Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-15-2018, 12:13 PM   #71
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Been on that forum and this one. Have no issues with either. You’re going have some brand diehards but I don’t take them seriously.

I do think the A10 is a game changer for the Mustang. It’s a very good transmission. The only seats I really like out of either car are the 1LE/ZL1 Recaros with full power. That’s my excuse for needing a ZL1. At least that’s what I tell myself
I can only imagine this 10 speed transmission in my 2017 Camaro with the high revving V6. Wow what a combo that would have made. It might have been my final car.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #72
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I can only imagine this 10 speed transmission in my 2017 Camaro with the high revving V6. Wow what a combo that would have made. It might have been my final car.
It's only 2 extra gears and in the upper area where you don't normally drive aggressively. It's a good transmission but it's not like this second coming of jesus like some people make it out to be.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:13 PM   #73
barneydds

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
It's only 2 extra gears and in the upper area where you don't normally drive aggressively. It's a good transmission but it's not like this second coming of jesus like some people make it out to be.
haha, it's much more than just 2 extra gears.....
barneydds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:55 AM   #74
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneydds View Post
haha, it's much more than just 2 extra gears.....
Great info. Thanks for the reply.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:23 AM   #75
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Great info. Thanks for the reply.
From what I have read it is way better. The 8 speed was so lackluster in my Camaro and coupled with the shuddering issue and the dealership telling me it was a "crap" transmission. I read the road tests on the 2019 Silverados and GMC trucks and they even commented how much better the 10 speed was than the 8 speed. The 10 speed was only available on the 6.2 or on the High Sierra editions though. Other models- turbo 4 and 5.3 get the 8 speed. They tested the trucks back to back and that 8 speed brought the whole truck down.

I have owned, driven and serviced a lot of cars. And I loved my 2017 Camaro- but that tranny and all of the aggravation made me get rid of the car after only one year. I might be in the market for a truck soon and GMC, Silverado is my choice but I will not buy one with that 8 speed.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #76
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
From driving both, I can tell you its much more than just two extra gears. Just look at all the complaints about thd A8 vs the A10 alone. In every GM vehicle that offers the A8 people are bitching about it. Its the main reason my father in law is dropping his Camaro. He and I are both convinced its a poor design that cant be fixed. Lord knows our local dealer has tried many times with his.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:04 AM   #77
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
You nailed it brother! I had a 15 Roush mustang and my 2017 2ss fifty last year at the same time. Loved both cars but the no sunroof on the mustang was what made made me sell it.
I grew up a car guy period. In summer when my friends were playing basketball and baseball all day I was hanging out in my uncle's garage learning torque patterns on head bolts and doing brake jobs at 14. He's got his own garage he built next to his house on his property and works on EVERYTHING from the 1920s through today. I've had the fun of driving a '38 Pontiac Fireball 8 with a 3 on the tree and a '64 Corvette and '65 Mustang. Mopar, Ford, GM, it doesn't matter to me. I prefer GM a little more than the others but not from a subjective, emotional standpoint. I just think their cars are made a little better and generally have more powerful and reliable drivetrains. But I like 'em all.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote