Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2019, 05:35 PM   #29
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 386
Here is a video review courtesy of Jorge's Vlog YouTube channel on an SS upgraded to our 95mm (100mm Eff.). It is more than a review as it will show installation, adapter vs. no adapter, and other tips. A couple of notes:

1) We do taper the inlet lip. Please see stock vs. modified comparison below.

2) The adapter keeps TB outlet bore and Manifold inlet bore aligned, it also ensures proper surface overlap with seal, please use it on non-LT5 applications.



https://youtu.be/GkV582axCTk
Attached Images
 
__________________
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:55 AM   #30
jorgesvlog
 
Drives: 2019 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 92
All,

I was very impressed with the TB and its part throttle effectiveness! It was something that I was not expecting to really notice especially between this and another ported 95mm TB back to back. Over all I liked how it felt and it flowed very well. I cant wait to pair this with the ported MSD intake manifold!
jorgesvlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #31
Jimabe
 
Jimabe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Red ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Spring grove IL
Posts: 179
Hi Mike,

We've emailed a few times on this subject, but putting out here to see if there are others who would be "in"...

Now that the LT5 is done, any plans to do the NW 103? Seems to be a fair number of us out here that have done mods to move up to the NW103. I'd be game for sure...
Just really like the work you're doing!!
__________________
Mods: RotoFab Big Gulp, 2" Kooks, Metco 9.1" pulley, Green belt, 103 NW TB, Tune, WeapX Boost Chiller, ADM Coolant reservoir, Jokerz Full Tilt SC Port, Elite E2X Can, Corsa Sport Catback, LED markers, 1LE Tail lights, HO reverse LED's, Red SC Lid, Forgestar 17x11/MickeyT Street R's for Drags
Jimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:16 PM   #32
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 386
Hi, Jimabe.

Thanks for checking again and for your kind words.

That is a risky one and the price point would be way above what is reasonable for a Mod like this. I think we could try going for our own 103mm. A project like that would take a few months to have parts on hand. I'll think about it. We definitely like the idea of having a TB in that size range.

Thanks,
__________________
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 04:11 PM   #33
Jimabe
 
Jimabe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Red ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Spring grove IL
Posts: 179
...or that!...
Will keep checking back from time to time!
__________________
Mods: RotoFab Big Gulp, 2" Kooks, Metco 9.1" pulley, Green belt, 103 NW TB, Tune, WeapX Boost Chiller, ADM Coolant reservoir, Jokerz Full Tilt SC Port, Elite E2X Can, Corsa Sport Catback, LED markers, 1LE Tail lights, HO reverse LED's, Red SC Lid, Forgestar 17x11/MickeyT Street R's for Drags
Jimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:17 PM   #34
regrit723
 
Drives: 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Homosassa, FL
Posts: 31
OK, so I have a 2019 2SS A10; I would purchase this new throttle body but all I see is it will requires a tune; where do you get the TUNE?
regrit723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:20 PM   #35
Joshinator99


 
Joshinator99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Petersham MA
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimabe View Post
Hi Mike,

We've emailed a few times on this subject, but putting out here to see if there are others who would be "in"...

Now that the LT5 is done, any plans to do the NW 103? Seems to be a fair number of us out here that have done mods to move up to the NW103. I'd be game for sure...
Just really like the work you're doing!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Hi, Jimabe.

Thanks for checking again and for your kind words.

That is a risky one and the price point would be way above what is reasonable for a Mod like this. I think we could try going for our own 103mm. A project like that would take a few months to have parts on hand. I'll think about it. We definitely like the idea of having a TB in that size range.

Thanks,
Very interesting! Just wondering out loud, but I wonder how much “meat” is in the 95mm casting for a bigger TB blade...hmmm... If that could be made into a 103 (or very close) it would be much more cost effective than the current batch of 103 units on the market.
__________________
2017 Chevy Camaro 2SS A8 Kong ported Whipple 8.00/3.00, Mast Black Label heads, Fore triple in-tank pumps, 229/245 cam, Rotofab Big Gulp, 112mm TB, forged pistons & rods, LPE +52% injectors, LPE BB HPFP, AWE CB, GForce DS & axles, 2” coated headers, MM Wild CC, everything BMR makes, OEM 1LE wheels (street), Forgestar D5 bead locks (track). 927 WHP/917 WTQ, 9.65@146
2021 Ford Expedition Limited 4WD (daily driver)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4 (hers)
Joshinator99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:43 AM   #36
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Very interesting! Just wondering out loud, but I wonder how much “meat” is in the 95mm casting for a bigger TB blade...hmmm... If that could be made into a 103 (or very close) it would be much more cost effective than the current batch of 103 units on the market.
About 2mm wall thickness, one can dare and steal 1mm of that wall and take bore and blade up to 97-98mm. It would definitely be the way to go if the walls were a bit thicker.

Thanks,
__________________
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:55 AM   #37
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by regrit723 View Post
OK, so I have a 2019 2SS A10; I would purchase this new throttle body but all I see is it will requires a tune; where do you get the TUNE?
Ask around or search for performance shops with experience tuning GM Gen 5 ECM's, then ask if they have ever tuned an 87mm to 95mm TB conversion on an LT1 car. It is not uncommon and I think all they have to do is scale it.

You can also search for mail order tunes online, but a dyno/road tune is always best.

In case you decide to keep your stock tune, we have an 87mm (91 Eff.) TB that works great as well. It all depends on what you are looking to achieve with the Mod.

Thanks,
__________________
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:39 AM   #38
DFW_Muscle
 
Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: DFW
Posts: 191
Mike - any chances of a Black Friday sale for those of us on the fence with the various larger TB options?!?
DFW_Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:42 PM   #39
Gonzo719
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 28
Hi Im getting a MSD intake manifold and was wondering if this is the right adapter to attach the throttle body to to the intake

https://www.ictbillet.com/gen-5-lt5-...or-lt4-sc.html
Gonzo719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:33 PM   #40
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo719 View Post
Hi Im getting a MSD intake manifold and was wondering if this is the right adapter to attach the throttle body to to the intake

https://www.ictbillet.com/gen-5-lt5-...or-lt4-sc.html
What throttle body will you be installing?

If it is our 95mm (100mm Eff) the Adapter kit will be part of them (included in current price).

These are going to be Manifold/SC specific with a smooth transition between bores (tapered internal diameter). They will also include a positioning hole and clocking slot to perfectly center TB on Manifold to avoid edge to edge mismatches. As well as a properly designed seal gland. It does not add any power but it will keep you from losing some.
__________________
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:31 AM   #41
Gonzo719
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
What throttle body will you be installing?

If it is our 95mm (100mm Eff) the Adapter kit will be part of them (included in current price).

These are going to be Manifold/SC specific with a smooth transition between bores (tapered internal diameter). They will also include a positioning hole and clocking slot to perfectly center TB on Manifold to avoid edge to edge mismatches. As well as a properly designed seal gland. It does not add any power but it will keep you from losing some.

Thank you for answering this yes it will be the 95mm (100mm Eff)
Gonzo719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 06:46 PM   #42
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo719 View Post
Thank you for answering this yes it will be the 95mm (100mm Eff)
Great, the Adpaters are ready to ship. Check this thread for more details.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...you-using.html

Thanks,
__________________
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.