Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-21-2018, 07:17 AM   #29
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by internationlriders View Post
I finally found a vandalized 2ss radio for cheap cheap so I'm going through this process now and just swapped the LED boards, waiting for the connectors to arrive which are available on eBay finally.

Question, do you know the part number for the light fixture that would replace the chrome piece in the cup holder? I've exhausted myself of hours and hours of googling and still haven't found anything other than the entire console. Just in case you happen to know, don't spend any time on account of me. Thanks!
Hello. Sorry I am just know seeing this. Did you ever find the part number?

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:31 PM   #30
internationlriders

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1SS View Post
Hello. Sorry I am just know seeing this. Did you ever find the part number?
Yes the part number is 84013236, I haven't ordered one yet though and after a small ordeal and a failed module that controls the lights it seem the dealer plugged the wrong wires into the new colour changing LEDs and fried them do now I'm trying to find a more cost effective replacement for these LEDs.
internationlriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #31
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Yes the part number is 84013236, I haven't ordered one yet though and after a small ordeal and a failed module that controls the lights it seem the dealer plugged the wrong wires into the new colour changing LEDs and fried them do now I'm trying to find a more cost effective replacement for these LEDs.
? Shouldn't the dealer fix it if they fried it?
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:34 PM   #32
Hyper1SS

Quote:
Right. That is the part number I have but decided not to do the cup holder. That sucks! I would make them replace them. That is why when my Camaro came in I told them I would install my LPO items I ordered. They just had to flash it when I was done. Sorry to hear that.

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Old 08-30-2018, 01:33 PM   #33
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
I know this is an old thread, but I'm in the market for a 2018 and the one I'm looking at doesn't have the Convenience and Lighting Package. I'm looking into what it would take to add the stuff from that package onto the car. The spectrum lighting is part of that.

Your first post says, "I am doing a DIY for the work around on the 1SS if you upgraded to the interior spectrum lighting. The kit comes with the door spectrum lighting and the footwell lighting. after installing and the dealership flashing the BCM and HMI it still does not give us control of the radio LED light bar on the top so it stays white." What kit? What was it called? Do you have a part number for it? Did you get it from the dealer, or aftermarket?
Old 09-17-2018, 01:34 PM   #34
anukula

Drives: Camaro 2ss
ReRead the forum again.

He said he got it from shopchevyparts.com . Part depends on whether you have IOB or IO5/IO6 radio. I have recently ordered from the same website and waiting for the parts to arrive and dealer install them. After that, i will try to make the cupholder and radio lights change, according to tips given by fellow members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I'm in the market for a 2018 and the one I'm looking at doesn't have the Convenience and Lighting Package. I'm looking into what it would take to add the stuff from that package onto the car. The spectrum lighting is part of that.

Your first post says, "I am doing a DIY for the work around on the 1SS if you upgraded to the interior spectrum lighting. The kit comes with the door spectrum lighting and the footwell lighting. after installing and the dealership flashing the BCM and HMI it still does not give us control of the radio LED light bar on the top so it stays white." What kit? What was it called? Do you have a part number for it? Did you get it from the dealer, or aftermarket?
anukula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:50 PM   #35
Gen6Trek

Drives: 2020 White 2SS
LED upgrade wiring harness question

Hi Hyper, I was looking at your post regarding the LED interior lighting upgrade and I had a question for you:
I got a pair of door panels on eBay from a 2SS which had LED panels already there, so I took them out and put them in my 2LT door trim panels and swapped the wiring harness' over. My 2LT doesn't have the memory seats or the extra tweeter in the door, so I just left those connectors empty inside the door. -but what has me concerned, is the passenger side door harness I installed has a black and a grey connector meant to connect to the wiring coming out of the door. My car has both of these connectors coming out of the door on the drivers side, but on the passengers side, there is ONLY a black connector coming out of the door. So the grey connector on the passenger side panel wiring harness is not connected to anything. The lock and window works fine, but I'm wondering if this is going to cause a problem when I go to the dealer to have the BCM flashed? Since you actually bought the upgrade kit, I thought you might be able to enlighten me. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Gen6Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:22 PM   #36
anukula

Correct me if I’m wrong. But, you also need to have a controller that comes in the kit to control the spectrum light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6Trek View Post
Hi Hyper, I was looking at your post regarding the LED interior lighting upgrade and I had a question for you:
I got a pair of door panels on eBay from a 2SS which had LED panels already there, so I took them out and put them in my 2LT door trim panels and swapped the wiring harness' over. My 2LT doesn't have the memory seats or the extra tweeter in the door, so I just left those connectors empty inside the door. -but what has me concerned, is the passenger side door harness I installed has a black and a grey connector meant to connect to the wiring coming out of the door. My car has both of these connectors coming out of the door on the drivers side, but on the passengers side, there is ONLY a black connector coming out of the door. So the grey connector on the passenger side panel wiring harness is not connected to anything. The lock and window works fine, but I'm wondering if this is going to cause a problem when I go to the dealer to have the BCM flashed? Since you actually bought the upgrade kit, I thought you might be able to enlighten me. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Old 10-08-2018, 06:47 AM   #37
Hyper1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anukula View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong. But, you also need to have a controller that comes in the kit to control the spectrum light.
True. Without the control box underneath the dash behind the glovebox they will not work.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:39 AM   #38
anukula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1SS View Post
True. Without the control box underneath the dash behind the glovebox they will not work.
I gave my car to dealer to install spectrum lighting and its been 9 days now and he still says working on it. Does it take this long? And also he asked me for price of 540$ and i guess its too much. What about others? How did it go?
Old 10-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #39
Gen6Trek

Drives: 2020 White 2SS
Thanks for the info, Hyper1SS. After checking out all the insane wiring needed to be done, I decided I would go with the Gen5 Concepts LED approach (I found them on youtube and screamingchicken.com mods. I removed the GM multispectrum LED's and am going to put regular LED's at each end of the light swoosh and wire them into the doors 12 volt sysetem. Obviously I will go with a single color, but that's fine with me. Will get factory-look LED lighting for the cost of the eBay door panels ($200) and the couple of bucks for LED's and witring. Would love to go with the multispectrum kit, but GM just loves their parts too much right now for me to afford the $700+ price -Lol! Will try and upload pics once work is done.
Gen6Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #40
anukula

Quote:
Thanks for the info, Hyper1SS. After checking out all the insane wiring needed to be done, I decided I would go with the Gen5 Concepts LED approach (I found them on youtube and screamingchicken.com mods. I removed the GM multispectrum LED's and am going to put regular LED's at each end of the light swoosh and wire them into the doors 12 volt sysetem. Obviously I will go with a single color, but that's fine with me. Will get factory-look LED lighting for the cost of the eBay door panels ($200) and the couple of bucks for LED's and witring. Would love to go with the multispectrum kit, but GM just loves their parts too much right now for me to afford the $700+ price -Lol! Will try and upload pics once work is done.
Thats actually a good idea. I would suggest buying color LEDs strip lights that are available on amazon for like 15$, which you can control the lighting using the phone's bluetooth. Instead of plain white line. Keep us posted
Old 10-09-2018, 05:13 PM   #41
Kevin_S17

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Vert Summit White
Quote:
Love to see the pics. I like your idea.
Kevin_S17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:51 PM   #42
anukula

Finally im able to add spectrum lighting to door panels and radio and cup holder lights as well. Thanks to Hyper1ss. Everything works
Attached Images