Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-04-2020, 10:59 AM   #43
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Some rental cars may be maintained better than others. And it depends on how it was driven and maintained. I would test drive and do a thorough inspection before I bought it. You can tell a lot on a test drive.

On another topic regarding cars from the north or the south- you have to be careful on both. Cars up north from the salt belt might have rust on the undercarriage- even if only driven only one winter. The undercarriages and suspension components are only painted, if that- some of the components are raw steel. Being a Camaro convertible it may have not been driven in the winter although I would check the undercarriage before I bought a car from up north.

Cars down south may have hurricane or water damage yes although no one mentioned an over taxed AC system. From my observation living down here, most people keep their windows up and AC on year round in their cars- they never shut it off. It baffles me why on some of the beautiful winter days down here temperatures 75-85 degrees almost everyone drives with their window up. The AC compressors tend to wear out compared to up north cars. Up north the AC is off for the winter and people drive with their windows down a lot and the AC is off in the summer. And the sun also can take a beating on the paint if the cars is not cleaned and waxed regularly. So there are pros and cons form cars up north versus down south.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:00 PM   #44
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Camaro 2SS View Post
Why wouldn't you buy one from the south. Just curious but I would never buy another northern car. I learned that the hard way. To much salt rust.
Curious about this as well. I wouldn't buy a rental, but if I were forced to go that route, I would rather have one from the South vs. North or mid-west.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote