Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-11-2022, 09:22 AM   #225
avmac1098

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
Anyone have experience ordering a car from another state and getting it delivered? I think I'm finally giving up on my factory order. I found my exact build for a good deal at a dealer about 300 miles away. I don't have the time to drive there and pick it up so I wanted to have it delivered. The dealer assured me that they have done this sort of thing many times, however they don't have a delivery company to deliver the car so my options would be for either 2 of their employees to physically drive the car to me, or for me to hire a third party delivery service. Does this sound fishy or is that normal? I've never bought a car from another state so I'm not really sure how it all works. Any insight is greatly appreciated!
January 6: Cancelled Order
January 6: Bought a Riverside Blue LT1 V8 in-transit to a dealer
January 19: Expected delivery!!!!
January 21: Received
avmac1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 01:06 PM   #226
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by avmac1098 View Post
Anyone have experience ordering a car from another state and getting it delivered? I think I'm finally giving up on my factory order. I found my exact build for a good deal at a dealer about 300 miles away. I don't have the time to drive there and pick it up so I wanted to have it delivered. The dealer assured me that they have done this sort of thing many times, however they don't have a delivery company to deliver the car so my options would be for either 2 of their employees to physically drive the car to me, or for me to hire a third party delivery service. Does this sound fishy or is that normal? I've never bought a car from another state so I'm not really sure how it all works. Any insight is greatly appreciated!
I recently did this myself. I traveled 200 miles to get my vehicle which had the same exact spec I placed. These is the steps I did; I called the dealership first to make sure the vehicle haven't been allocated for. Once they confirmed, I placed down the deposit to lock it in. Be sure to sign a binding deposit contract to make sure it is yours with the VIN. Make sure they take the car off the site or so they don't have other people trying to compete for the same vehicle. My car didn't even make it to their site yet. It could only be seen in the Chevy Dealership Inventory when people are looking for specs. Next, they called me when it was delivered and sent me a video of it before they did inspection and afterwards. I wanted to pick it up so I can see everything myself. They did offer two options for delivery if I wanted. One was to have one of the salesman deliver it OR they have a special delivery company they use to transport the vehicle to me. Of course it extra cost but opted out. I'm sure if you wanted delivered they would charge you separate or put it into your loan or something. I was hesitant to order a vehicle out of state but it was the easiest transaction i ever did. Also I didn't have a trade in either which helps. Currently, I am in the process to get things registers in my state DMV.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:53 AM   #227
avmac1098

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1
Wasn't sure where to post this but she has finally arrived! Just wanted to share with the community and thank everyone who was so helpful in answering all my questions throughout this process. I went through so many twists and turns to get this car as you can see by my signature haha. I hope everyone still waiting gets theirs soon!
Attached Images

January 6: Cancelled Order
January 6: Bought a Riverside Blue LT1 V8 in-transit to a dealer
January 19: Expected delivery!!!!
January 21: Received
avmac1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 02:57 PM   #228
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Wasn't sure where to post this but she has finally arrived! Just wanted to share with the community and thank everyone who was so helpful in answering all my questions throughout this process. I went through so many twists and turns to get this car as you can see by my signature haha. I hope everyone still waiting gets theirs soon!

Congrats. Looks great. I know you'll enjoy it.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:24 PM   #229
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
One of my favorite road trips was me driving 11.5 hours to a dealership, taking 1 hour to do paperwork, and then driving 11.5 hours straight back home. I only stopped to fill up and to recycle the 2 monster energy drinks that I took with me. Three hundred miles each way doesn't sound too bad to me, although if you're not trading in a vehicle (I was), you can always buy a 1 way trip for under $200 and Uber to the dealership, and drive back home. For the record, my drive home from Iowa was in near 0 degree weather. I just drove extra cautious, I mean it was a new car at the time.

Oh and I see you've taken delivery. Congrats and hopefully you get to plan out a decent road trip soon to build some good memories with your new baby!
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote