Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-12-2021, 08:20 PM   #15
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Mine doesn't do that.

It either already has and you just didn't notice or it will soon.

It's especially evident when it's cold outside and the car is cold.

There was a long thread on here about 4 years ago on this issue. It also was showing up in SS and 1LEs with the M6.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:18 PM   #16
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
What was the road condition? If the road was very rough I would say thats normal but if you had a smooth road and thats happening I would consider it to be a issue. Mine moves relative to the road conditions.
This was driving in one of the major freeways in Los Angeles so I mean pretty decent roads. I was cruising at about 70 miles on 5th and 6th gear
Old 04-12-2021, 10:20 PM   #17
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
If you're driving across cobblestone roads in PA, it's fine. If you're on a brand new length of buttery smooth pavement, it's not. Need more details to understand the total situation / context.
Highway driving on decent roads.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:22 PM   #18
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post

There was a long thread on here about 4 years ago on this issue. It also was showing up in SS and 1LEs with the M6.
I would assume a brand new car doesn't do this, does it? So if I wanted to bring this back to a new like feel/conditions what bushings would I be looking at?
Old 04-13-2021, 01:29 PM   #19
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
You should not rest your hand on the shifter while driving - it's bad for the internals of the transmission.
Thanks Mom.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #20
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post

It definitely moves and shakes according to the road conditions but not like that. I’m definitely dialed in to how my car reacts and what it is doing. If it does start to do that I’ll bring it right in to find out the issue.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:55 PM   #21
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
This was driving in one of the major freeways in Los Angeles so I mean pretty decent roads. I was cruising at about 70 miles on 5th and 6th gear
The only opinion I can give is that my car is 2.5 years old with 4400 miles on it and does not do that. If you where local I would have you stop by and go for a ride. See if you can find a local member that you can compare your car to. I’ve had a member stop by for a ride last year before he sold his ZL1 for a ZLE to feel the ride in person. I’m sure they would be happy to help.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:03 AM   #22
Wuiquen

Yeah I get some shaking is good but seems excessive. I'll try to find some local help. I mean I guess as long nothing else is broken? I just refuse.ro take it to the dealer unless I know some work is needed
Old 04-14-2021, 10:53 AM   #23
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
Mine is about the same. It really depends on the road you are on

https://youtu.be/XVEK35UGIVI
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:11 AM   #24
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
It's normal, did it in my 2018 ZLE from day 1 with 6 miles--new or old doesn't seem to matter. Maybe they improved it since 2018.

No transmission issues under severe use on very technical tracks, just finished 3 great days at Buttonwillow. I wish it didn't do it so much but I'm not worried about it I have a warranty
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:03 PM   #25
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
It's normal, did it in my 2018 ZLE from day 1 with 6 miles--new or old doesn't seem to matter. Maybe they improved it since 2018.

No transmission issues under severe use on very technical tracks, just finished 3 great days at Buttonwillow. I wish it didn't do it so much but I'm not worried about it I have a warranty
Maybe this is worth exploring... Your car and my car is 2018 so first gen for the 1LE version. Maybe it has in fact improve. If so, i wonder what has improved? Maybe the shifter throw was improved for later years? And if such a thing is true, i would be ok paying for a new one if it cuts on the shaking. It is just too distracting for me.

Video ok the post above is slow 2018.

Let's see if 2019 or newer cars will post on this
Old 04-15-2021, 04:37 AM   #26
IntimidatorZ

Drives: 14 Silvy 1500 Z71; 20 Camaro ZLE M6
2020 here, I would say mine has moved as much as SSallday (slightly less than yours OP) since day 1. I initially noticed it on the drive home after taking delivery but honestly, haven't thought twice about it since. As others have said, our ZLEs have a stiff suspension that will pick up every little imperfection in the road so that probably contributes to it moving more than other manual cars. Like you, I don't like going to the dealership unless absolutely necessary, I would say if it really bothers you, just keep an eye on it, you still have warranty left, and if at the end of the warranty period you wanna have it investigated you could. I'm leaning towards it being a non-issue, let her dance until you mash the gas and need to rip her into the next gear
IntimidatorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:37 AM   #27
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Or go to the aftermarket and get a Hurst shifter if it worries you that much. The ZLE is a very different car as compared to the other Camaros out there but I really think yours is okay! I did notice that my ZL1 shifter does shake too and I think it’s the nature of the beast and nothing wrong.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:11 AM   #28
getchapull
TEXIT

Drives: 2019 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
Thanks Mom.
getchapull is offline   Reply With Quote