Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #29
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug @ ECS View Post
I am just about done with the first car here, numbers are looking to be exactly where we keep our C7 kit. Right around 550 threw the auto.

Looking forward to seeing the dyno results!
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:15 PM   #30
BH1

Drives: 2016 2SS M6
Quote:
I am just about done with the first car here, numbers are looking to be exactly where we keep our C7 kit. Right around 550 threw the auto.

Good numbers Doug. In other centrifugal systems I've seen, the air intake is run towards the headers, is the ECS installed in the same manner?
BH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #31
RageWorx

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 Camaro with MRC and NPP
Quote:

I'm definitely happy with the numbers a gain of ~150whp was what I was realistically hoping for ... for a 100% stock car with just this kit and tuning through an auto its pretty good.

Can't wait to run at E-Town with this setup and see what it can do.

-Jon
2016 HB Camaro 1SS A8 with MRC and NPP 398rwhp/389tq stock #s(11.84 @ 117 DR only, ECS boost 550rwhp/510tq (dynapack #s) , same boost + AEM water/meth + ARH Headers/mids 600 rwhp+ (dynojet #s) TTP)10.8 @ 129.
2020 Ford Explorer
2003 SVT Cobra Coupe (just your average KB Terminator Cobra).
2013 Focus ST (e30 Tuned).
2004 Dodge 3500 Cummins Dually 6 spd manual (tow rig).
1997 Jeep Cherokee (Lifted and Locked XJ off-road rig).

Last edited by RageWorx; 12-12-2016 at 05:44 PM.
RageWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:55 AM   #32
Doug @ ECS

Drives: very fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH1 View Post
Good numbers Doug. In other centrifugal systems I've seen, the air intake is run towards the headers, is the ECS installed in the same manner?

Yes it is set up basically the same as our 5th gen kit. There is a heat shield between the intake and exhaust though.
Doug @ ECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:48 AM   #33
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Yes it is set up basically the same as our 5th gen kit. There is a heat shield between the intake and exhaust though.
Any update? Dyno sheet yet?
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 12-19-2016, 11:03 AM   #34
RageWorx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Any update? Dyno sheet yet?
I have not picked up the car yet (I'll be in Florida and pick it up when I return end of this week) and Doug wanted to work on some fine details regarding the tuning (he is working with Vortech on their R&D 16 SS also).

I was sent a dyno read out from Alex with the 550 rwhp number (which I was happy with for an A8 on stock fuel system/stock car) but until everything is finalized I will wait to post any dyno sheets (Also before I have posted anything I always ask ECS/Vortech if its appropriate as everything is still new/unreleased).

Don't worry as soon as the car is back in my grasp I will post plenty of info/impressions ... until then any info that Doug wants to contribute will be it. I'm definitely excited and I think the wait will be well worth it with this kit.

-Jon
2016 HB Camaro 1SS A8 with MRC and NPP 398rwhp/389tq stock #s(11.84 @ 117 DR only, ECS boost 550rwhp/510tq (dynapack #s) , same boost + AEM water/meth + ARH Headers/mids 600 rwhp+ (dynojet #s) TTP)10.8 @ 129.
2020 Ford Explorer
Old 12-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #35
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageWorx View Post
I have not picked up the car yet (I'll be in Florida and pick it up when I return end of this week) and Doug wanted to work on some fine details regarding the tuning (he is working with Vortech on their R&D 16 SS also).

I was sent a dyno read out from Alex with the 550 rwhp number (which I was happy with for an A8 on stock fuel system/stock car) but until everything is finalized I will wait to post any dyno sheets (Also before I have posted anything I always ask ECS/Vortech if its appropriate as everything is still new/unreleased).

Don't worry as soon as the car is back in my grasp I will post plenty of info/impressions ... until then any info that Doug wants to contribute will be it. I'm definitely excited and I think the wait will be well worth it with this kit.

-Jon
Thanks!
Old 12-24-2016, 08:46 PM   #36
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:

-Jon
Can you comment on the torque?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2016, 03:42 PM   #37
z06psi
The pot stirrer

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subperfect View Post
You'll still be able to to see the IC through the grill
Attachment 836555
Paint it black and it disappears.

Former cars
1995 Z28
2000 SS
2002 SS
z06psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 04:43 PM   #38
RageWorx

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06psi View Post
Paint it black and it disappears.
I might just do that .... along with the fact that you can't really hear the supercharger much until you get on it I really like the sleeper factor right now
2020 Ford Explorer
Old 12-30-2016, 05:42 PM   #39
RageWorx

Quick Update: I'll post more info another day but I wanted to post some quick impressions now that I've had the chance to drive the car a bit.

1. This supercharger kit is quiet (with the hood closed you can barely hear it.) which is exactly what I wanted. Not that loud all the time is bad but I've had that and I'm good now. But when you get on it you can definitely hear it kind of jekyll/hyde so cool.

2. So far the driveability of this kit has been excellent (part of that also has to do with the tuning work that ECS did as driveability was of importance). I've driven some older centri blower cars and the surging/part throttle driveability was tiresome so I'm glad to report that is not the same situation with this kit. Don't get me wrong there are times in normal driving where I can feel that its supercharged now but its well with-in my acceptable levels of driving comfort.

3. I'm actually a bit surprised by the low end response this car has now with this kit (I've had more PD blower and turbo vehicles and was concerned about the low end grunt of the centris .... I'm no longer concerned with that lol). With this cold weather blowing the tires off is mostly what its good at so I'm not really pushing the car at all yet but the potential is there hard to deny and can't wait to see what it can do.

4. I like the fact that besides the ECS/Vortech supercharger kit the car remains 100% stock (car still has AFM/DOD also and gets similar gas mileage as before while cruising) with all the simplicity that comes along with that.

5. We all felt like the numbers were pretty good for an 100% stock A8 car ... I'll post the dyno sheets later but the numbers were 548 rwhp and 512 tq (at 7-8 psi) through an automatic. I'm not really caught up in final numbers but what I like is the delta gains ... my stock numbers on the same dyno were 398 rwhp/389 tq so I'm definitely happy with 150 rwhp gain right out of the gate with this kit.

I also wanted to say that ECS (Doug,Chris,and Alex) have all been really great through this entire process.

I'll report back with more impressions/info after I put some more miles on her

-Jon
2020 Ford Explorer
Old 12-30-2016, 06:08 PM   #40
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Quick Update: I'll post more info another day but I wanted to post some quick impressions now that I've had the chance to drive the car a bit.

1. This supercharger kit is quiet (with the hood closed you can barely hear it.) which is exactly what I wanted. Not that loud all the time is bad but I've had that and I'm good now. But when you get on it you can definitely hear it kind of jekyll/hyde so cool.

2. So far the driveability of this kit has been excellent (part of that also has to do with the tuning work that ECS did as driveability was of importance). I've driven some older centri blower cars and the surging/part throttle driveability was tiresome so I'm glad to report that is not the same situation with this kit. Don't get me wrong there are times in normal driving where I can feel that its supercharged now but its well with-in my acceptable levels of driving comfort.

3. I'm actually a bit surprised by the low end response this car has now with this kit (I've had more PD blower and turbo vehicles and was concerned about the low end grunt of the centris .... I'm no longer concerned with that lol). With this cold weather blowing the tires off is mostly what its good at so I'm not really pushing the car at all yet but the potential is there hard to deny and can't wait to see what it can do.

4. I like the fact that besides the ECS/Vortech supercharger kit the car remains 100% stock (car still has AFM/DOD also and gets similar gas mileage as before while cruising) with all the simplicity that comes along with that.

5. We all felt like the numbers were pretty good for an 100% stock A8 car ... I'll post the dyno sheets later but the numbers were 548 rwhp and 512 tq (at 7-8 psi) through an automatic. I'm not really caught up in final numbers but what I like is the delta gains ... my stock numbers on the same dyno were 398 rwhp/389 tq so I'm definitely happy with 150 rwhp gain right out of the gate with this kit.

I also wanted to say that ECS (Doug,Chris,and Alex) have all been really great through this entire process.

I'll report back with more impressions/info after I put some more miles on her

-Jon
Good info!

Old 12-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #41
sub_ETCS_ret

Does this kit have a restrictor plate and colder spark plugs?

Old 12-30-2016, 07:42 PM   #42
RageWorx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
Does this kit have a restrictor plate and colder spark plugs?

Yes ECS has included colder plugs and No restrictor plate.

-Jon
2020 Ford Explorer