Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-11-2018, 01:37 PM   #57
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
I had an 11 2SS and would typically get 14mpg out of it in daily commuter traffic. In march I traded it in for a brand new 2LT/RS and now I get 27mpg on my daily commute. I've seen figures as high as 37mpg if I'm coasting and AFM is active.

With the advances in technology in the 8 years from my 2011 to my new RS, my SS was rated at 0-60 in 4.6 secs. The new RS is rated at 0-60 in 5.1 secs. Half a second is not 'that' big of a deal on a car I drive daily.

Now, don't get me wrong, I miss the sound and the grunt of my SS, but apples to apples, I have more features in my 2LT/RS than I did in my SS (again, with advancements in technology), I only use regular now and not premium, gas mileage is stellar, and performance is great. And the V6 sounds good too, especially on that second to third gear 'snap' at WOT. The V6 is a great sports car, the V8 is a great muscle car.

Now I just need to find out if someone on here bought my SS and is looking after it?!
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #58
IAI80

Drives: 2016 1LT V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Just as you exaggerate your supposed fuel economy numbers, you exaggerate the actual cost to purchase a car. If a SS is rebated and discounted so are the other trims. I paid $21 for my RS auto. The cheapest SS similarly equipped was $15k more with rebates and discounts available at the time. It’s not a comparison.

You don’t have to exaggerate and be extra with every post you make. Along with your lemon law Camaro posts and everything else you have to go to the extreme on everything. Nobody is getting 40+ mpg going 80 in a Camaro. No. Just stop.
Sorry for the subject drift. I was looking for lightly used when I bought a V6. I paid 21K for a year old non-RS with 10K miles on it. How exactly did you pull off 21K for yours brand new with the RS package? Sounds like total dealer capitulation. Well done.
IAI80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:23 AM   #59
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAI80 View Post
Sorry for the subject drift. I was looking for lightly used when I bought a V6. I paid 21K for a year old non-RS with 10K miles on it. How exactly did you pull off 21K for yours brand new with the RS package? Sounds like total dealer capitulation. Well done.
IKR and the funny thing is he states Im exaggerating and he walks off with a RS package for 21k, which is less than what I paid for my base 1LT.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:41 AM   #60
Thelma - 2017 RS

Drives: 2017 RS LT2 Hyper Blue
FWIW when I bought mine there was a dealer selling 1LT RS cars for $24,xxx.
Thelma - 2017 RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:01 AM   #61
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAI80 View Post
I wasn't in a hurry at all. I looked on autotrader for about 3 months pricing them, I found mine at Weber Chevy in st Louis about 3 hours away. They had 3 exactly the same as mine for that price. It was a leftover 17 and there was multiple rebates and incentives. GM financial discount, and conquest discount if you trade in an import car (my civic). I didn't get any more off the price, but they put more in my trade so I got an even better deal with that.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote