Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
NEW YEARS RESOLUTION HEALTH & WEIGHT LOSS THREAD 2012

Last year Becky started a thread to motivate those on C5 who wanted to lose wait but did not want to do it alone! That thread is still alive today and has helped many. But its a new year and a new start for many!! So if you are ready to make the commitment to a new life style, to change your eating habits and build your body then you're in the right place!

Weight loss isn't easy. Its not supposed to be. Like I said its not about making it to a number and the world is great, its a life style change, a commitment to make yourself better, it takes time and dedication and help from your friends and family.

We have lots of people here to help you out! Bonnie, CFD, SSMOKINHOT, Speedy1975, myself and a few others who are knowledgeable and willing to lend an ear, answer questions, give recipes, workout tips or just motivate you to make it through the day!

So post up if you're ready! Give us a little back ground about yourself, where you are and where you want to be!

My goal for the year, since I'm getting married in the fall is to make it to 128, I currently weigh 137. I'm not unhappy with where I am I just know I could do better!

Here is a link to the old thread for any of you that may want to see how it went: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122170

--------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERYONES GOALS:
Sugar'n'spice: Lose 7lbs. by Feb
Bonnie: Be ready for Bombshell Camp and Competition
SSMOKINHOT: Run a half marathon in every state
RubyCamaro: Lose holiday weight, continue dancing classes and add weight training
SummoneR: To be in great shape and under 250lbs.
MyOld88: Lose 19lbs
25thanniversary: To lose 20lbs in two months using Insanity
IROCanSS: Lose 40-45lbs by C5F3 and help his wife meet her goal of loosing her baby weight.
iBeck: Lose 20-25lbs before spring break
ddunerider: To lose 25lbs for his hip replacement surgery
MOMSREDSS: To eat healthier, have portion control and find time for her exercise
Coop: Lose weight
insidethreat07: Lose 15-20lbs
SleepWars: Lose 30lbs
Jeffm: Continue weightloss
mikeb27: get below 200, and work towards running the Chicago Marathon
bandier: Lose 20lbs
camaroitalia: Lose 7lbs
OrangeVert: Get back to 165.

Last edited by bossbunny; 01-23-2012 at 07:44 PM.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Ok....so I would like to lose 7 pounds by the end of this month, what are my odds if I'm good ?

Less restaurant foods will help a lot...I know...
I cooked all and was very careful when I lost that 31 lbs.
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Real good
if you are real good.

and you always are

and i can't believe bb weighs 137. she's small. just shows numbers mean nothing.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post
Ok....so I would like to lose 7 pounds by the end of this month, what are my odds if I'm good ?

Realistic weightless is 1-2lbs a week. So Jo I'm sure if you eat right, and workout 3-5 days a week you could see 7 by the end of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
Real good
if you are real good.

and you always are

and i can't believe bb weighs 137. she's small. just shows numbers mean nothing.
I am 5'4... Probably all in my chest hahah!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post

smiling..biting my tongue
Old 01-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Quote:
Realistic weightless is 1-2lbs a week. So Jo I'm sure if you eat right, and workout 3-5 days a week you could see 7 by the end of the month.

Then work hard it is ! AGAIN!!! Thanks BB !
Although, I would workout more than that..

Quote:
smiling..biting my tongue
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Love the new thread BB, we all have different goals and I'm very excited to start the new year focused on achieving them, I've been staying with my diet and working out all through the holidays but I will admit, this month was a challenge to stay on track with the diet part! lol Getting back to being really scrict starting tomorrow, I need to get in really lean shape for bombshell super boot camp in Tampa Feb. 10th - 13th, so thats my big focus right now and also hoping to compete in april and may! WooHooo can't wait to share all of our experiences with each other!

Thought this was great words to live by!

Name:  387204_301365546568001_167821829922374_804829_1513880149_n[1].jpg
Views: 2181
Size:  44.8 KB
Old 01-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #8
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Love the new thread BB, we all have different goals and I'm very excited to start the new year focused on achieving them, I've been staying with my diet and working out all through the holidays but I will admit, this month was a challenge to stay on track with the diet part! lol Getting back to being really scrict starting tomorrow, I need to get in really lean shape for bombshell super boot camp in Tampa Feb. 10th - 13th, so thats my big focus right now and also hoping to compete in april and may! WooHooo can't wait to share all of our experiences with each other!

Thought this was great words to live by!

Attachment 320591
I like the motivation picture!

You are so dedicated!! You definitely need to rub off on me!! Is the Boot Camp a workout camp or a competition? The holidays are rough on everyone!

I have been doing pretty good on my diet it's working in workouts that is tough for me! But we almost have our workout room fixed up so that will change.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #9
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post

Like BB said, that is a very feasible weight loss goal! I'd wish you luck, but knowing how strong willed you are, I know you have what it takes to succeed!

Quote:

-------------------------

My fitness resolution is to work on my bucket list of running at least a half marathon in every state. I have checked off 4 states so far. Looking forward to chipping away at more this year! First up...Baton Rouge
just 2 weeks from now!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #10
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Any of you ride a bike for exercise? I find it's great cardio, and great for the legs and butt too. Of course this time of year it's kind of chilly outside for bike riding.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #11
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Quote:
I like the motivation picture!

You are so dedicated!! You definitely need to rub off on me!! Is the Boot Camp a workout camp or a competition? The holidays are rough on everyone!

I have been doing pretty good on my diet it's working in workouts that is tough for me! But we almost have our workout room fixed up so that will change.
Its a workout camp, It will be great, I've been following a monthly guide and this gives me a chance to see if I'm diong all the workouts the right way, and i will attend a posing class too and this will really help the way I walk and stand on stage, the pros will be there to help and coach us, I need this so much, thats great you have a workout room, Ive slowly been building mine over the past couple of years, I still need some equipment at the gym though, but I can atleast stay home some of the time which really helps!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
Like BB said, that is a very feasible weight loss goal! I'd wish you luck, but knowing how strong willed you are, I know you have what it takes to succeed!

My fitness resolution is to work on my bucket list of running at least a half marathon in every state. I have checked off 4 states so far. Looking forward to chipping away at more this year! First up...Baton Rouge
just 2 weeks from now!
Thats awesome girl! Can't wait to here all about this goal you have! big time respect to you!!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #12
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Any of you ride a bike for exercise? I find it's great cardio, and great for the legs and butt too. Of course this time of year it's kind of chilly outside for bike riding.
I actually do ride for excerise every once in awhile. I have a woman's trek bike and we usually do about 27 miles in an hour and a half. I burn about... 1200 calories. I love it but I would die without my compression pants.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #13
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post

just 2 weeks from now!
My hat is off to you... Truely. I have gret respect for runners, that takes a strong mind set. I love working out but I can not run, just kills my chest. I'm sure I could build up to it if I was consistent but I've never been able to run more than 5 minutes at a time.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #14
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Its a workout camp, It will be great, I've been following a monthly guide and this gives me a chance to see if I'm diong all the workouts the right way, and i will attend a posing class too and this will really help the way I walk and stand on stage, the pros will be there to help and coach us, I need this so much, thats great you have a workout room, Ive slowly been building mine over the past couple of years, I still need some equipment at the gym though, but I can atleast stay home some of the time which really helps!!!

Thats awesome girl! Can't wait to here all about this goal you have! big time respect to you!!
That's awesome! I bet you'll have so much fun! I'm glad they have the posing lessons too! I know how bad you've been wanting them.

Yeah we need a bigger tv in the gym so we can do Insanity and P90X and then we have the bowflex, stationary bike, bike trainer, treadmill, and we are getting a stair climber.