm) View Post
Malb,

Can you actually get a 485-hp BMW or Audi sedan for $55K?

Don't look at the HP too much. The BMW M340i is very close to the Charger Scat Pack in speed, and it starts in the upper 50K range. On paper it has a lot less power, but that's mainly due to the Germans being conservative with their hp and torque ratings.

The Audi S4 is not too far off from the Charger Scat Pack either even thought its down on hp as well. The S4 starts at 54K.

I'm bringing this up because people are mentioning the Blazer SS EV and asking why you'd get that instead of a Cadillac EV. From what I've seen so far, the Blazer is going to be faster so it's probably going to come down to whether you want extra speed or extra luxury for your 65K (or whatever). That's the same question someone should ask whether they want a Scat Pack, S4 or M340i.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 05:50 PM   #116
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Having driven thousands of golf carts I can assure you this NOT true.

As GM can do this today with your car and doesn’t, I’m hoping GM doesn’t fall into this. The supercharger issue is a bit unique to a Tesla, but the more concerning Tesla story is the person who bought a used Tesla and Teslavreverted to an older gen of the software the car was built with. Again GM doesn’t have a track record of this so hoping they don’t try to turn UltiFi into that type of money maker by taking away rather than adding

Sadly, being in the market, C6 Corvettes are not cheap.

Also didn’t see GM release prices for the Blazer EV. Of course you can get one well over $50k today so your price at the top end isn’t far off. But if a Blazer EV is $65k I’m getting a Lyriq.

Seems all used Vettes are way up.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:52 PM   #117
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Also didn’t see GM release prices for the Blazer EV. Of course you can get one well over $50k today so your price at the top end isn’t far off. But if a Blazer EV is $65k I’m getting a Lyriq.
A Lyriq the way I optioned it would’ve been in the low $80ks.

Here is the GM released pricing on Blazer EV trims.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 08:05 PM   #118
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
A Lyriq the way I optioned it would’ve been in the low $80ks.

Here is the GM released pricing on Blazer EV trims.
Didn’t see that and surprised they would release it so soon. Ford Lightning pricing has been pretty wild
Old 03-30-2023, 08:09 PM   #119
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Seems all used Vettes are way up.
Seems like the pricing is conveniently close to their original sticker, lol.

C7s are nuts as C8 pricing even crazier.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:26 PM   #120
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
Eh, people are paying 55K+ for Dodge Charger Scat Packs when they could get a BMW or Audi sedan for the same price. So would you rather have a BMW or a Dodge at that price?

I would expect the BMW to spend more time at the dealership than the Dodge.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 11:47 PM   #121
PizzzzzaForPresident

Drives: Ferrari F40
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
I would expect the BMW to spend more time at the dealership than the Dodge.
Why? Would you plan on buying a 10 year old used one? I trust BMW far more than Dodge these days. Their new B48/58 an S58 engines are amazing both in performance and reliability and have ZF8 transmissions to match. They made the #3 spot on Consumer Report's reliability, only behind Toyota and Lexus, so they're basically #2.
PizzzzzaForPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 05:44 AM   #122
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Seems like the pricing is conveniently close to their original sticker, lol.

C7s are nuts as C8 pricing even crazier.

I paid about the same for a 2013 1LT C6 in 2017 that i did for a 3LT 2008 C6 last Sept by around 4k. Used C7's scare me as they are now out of warranty so if something goes wrong with the A8 you are left on the hook for a big bill. No way i am spendind 65k for any SUV. If anything i would want a even a smaller car over my C6 if i were to shop around. That only leaves a Miata and that is out since they don't have the HP i would want.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 10:57 AM   #123

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Something to look forward to in a possible EV Camaro (and all EVs for that matter).

What focus group wanted subscriptions?...Likely it wasn't a group of customers.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/gm-kill...r-2-reasons-yo
GM just announced it is dropping Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for its EVs. The first Ev without either technology will be the 2024 Chevrolet Blazer. GM has a number of reasons why it is killing the two platforms, but two of them you’ll really hate.

