Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-14-2024, 03:03 PM   #1
Assassyn

Drives: 2014 Convertable Camero
2014 V6 RS - Engine wont turn off when key is pulled and removed

ok i have been having an issue with my Camaro. First it started as a issue with the alternator not charging the vehicle. I was driging into work and watched the voltage drop and drop untill the car went into powersaving mode then it once i pulled into my works driveway 15min away it died. Dead Battery.

I removed and tested the alternator as well as the battery and the secondary battery that was in the car. I completely removed the aftermarket sound system to make sure it was not a issue or factor. After all that drove the car all day and it was fine. parked it for the night. Next morning it was dead. charged it up and started it and it wouldnt shut off when the key was pulled again. i had to pull the ignition/Run fuse.

Thoughts? I have no idea what's going on. Took it to a local Chevy dealership they had it for three days and said they didn't know.

Please help!
Assassyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 04:26 PM   #2
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
Look at the rear body fuse block, I would suspect being a convertible that water got into it and its corroded. Look at it real good, pull fuses and look underneath, Its in the right rear of the trunk. Also check for any powertrain codes.
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 07:55 AM   #3
Assassyn

Drives: 2014 Convertable Camero
i looked at that rear fuse block and there was some corrosion. i cleaned and replaced all the fuses and relays and still the same issue. i think maybe the ignition is just shot. i changed out the ignition switch and no change either. i have looked at codes and one that seems to be popping up is a

P1682 Driver 5 Line 2
P2534 Ignition switch Run/Start Position Circuit Low
P0606 ECM/PCM Processor

I was using a new ODB reader so i think that's all that popped up and the processor ( P0606 ) one popped up once and vanished.

Guess its off to the dealership for them to hit me for a Thousand or more probably.
Assassyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 04:56 PM   #4
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
Are there any add-on accessories that are wired into the ignition circuits on this car? aftermarket remote start etc...You can remove the ignition main relay in the underhood fuse box, If still the same with the relay removed, then remove the fuses powered by the ignition main relay one at a time to see when voltage to all of them go away. Fuses 14,15,16,17,18,19,20. Once fuse is found will have to disconnect components off that fuse to find the short. GL
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 05:58 AM   #5
cerberus_ss1

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
A hidden short or a frayed wire could be causing the madness. Since you mentioned your alternator and battery drama, it wouldn't hurt to make sure all those electrical connections are snug and not looking sketchy.

And even though you ditched the aftermarket sound system, there could still be some leftover wiring goof messing with your Camaro's vibes. Electrical gremlins are tricky but keep at it.
cerberus_ss1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, fuse, ignition, wont shut off