Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 08-26-2021, 03:03 PM   #855
conemark

Drives: Boost Coupe Stewie formerly '01 Z28
Speaking of Nationals (which is but a week away as of this writing), the red 2.0T will be there. I'm running in S5 for the Pro Solo Finale then DS on Thursday/Friday with Des Toupes co-driving. I'll be in Row 3 as part of the Chief's Team trying to put on a good show for all of you attending.

I think it would be nice if we could coordinate a 6th Gen Camaro group photo at Nationals. Definitely experience Big Wheel Pro Solo as only Texas know how to do it!
conemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:32 PM   #856
clyde

Drives: broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by conemark View Post
Speaking of Nationals (which is but a week away as of this writing), the red 2.0T will be there. I'm running in S5 for the Pro Solo Finale then DS on Thursday/Friday with Des Toupes co-driving. I'll be in Row 3 as part of the Chief's Team trying to put on a good show for all of you attending.

I think it would be nice if we could coordinate a 6th Gen Camaro group photo at Nationals. Definitely experience Big Wheel Pro Solo as only Texas know how to do it!
Why not? I'd be up for a photo thing.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 08:35 AM   #857
AustinTXracer

Drives: 20 SS 1LE
We could do a BS, DS, FS, and CAMC grid shot at least, then maybe a larger group shot on Thursday or Friday? I'm doing the CAM challenge thing on Thursday as well, so not sure what that will actually entail. Only 66 entries so far.

Last edited by AustinTXracer; 08-27-2021 at 04:17 PM. Reason: added classes
AustinTXracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 09:42 AM   #858
conemark

Drives: Boost Coupe Stewie formerly '01 Z28
I'll bring up the group photo idea to Perry Bennett to see if he can compose the photo at Lincoln.
conemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 07:20 AM   #859
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
The latest event. Good enough for 1st in CAM. Also, some spiciness coming through the finish on the first run.

https://photos.google.com/u/1/photo/...bXX9N1tNNsQ78z

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 05:30 PM   #860
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White

Here are both days from nats! I can say I a probably the happiest I could be coming in second. lol. I am very happy with my results... until I watch my videos. day 2 the car was a handful and I left sooo much time out there. With that said I am still very happy with the result!! Such a fun two days with good friends and good competition. Happy to be back after we all missed nats last year!

notes to self, don't change the car as much as I did before nationals lol

I have the rest of the season to test but I am not sold on the 305 front and 315 rear setup. Car felt way too squishy and unresponsive. But, also could be I had zero seat time on this setup, just like anything it takes seat time to know what the car will do when I want it to.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 05:55 PM   #861
JRL1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Awesome Job Mike! Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit53 View Post

Here are both days from nats! I can say I a probably the happiest I could be coming in second. lol. I am very happy with my results... until I watch my videos. day 2 the car was a handful and I left sooo much time out there. With that said I am still very happy with the result!! Such a fun two days with good friends and good competition. Happy to be back after we all missed nats last year!

I have the rest of the season to test but I am not sold on the 305 front and 315 rear setup. Car felt way too squishy and unresponsive. But, also could be I had zero seat time on this setup, just like anything it takes seat time to know what the car will do when I want it to.

--------
Prior Cars: 91 Z28, 02 SS, 03 Z06, 15 SS 1LE, 17 SS 1LE, 04 Z06, 17 C7 Grand Sport
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 05:59 PM   #862
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Mike, for what it's worth from a plebe like me, I think you were the driver of the day out there, and your videos just confirm that.
Old 09-09-2021, 06:19 PM   #863
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:

CONGRATS!

2nd at Nats is a great accomplishment, especially since you're competing against what many feel to be faster cars.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:07 PM   #864
apexit53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
CONGRATS!

2nd at Nats is a great accomplishment, especially since you're competing against what many feel to be faster cars.

Thanks!

I don't know about faster, we both make speed in different ways. Tony is a damn good driver also! I think the camaro vs M2 issue is not so much length but girth... lol. That said. Mark and I may have made it harder for them to move the 1le and gt350 to FS...
#53 F Street
Autocrossing Videos
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
Old 09-09-2021, 09:28 PM   #865
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
That said. Mark and I may have made it harder for them to move the 1le and gt350 to FS...
I was thinking about coming over and asking you to back it down a little! My friend suggested that maybe they still make the move but make the pax a little more difficult in FS. They still have to do something to save FS.
Old 09-10-2021, 09:49 AM   #866
apexit53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msquared View Post
I was thinking about coming over and asking you to back it down a little! My friend suggested that maybe they still make the move but make the pax a little more difficult in FS. They still have to do something to save FS.
hahahah! yeah sorry I couldn't do that.

Yeah its more about saving FS. I do think this car can compete in BS, the car diversity is also awesome. Yet, it would be nice to compete vs cars that have the same tributes and less corse dependency.
#53 F Street
Autocrossing Videos
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
Old 09-11-2021, 10:16 PM   #867
clyde

Drives: broken
Quote:
hahahah! yeah sorry I couldn't do that.

Yeah its more about saving FS. I do think this car can compete in BS, the car diversity is also awesome. Yet, it would be nice to compete vs cars that have the same tributes and less corse dependency.
Mike, awesome driving again (as always?). I hadn't seen Tony drive until Bristol this year and...wow.

I thought both courses this year were about as neutral in favoring one car vs another as we've ever really seen. Did not hear anyone complaining about how either course wasn't good for their cars, which I don't recall ever happening before.

On classing, I think this year showed that the 1LE and M2 are fine classed together, but, yeah, the proposal is about saving FS. If it goes through, looks like the M3s will still be kinda competitive, too, and could have an advantage on narrower courses, but I'd bet they nearly all leave. Not sure I'm as strongly in favor of it as I was when the proposal was made, but I do think the 1LEs and GT350s should be classed with their regular versions in F Street because it's a formula that worked forever until they tried giving the German pony car a place to play. Decent experiment that, unfortunately, didn't work and it's taken a little too long to fix.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 01:07 PM   #868
CRBWS6

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE SCCA FS, 99 WS-6, E46 M3
Congrats Mike. Jay/Jason are really tough in that M2.

And congrats to the OP (Jeff & Nicole) for 1st in ESP/SM. It looks like Camaros represented well this year, including in CAM-C.