Why is GM killing Apple CarPlay and Android Auto?

The automaker wants all of its EVs to have built-in infotainment systems. To that end, it is working with Google and has been since 2019. One reason it is going in this direction is to “capture more on how consumers drive and charge EVs,” according to Automotive News.

So essentially, one reason is to grab more data about its customers, which exposes everyone who drives one of its EVs. So consumers have yet, another entity compiling data on each of us. Yes, in the digital age, we’re all pretty much exposed, but it is one more disturbing aspect we can add to the list.

How do integrated systems help drivers?

The other reason GM is all-in on integrated infotainment systems in its future vehicles is to “accelerate a strategy for its EVs to be platforms for digital subscription services,” again, from Automotive News. Yes, the dreaded subscription service bonanza all automakers are quivering to release is just on the horizon. This is in spite of multiple surveys showing car buyers hate the idea.

GM is touting on this in-vehicle infotainment as a boon for assisted driving features. “We have a lot of new driver assistance features coming that are more tightly coupled with navigation,” GM’s executive director of digital cockpit experience Edward Himche told Reuters. “We don’t want to design these features in a way that is dependent on a person having a cellphone.”

Do car buyers really want subscription services?

GM’s plan is to offer Google Maps and Google Assistant at no cost for eight years. Google Assistant is for voice commands. The company plans on offering Spotify, Audible, and other unspecified apps. “We do believe there are subscription revenue opportunities for us,” says Edward Kummer, chief digital officer for GM.

We were already warned about potential additional costs with subscription services. GM CEO Mary Barra gleefully announced to shareholders last year it will potentially hoover up $20 billion to $25 billion in annual revenue this way.

But a recent survey by Autolist clearly shows consumers want no part of subscription services. It surveyed 1,200 new car shoppers to find out their views on the idea. Almost 70% said they wanted no part of paying into subscriptions.

The survey shows car buyers don’t want subscriptions

RELATED
Car Companies Exploit Buyers With Subscriptions So You Pay and Pay and Pay

But when you look at the breakdown of responses to the car subscription query, it looks like more than 70% are not in favor. For 69%, the answer is “No.” For 12%, they’re “not sure.” Another 12% said they don’t care how they pay for features, while 7% said they’re in favor of the idea.

And the breakdowns go further. Gen Z buyers are less bothered by subscriptions. As new car buyers’ ages increased in the survey, the dislike levels rise. With younger buyers comes the practice of paying extra for streaming and entertainment services. Older buyers want to pay up front for what they want and then to be done with added costs.

But in a weird twist, higher-income buyers liked the idea much less than those with lower incomes. For those with incomes above $150,000, 83% said “no” to subs. So GM is betting on younger buyers accepting the practice, while at the same time alienating those who buy the feature-laden models. And that’s where the real profits come from.

ull-hate/
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 05:17 PM   #124
razorwired

Drives: None
If I can't jump in a vehicle and without any planning drive across the country with fill-ups taking five minutes or less, it will never find a place in my garage.
razorwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 05:27 PM   #125
razorwired

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastz28 View Post

lets not pretend that petroleum is somehow a clean and environmentally efficient fuel source.
Yeah - good try. The oils spills are ACCIDENTAL. The filthy pools required for lithium production are PLANNED.

We are simply trading one problem for another.

https://interestingengineering.com/s...ining-business
razorwired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 08:33 AM   #126
CamaroRSOnt

Drives: 2023 SS Vert
When the gov't decides what your going to drive doesn't seem like things will work out so well. No chance in hell I want an EV charging in my attached garage while I sleep at night. Once they go poof there is no putting out the fire !!

The Green Dream is just exactly that, a dream. Were going to battle scar the earth for minerals , try to deal with millions of lbs of toxic batteries with no place go and end up in a worse place than we started ! Much like the windmills...
Attached Images

2014 C7 Z51
2020 RS Convertible
2023 2SS Convertible
CamaroRSOnt is offline   Reply With Quote