Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-16-2019, 05:35 PM   #1
JJDZL1

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
My Chevrolet App question

Hi all! I had to drop my ZL1 1LE off at the dealer for a clunking noise under the hood. Turned out to be the passenger side lifters and they were replaced under warranty. Car’s got 3,500 miles. The car got 13 miles put on it during its 4 day stay (which I totally expect given the circumstances). However, my issue is that the My Chevy App only shows one test drive and 1 mile put on it on the morning I picked it up. It also had a little over half a tank of gas when I dropped it off, which was completely empty when picked up as well. Is it possible for the dealer to turn off the app tracker? Any other ideas would be appreciated. I mentioned it to them and all they could tell me was that they’re “unfamiliar with how the app works.” Thanks in advance!
JJDZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 06:55 PM   #2
CamaroChriSS

Drives: 16 1SS M6 Black -previous 00 Z28 M6
I’d be curious too. I dropped mine off for some work and it was a total of three weeks. My car only had one extra mile on it, and approx the same gas - but no trips on the app registered which seemed odd.
CamaroChriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:28 AM   #3
trublucamaro

Drives: 1967 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChriSS View Post
I’d be curious too. I dropped mine off for some work and it was a total of three weeks. My car only had one extra mile on it, and approx the same gas - but no trips on the app registered which seemed odd.

It’s getting to the point these days where you have to put a separate tracker on your car to know where’s it’s been. There was a lady recently who stopped a mechanic in her car at the drive thru getting lunch. I think thats BS. I don’t eat or carry food in my car (smells). I worry about my performance car being in for work because they aren’t gonna go joy riding in a Malibu, but I can definitely see them joy riding in one of our cars. Best thing to do besides your own tracker is to take pictures of mileage and tank levels, especially “miles to go” until empty. If they joy ride and fill it back up but don’t get it exact, I can see it being pretty easy to have the MTG shoot up above what it was. I’m gonna “LoJack” my car. LOL

Anyone know if you can access your cars location through the app? Or through OnStar?

“Life begins at full throttle” ~ dude with a fast car...
trublucamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:49 AM   #4
Turkish01

Drives: Camaro
Get a dashcam
Turkish01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #5
JJDZL1

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Anyone know what would be a “normal” number of miles to verify the clunking noise was gone after installing the new lifters? I feel like 13 miles is milking it. Around the block should be enough IMO.
Also - anyone know if it’s possible to disable the tracking through the app?
JJDZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote