Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launching Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 10-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #15
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Ss vs ss 1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
OP that is a good first outing! You can drive. The 1LE will be a tenth ot two slower than a SS. Depending on the air in my M6 SS good runs for me were 12.3-12.5. All nannies off! You can try taking your rear tires down to low 20s but no lower and be on gas fumes. And also the builtin GM bog will hold you back if you get a perfect launch. It helps.
I think the ss 1le might be harder to launch because of the eLSD and tire combo perhaps induces bog easier idk, but most of the magazine tests and a lot of the people running their car stock and posting on FB seem to be getting numbers just at good a regular ss's on 1les. Car and driver has gotten 12.3 on ss's and as 1le's. I know the fast list has some 12.1 and 12.0 ss's but I've seen 12.0 and 12.1 as 1le's on FB as well.

I used to think the 1le was slower but whatever it loses in drag it probably makes up for with better stock rubber.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:39 PM   #16
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
That's not too bad. It's a 3,730 lb car putting down low 400 WHP in a car with a few aero bits designed to create some downforce, and wide tires that produce noticeable drag at higher speeds. For a N/A Camaro designed for RR'ing that's pretty good. With the OEM brakes you're never going to get the most ideal wheel and tire setup for DR, but I'm sure you can definitely improve on the OEM setup for DR.

Get some skinnies up front (if the make ones that will fit over the brakes) some slicks or good DR's on the back, drop the front swaybar, and turn off the T/C and you should see a very noticeable improvement in your E.T. and trap everything else left alone. Dropping easy weight from the car like the jack and fix a flat thing should also help some. I quit DR'ing nice street cars though. If you wreck at the track your insurance is going to give you the middle finger. Ask me how I know.

Also if your car is still new (meaning low mileage) it should get a little faster as it wears in more. Wait until you have 15-25K on it and then re-run it. Your times in the same conditions will likely improve a little bit.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:00 AM   #17
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
how did the car launch on that pass? i have an 1/8 mi almost identical. leaving on a prepped track i sidestepped it from 4500 and it fell flat on its face. 1.99 60’, 8.25 @ 88.9 mph. 12.61 @ 114.9.
https://youtu.be/27F87pnrcZY

video of the pass i referenced. if you listen you can hear it bite and then watch the front end bobble as it almost dies. tires had 40 psi in them after a nuclear burnout. the car smelled like clutch the entire pass.

edit: i try to shift on the tach, right at 6500. logging the car shows an actual rpm of 6350-6400. i was afraid to run it into the limiter as that slows it down.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #18
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Don’t use NLS and the car goes faster.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:50 PM   #19
s346k

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdhyperblue View Post
Don’t use NLS and the car goes faster.
ive heard this before. yet to see proof. it would take some serious consistency to compare.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:41 AM   #20
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
ive heard this before. yet to see proof. it would take some serious consistency to compare.
I hear this also, and I know it cuts power so may be there's something to that... but when I roll race other m6 cars I usually pull ahead harder with nls... I know someone logged that it was a little faster with nls, but that is very dependant on individual driver.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:32 PM   #21
s346k

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I hear this also, and I know it cuts power so may be there's something to that... but when I roll race other m6 cars I usually pull ahead harder with nls... I know someone logged that it was a little faster with nls, but that is very dependant on individual driver.
my car pulled 2* of timing at the shift. 6400 rpm. guessing it was during the shift, as it doesn’t even know to do anything until the clutch switch is tripped. so...maybe a duration of .001 seconds, not even while the car is pulling. no timing loss in the next gear until the shift.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:02 PM   #22
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Dude i ran almost exact same time/trap speed stock. I did not NLS. DA was not bad at all. Track was maybe 500 feet above sea level
1.9 60'
These 6 speeds are a bitch to deal with at track
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles