Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-22-2024, 01:27 PM   #1
Thomas Godwin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Crank no start. I have spark, fuel and compression

Hey all, i have a 2011 camaro 2ss with a new issue. Crank no start. Remote started the car to warm it up. After a few minutes hopped in and got maybe 1/2 mile down the road when i noticed the coolant gauge was at 3/4. Stopped the car and waited for it to cool down and got it back home. Mind you it was 19 degrees and i suspect my coolant might have froze. Let it warm up to 40 degrees or so and went to crank it and it cranks over but no start. I have correct fuel pressure, I have spark from the plug wires, to the coil packs, i have correct compression and i even ran a coolant pressure test that came back fine. I’ve checked all fuses both under the hood and in the trunk. Suspecting a stuck valve MAYBE but besides that at a loss. PLEASE give me any feedback you guys have
Thomas Godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 02:46 PM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Stuck valve won't allow to pass a compression test. Maybe a failed lifter would on the exhaust side. A valve can only stick open, not really able to stick closed since the pushrod will either force it open or bend. Either way, intake stuck in the wrong position either won't allow air in on intake stroke or to hold it in on compression stroke. Stuck open exhaust will not allow it to build compression. Stuck closed exhaust would force something to give unless it has a failed lifter. The odds of enough of a failure on the valve train to not start without a catastrophic failure is remote.

I would expect most likely to be a fuel issue. How did you check pressure? Mechanical Gauge? Power to the injectors?
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 05:33 PM   #3
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
First thing scan for codes, Will it start and run on supplemental fuel? Use carb cleaner, starting fluid, brake cleaner and mist some into the intake and have someone crank it, If it fires up diagnose the fuel system. I can not emphasize enough on these modern cars always scan for codes, even if u don't see any lights on the dash. I had a tech **** around on a job for over an hour and I ask him if he scanned for codes, He said no, then he did and holy crap there's a code stored which sent him in the right direction. I see to many people on here trying to fix there own cars and that's great but they list a crap load of parts that they replaced and its still not fixed, wasted money. People try to save money but they end up costing themselves way more in the long run.
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote