Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-22-2022, 08:33 AM   #43
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
455 HP is rated at the flywheel, not the rear wheel… Stock LT1’s are going to put down in the ball park of 380 - 420 HP on a dyno depending on the dyno and cars transmission.
Exactly.

I had my nearly stock (Rotofab intake) 2017 SS dyno tuned. It has the 8-speed auto trans. Below is the chart showing untuned, tuned, and with e85. This was on a calibrated Mustang dyno.

Stock = 372 WHP, 390 WTQ
Tuned = 393 WHP, 416 WTQ
E85 (E67 actual) = 417 WHP, 441 WTQ
Attached Images

Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:21 PM   #44
PEGA2SS
Madman

Drives: 2018 2SS Optioned 6spd Summit White
Dyno comp uses a calibrated dyno jet

Do they tend to read higher than mustang dynos?

I’m getting curious too

Ur car put down 40 wtq less and u have an intake and e85

Why do u think that is ? Auto vs manual?
PEGA2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:45 PM   #45
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEGA2SS View Post
Dyno comp uses a calibrated dyno jet

Do they tend to read higher than mustang dynos?

I’m getting curious too

Ur car put down 40 wtq less and u have an intake and e85

Why do u think that is ? Auto vs manual?
The operator of the dyno is pumping up the numbers for the OP or the dyno is messed up. Space's dyno sheet lines up with the rest of the cars with the same mods. Even if he had a manual he'd still be about 430 with his mods. So no It's not a auto vs manual thing.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:15 PM   #46
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
I hear if you tap up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start on the steering wheel controls, it'll put your car in super pursuit mode. I'm perfectly ok with millennials not getting this reference.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:42 PM   #47
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
Why is my PP so big?!
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:15 PM   #48
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I hear if you tap up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start on the steering wheel controls, it'll put your car in super pursuit mode. I'm perfectly ok with millennials not getting this reference.
Some of us millennials grew up playing Contra
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:28 PM   #49
WillyZ83

Drives: 18 zl1 garnet red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
That secret code just took me wayyyy back!
WillyZ83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 07:51 PM   #50
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 05:48 AM   #51
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbientLighting View Post
Isn’t this abnormal? All Stock besides the tune and custom vacuum house reroute. Pump 91 AZ gas. Also have silicone intake pipe. Please advise.
Advice is, take it with a grain of salt, because that is what I'd call an internet dyno. Meaning that it gives quite inflated numbers. No way is an SS or LT1 with just a silicone intake pipe and a 91 gas tune getting 459.8 hp at the rear wheels on an honest dyno.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:50 AM   #52
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Advice is, take it with a grain of salt, because that is what I'd call an internet dyno. Meaning that it gives quite inflated numbers. No way is an SS or LT1 with just a silicone intake pipe and a 91 gas tune getting 459.8 hp at the rear wheels on an honest dyno.
Agreed. But for giggles I still want to see 1/4th mile times or taking it to another dyno.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 04:15 PM   #53
PEGA2SS
Madman

Drives: 2018 2SS Optioned 6spd Summit White
Could putting the engine under more vac make more power ? Better seal etc as far as pcv goes
PEGA2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:12 PM   #54
tbrocato

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
tbrocato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:10 AM   #55
MaxRock

Drives: 2022 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEGA2SS View Post
Could putting the engine under more vac make more power ? Better seal etc as far as pcv goes

No
MaxRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:45 PM   #56
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
If other SS Camaros were dynoing much less HP on that same dyno then you could certainly say that you have an abnormally high HP. But without knowing what others have dynoed at then no, you can't really say that. Unless the operator tells you that yours is the highest he has seen...which, trust me, they say to everyone.

Sometimes dynos get updates which change the way they rate things. It could be lower, it could be higher, etc...other times you can input info into them which changes the output reading. Sometimes a particular car on a particular dyno on a particular day at a particular time during particular weather conditions just might read higher than normal for varying reasons. Or the specs on your engine parts might all be slightly off on the generous end and might make for a higher HP engine. Who knows? There are many reasons why you might actually have a higher HP engine or why it might just have read higher or how the operator could have manipulated it to read higher.

These days people want high numbers for little to no work, money, time, or effort. Some dyno shops recognize that and will pander to that mentality because they know that most people will go to dyno A if they always read even 1 RWHP higher than others. Or dyno operators plug in factors so they can say that your numbers "would be this if". And that makes people happy and keeps their business rolling in. Now some dyno shops will tell you "hey look, you're not gonna get reality bending numbers here but we will give you an accurate reading". Those shops are typically the honest ones because they aren't gonna feed your ego with high numbers. So if you really want an honest assessment, find a different shop and get it dynoed there and see how the numbers compare.

And FTR, my ZL1 after full mods dynoed at 740 RWHP on 93 octane on a Dynojet and then 689 RWHP on a Mustang dyno. Like I said, most people will go to the shop that has the dynojet. But then that person might be running around claiming he has 740+ and then line up and get gapped by someone who says they have 680. So it is always best to know what reality is and an honest assessment of your car. Because believe me, some of these guys out here claiming they have 800 and 900 are actually nowhere even close to that.

Until you dyno and compare with another SS or even a couple others on the same dyno you won't know for sure if you're actually higher than normal.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote