Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-20-2023, 04:04 PM   #15
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Have you ran a test like the one at the top of page 2-3?
http://resources.aeswave.com/ATG-05_...%20may%20occur.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 07:07 PM   #16
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro LT
STUMPED

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A NEW ECM FOR THE CAMARO AND GOT IT PRE PROGRAMED BUT IT WONT SHAKE THE IMMOBILIZER CODE B101E-48

THE CAR WAS COMPLETELY DISABLED WITH THE OLD ECM-PCM
GONE THROUGH THE SWAP AND HAD THE TRUSTY LOCKSMITH CAME OUT PROGRAMED THE KEYS THE CAR STARTED. ON MY 2010 IT HAS A SEPARATE
BCM UP INSIDE THE UPPER DASH AND THE ECM-PCM IS UNDER THE HOOD.
I AM CONSTANTLY LOOKING AT THE FLASHING ICON WITH YELLOW WITH THE LOCK AND A PERMANENT RESET THE WINDOW ICON 4 TIMES SET BUT THE CAR STARTED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A MONTH WITH THIS NEW ECM BUT I BELIEVE THE SELLER ARES TECH GOOFED
Jarhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 01:50 PM   #17
csymes15

Drives: 2014 camaro ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
Have you ran a test like the one at the top of page 2-3?
http://resources.aeswave.com/ATG-05_...%20may%20occur.

We have
test have been pointing us in weird directions

managed to get all modules to communicate but then it dropped again

I'm leaning towards the ECM is having issues now

going to swap one over and see if it solves the issues
csymes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 02:15 PM   #18
gtstorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by csymes15 View Post
We have
test have been pointing us in weird directions

managed to get all modules to communicate but then it dropped again

I'm leaning towards the ECM is having issues now

going to swap one over and see if it solves the issues
I'm not sure that you can blame a general non communication problem on a particular module. You might want to determine which modules have the 120ohm resistors and replace that module in the data wire's path with a 120ohm resistor. The other modules should still talk if they are awake, the data wires are connected, and there are 120 ohm resistors at each end. It sounds to me from the limited info provided like you have a data path/ resistor issue. One of these resistors is often in the ECM, so it might fix your problem.
Old 07-21-2023, 02:25 PM   #19
gtstorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead1 View Post
I RECENTLY BOUGHT A NEW ECM FOR THE CAMARO AND GOT IT PRE PROGRAMED BUT IT WONT SHAKE THE IMMOBILIZER CODE B101E-48

THE CAR WAS COMPLETELY DISABLED WITH THE OLD ECM-PCM
GONE THROUGH THE SWAP AND HAD THE TRUSTY LOCKSMITH CAME OUT PROGRAMED THE KEYS THE CAR STARTED. ON MY 2010 IT HAS A SEPARATE
BCM UP INSIDE THE UPPER DASH AND THE ECM-PCM IS UNDER THE HOOD.
I AM CONSTANTLY LOOKING AT THE FLASHING ICON WITH YELLOW WITH THE LOCK AND A PERMANENT RESET THE WINDOW ICON 4 TIMES SET BUT THE CAR STARTED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A MONTH WITH THIS NEW ECM BUT I BELIEVE THE SELLER ARES TECH GOOFED
Key relearn is separate from immobilizer relearn, although I'm not sure how you could be driving it if the immobilizer hasn't been reprogrammed. And normal ECM programming would required both a key and immobilizer relearn. The only way around than would be one of the ECM cloning services where you send them your old ECM and they try to copy it completely.

If the car is running and driving and setting that code, you might have an immobilizer module going bad.
Old 07-21-2023, 03:20 PM   #20
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Thanks but where would this be?

If the car is running and driving and setting that code, you might have an immobilizer module going bad.

Is that not within the ecm? The icon in the car with the lock flashing. I put over a 100 miles on it since Installation. I contacted the ecm builder because there is no new available units and they sent me this one a rebuilt pre programmed with vin and basic software. Of course they blamed grounding issues that were not true. I put a deposit down on another and it will be here in 72 hours. On the note with warranty paper said, " Do not attempt to reflash, just have the keys programmed. After spending weeks in the garage it was great to see the old car go again! Thanks C.J.
Old 07-21-2023, 03:59 PM   #21
gtstorey

I may have mislead you on this one. The Immobilzer may be built into the ECm on these. But I think there is still an immobilizer relearn that has to be done when installing a new ECM so that the BCM, TDM and ECM all share the same "password". I'll check the service manual when I get home.
Old 07-21-2023, 04:32 PM   #22
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Mislead

It's all good Since the ecm error and replacement and now with this code.
Replacement module sold by ARES in riverside Cal. On the 18th delivered next day at $304.99 the old one that I am supposed to send back is fried. Hence the reason I ordered a second rebuilt unit. Digits you may need is A9149656
3.6 LIT LT AUTO 6 SPEED 2010 MODEL

THANKS

C.J
Old 07-21-2023, 06:06 PM   #23
gtstorey

According to the service manual the immobilizes is part of the bcm. It gets pretty confusing on the programming side but an ECM replacement should require an immobilizer relearn but not a key relearn. Key relearn would be required with a bcm replacement.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:18 PM   #24
gtstorey

What you thought was the bcm sounds more like the communication interface module. Trust me the bcm does more than what you list.

The way to know this is to check the service manual. You can find it online at alldata.com or buy the hard copy. I have a hard copy.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:20 PM   #25
gtstorey

And there is also mobile telephone control module that might cover what you thought was the bcm.
Old 07-21-2023, 08:53 PM   #26
Jarhead1
Account Suspended

Headache ECM

Quote:
What you thought was the bcm sounds more like the communication interface module. Trust me the bcm does more than what you list.

The way to know this is to check the service manual. You can find it online at alldata.com or buy the hard copy. I have a hard copy.
That's an issue because the 2010 LT has its BCM MOUNTED Above the glove box internally. The fuses are marked BCM relays fuses etc. The communication
port is down below the dash above the Center counsel. The other fuse box that regulates "other" is in the right hand rear quarter panel by the filler Neck buts its contents are similar in fuse design of the BCM box. Upon your explanation I recalled my parts guy in California "ARES TECH" and he stated I was being to aggressive to you and for that I apologize "Old Grunt" is a good term to describe myself"!!! They also stated that there is no possible way of obtaining a new BCM module either. They would wait until the replacement second" to arrive on Tuesday and if it has been installed and if that ecm comes up with the same error to call them back. You have to try to understand my feelings in the matter, They can take all from me but they will never get my camaro! I do agree with one point that its like the GM software is fighting a generic ecm with generic programs. The car still shows Low Voltage to areas along the fuel rails and throttle assembly but the meter says its permanent.

Respectfully

C.J Austin
Old 07-22-2023, 07:46 AM   #27
csymes15

Drives: 2014 camaro ss 1le
Quote:
I'm not sure that you can blame a general non communication problem on a particular module. You might want to determine which modules have the 120ohm resistors and replace that module in the data wire's path with a 120ohm resistor. The other modules should still talk if they are awake, the data wires are connected, and there are 120 ohm resistors at each end. It sounds to me from the limited info provided like you have a data path/ resistor issue. One of these resistors is often in the ECM, so it might fix your problem.
There is a resitor built into the ecm
That's what I'm thinking it busted
But the way the GMLAN works if one module is not working properly it can cause a whole line of modules to not communicate
But it could also just be the resistor not working properly

Unfortunately this happened out of no where car was running perfectly one day then nothing the next

The bcm definitely crapped out and the car can start with the new one
More often than not we have no communication to most of the modules, the ones we can communicate with are air bag sensors, g sensors, and a few other modules similar to those
Tbh I'm just guessing at this point on things cause so far when we get communication, if the exact same scenario is replicated later we won't have coms again

New ecm is on its way to get programmed and we will go from there and see
csymes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2023, 10:01 AM   #28
gtstorey

One bad module will not cause the others to not communicate as long as it’s not the “master”, usually the bcm, that wakes them up. I’ve removed half the modules in my kit car and the remaining still communicate fine. When I replaced the eps that had the resistor to one that didn’t the communication got spotty so I had to add an external resistor to make the data communication work consistently.