Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-24-2019, 10:43 PM   #1
Phxrider

Drives: Ford Mustang
Is the 2ss worth it over the 1SS

Looking at buying used , was asking if 1SS owners are satisfied or if they wished they went for the 2SS, are the seats, sound system etc that much better in the SS? There are a lot of used 1SS around but not too much used 2SS. Asking from 1SS owners and 2SS owners , or folks who have owned both. Much appreciated
Phxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 11:02 PM   #2
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Looking at buying used , was asking if 1SS owners are satisfied or if they wished they went for the 2SS, are the seats, sound system etc that much better in the SS? There are a lot of used 1SS around but not too much used 2SS. Asking from 1SS owners and 2SS owners , or folks who have owned both. Much appreciated
The only real thing I wish I had was blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert. The cloth seats are actually quite nice. The sound system in the 1SS is not great, but I didn’t get the car for the stereo. The spectrum lighting...no big deal for me. In my opinion it wasn’t worth the extra $$. Oh, and many of the used 1SS cars are likely previous rentals. Careful with those. Just check them over carefully before committing.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 12:30 AM   #3
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
8 inch screen is a plus
Nav
Mag ride!!! Huge plus
Leather.
Illuminated door sills
Dual temp control
I like the spectrum lighting. Cool ass colors.

I bought (2) 2SS'S IN THE LAST 10 years.
Wouldn't consider a1SS.
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 12:42 AM   #4
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Walkinshaw View Post
8 inch screen is a plus
Nav
Mag ride!!! Huge plus
Leather.
Illuminated door sills
Dual temp control
I like the spectrum lighting. Cool ass colors.

I bought (2) 2SS'S IN THE LAST 10 years.
Wouldn't consider a1SS.
>8" screen is in the 1SS
>Nav was an option on 1SS, not standard on 2SS
>Mag ride was an option for 1SS too, not standard on 2SS
>Leather is nice
>Door sills are a novelty
>Dual zone climate is fantastic
>Spectrum lighting is a better novelty than the door sills

You forgot the HUD and blindspot monitoring which are godsends, as are the heated and ventilated seats. Soft touch knee and window pads are better than the hard ones in the 1SS too.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 12:57 AM   #5
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Basically, go 2SS if it is going to a daily driver. Mine is not a daily driver and the 1SS is plenty for me. I still have magnetic ride control and six piston front Brembos with four piston rears. You will not gain performance with the 2SS, but you will get more creature comforts. So, driving everyday the 2SS will give you a more luxurious ride and feel more upscale. Otherwise...why? But, if you have the extra cash, go for it. I probably would have if it wasn’t so much more money.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 02:29 AM   #6
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
the hud alone is worth the 2ss price. if im going to buy a car like this it has to have leather, HUD and magnetic ride. Now if your getting a 1LE then the 1SS has everything you will use. i never use the cooled or heated seats or dual climate control. The trim lighting is nice but wouldn't miss it.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 05:08 AM   #7
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Camaro View Post
>8" screen is in the 1SS
>Nav was an option on 1SS, not standard on 2SS
>Mag ride was an option for 1SS too, not standard on 2SS
>Leather is nice
>Door sills are a novelty
>Dual zone climate is fantastic
>Spectrum lighting is a better novelty than the door sills

You forgot the HUD and blindspot monitoring which are godsends, as are the heated and ventilated seats. Soft touch knee and window pads are better than the hard ones in the 1SS too.

Blind spot monitoring is not needed, imho. I kinda just know where cars are while moving through traffic. No one really creaps up on me without me knowing.

Cross traffic alert is more of a godsend. That should be standard on all Camaros. Its The best thing about a 2SS/ZL1

HUD can be very useful on a track, but on the street, you can use the digital mode of the speedo instead and never miss a HUD. HUD just gives the cops more reason to turn that warning into a real ticket since you have no excuses.

Leather can also be bad. GM's black cloth looks newer longer.

The 1SS with 1LE closes the gap in a few areas... mag ride and HUD is included, the Recaro's are pre-wired for ventilated (not sure about heated) so if you really need it, you can hook up a switch.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:41 AM   #8
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
It really breaks down to what is more important to you.

The 2SS is obviously going to have more creature comforts and tech. However, all the stuff that make the car "go" is going to be the same. Of course, the resale/trade in value increases with the upgrade, but so does the initial selling price.

For the same money, you will be able to get a cleaner, lower mile 1SS of course. The big question, that only you can really answer for yourself, is what do you value more? If you get a 1SS and say to yourself every time you get in it, "I wish it had...", it's not a great value.

I'm perfectly happy with my 1SS, but I'm not a big techie. I bought it to drive it. Don't need the Bose, I listen to NFL Radio or classic rock, (so I remember all those songs from vinyl or cassette, so I only know them with crappy sound, lol).
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 07:41 AM   #9
jb_camaro_2ss

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 Arctic Blue
I have a 2SS. The Bose is just okay and not really a selling point. I find myself turning it down or off to hear the NPP anyway. The nicer leather interior with the premium options and the HUD is what did it for me. I wanted the premium feel in a sports car. Also, the blind spot monitoring isn't necessary, but honestly it is a nice feature to have in the 2SS.

I don't daily mine, but I would definitely take the 2SS over the 1SS if it was my only car. I say go 2SS if you can afford it. I don't think anyone wishes they went with a 1SS after they bought the 2SS. I suggest you look at both in person to make a decision.

Last edited by jb_camaro_2ss; 12-25-2019 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Missed a couple things
jb_camaro_2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 07:41 AM   #10
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
When I went looking for a Camaro I intended to get the V6. My wife insisted I get the 2SS. Aside from the amazing power and handling the car has all the creature comforts one would want. We intend to use it on weekend and long-distance trips so those comforts are really worth it. Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2019, 08:05 AM   #11
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
For me 2SS, no question. Buying used I would imagine even more so, price difference would seem to be negligible at that point.
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:06 AM   #12
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Find a 1SS 1LE. Has most of the 2SS things except stereo, interior lighting, soft knee pads and heated and cooked seats. But you can buy knee pads and the recaro seats can be made to function with a gen5diy wiring kit as heated and cooling functions are inside the recaros.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:17 AM   #13
slimjim2525

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Simple IMO. If this is going to be your daily driver, go 2SS. If you plan to track the car and use for street occasionally, get 1SS with 1LE. I DD mine, and plan to bring to a track once or twice a year only, so went 2SS.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:23 AM   #14
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Get a 2SS for creature comforts which arexnice but a 1SS 1LE for a different type of Camaro! I always liked the look of the 1LE but you can’t go wrong with either one!��