Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #1
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Question for those who have done a full Bose Upgrade

When i did my full system Bose upgrade (subs, all speakers and adding amps) , i used a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 as my DSP to sum up and clean up the Bose amp outputs and pass off to my amps. Some have used the Fix86 or Fix-82. Up until recently, this was the only way to grab a signal for aftermarket amps. Now there is the NAV-M650 and more recently and cheaper the PAC AmpPro4 which both grab the MOST50 signal at the head unit removing the Bose amp manipulation of the audio signal.

My question is...has any of the early Bose upgraders considered or already added the NAV or PAC unit to their setup and ditched the Bose amp output configuration? I have my RF 3sixty/3 dialed in fairly well (using its 1/3 octave eq) but have been wondering how much better, if any, it would sound adding the PAC unit for a direct audio feed to the amps and bypassing the Bose amp signal manipulation........I think i would still keep the 3sixty.3 for fine tuning...
Old 10-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #2
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
I added the AmpPRO to my car last week. Its AMAZING. I would keep the DSP as it will make it sound even better but yea. You are missing alot of signal from the factory amp. I have had to relisten to all my music to find what sounds best now because its changed the profile so much. My sub sounds amazing now!
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:00 AM   #3
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lDejavul View Post
I added the AmpPRO to my car last week. Its AMAZING. I would keep the DSP as it will make it sound even better but yea. You are missing alot of signal from the factory amp. I have had to relisten to all my music to find what sounds best now because its changed the profile so much. My sub sounds amazing now!
Did you switch from something else or just start with Amppro from start?

It looks like the Amppro has 6 rca out....2 front and 2 rear...one center....what is the other output for? Subwoofer? I assume the front and rear outputs are full range?
Old 10-17-2018, 11:41 AM   #4
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
I went with the NAV option last year this year, and after a firmware updates I like it allot. I think at the time it was the only option but glad to see others, I think what it comes down to is what level & cost do you want? If you want to get the most SQ and bass you must get a super clean signal from the head unit. Also as long as you have be best source, like M4A or RAW as my 2017 Camaro head unit does play M4A's RAW or uncompressed. If this is your source then do get the NAV or AmpPro you won't be sorry.

if you are just playing MP3 then maybe not worth the cost?

Christopher
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:46 AM   #5
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
I used the lc7i before. I'm selling it now. The last is for the sub. You can run a y splitter if your amp needs two inputs for the sub. The outputs are adjustable but yea they are full range flat by default.

I disagree about the mp3 not being worth the cost. The bose amp is tuned only for their speakers and they completely cut out alot of the lower end frequencies that the 6x9s cant handle. My sub sounds so much more amazing now that it has the full low end.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #6
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Have had NavTV from the start. If you are serious about music, keep the RF DSP, install the Pac AmpPro, run digital toslink to the RF DSP (if it accepts it), or just run analog if not, but the 1-2 punch will make a huge difference I think
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote