Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-08-2024, 08:59 PM   #1
15SLVSS

Drives: 2015 SS LE/1
Need some help please

Hey all,
So I ask this question before but am still struggling to get a fix. I recently made some changes to my car 2015 SS 1LE in the rear and have thrown a bunch of codes. The codes came after I put the drag pack on. I have folks on here who stated they run the same set up with no issue. I’m running 17x5 with MT 305x45 in the rear and 18x5 28x 6 up front. The car had 315x34x 20 in the back and 20 in the front prior to the change. And as I stated above I did not have any codes before the wheel and tire change. The codes come in after you drive about a 1/2 mile and clear again once you turn off the vehicle and start it again. My guess is that if I by a buy a system like a flashpaq I can change the tire diameter and fixe the issue but the car currently has a tune in it that was there when I bought the car. I say all this to ask you if I buy the system and make these changes will it affect my current tune? The tuner that tuned it the first time isn’t far away but I don’t want to spend more money than I need to to just fix this issue and if I have to do that I’m going to go ahead and switch to E85 while I’m at it.

Thanks in advance for advice ( this problem is driving nuts)
15SLVSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 03:08 PM   #2
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
What code?

Also, unless you're boosted or have raised your compression there's no reason to convert to ethanol. It literally makes no difference and you'll have to improve your fuel delivery system.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 10:21 AM   #3
15SLVSS

JoshNMN
The codes are T/C, power steering, abs, brake, stabilatrack. It’s interesting because the car drives normally. And I was not aware about E85 not doing much without boost. I do plan to add a supercharger later but not sure when that will be. Your right and it’s would be a waste to do it now.
Thanks
Old 03-10-2024, 11:39 AM   #4
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
This may seem like a ridiculous question but, what shape is your battery in? These codes like to get thrown when battery condition is on its way out. Just a thought.
Old 03-10-2024, 02:01 PM   #5
15SLVSS

0stones0,
I thought that as well so I had it checked. They said it was good but needed charged. I charged it up and it did the same thing. But thanks for the comment. I’ll try anything at this point.
Old 03-10-2024, 04:42 PM   #6
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
there's your problem you have 2 different size tires on yor car in height
the 305 45 17 is 27.8" tall and the 28 x 6 is 28" tall
from the tire calculator chart you have a 1.1 differance in size which will cause a 9 Rev/mile differance, that will give you errors in the abs,Stabiltrac and traction control systems
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 05:55 PM   #7
15SLVSS

Spyderbuddy,
Thank you, So if I go in and change the tire size in the ECM it will correct the problem?
Old 03-10-2024, 10:53 PM   #8
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Don't Know maybe someone on here can answer that one for you
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 07:59 AM   #9
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...=222148&page=2
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 10:39 PM   #10
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15SLVSS View Post
Spyderbuddy,
Thank you, So if I go in and change the tire size in the ECM it will correct the problem?
Yes if you ever change the tire diameter rollout circumference it has to be adjusted! All systems are computer controlled
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote