#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-13-2018, 06:59 PM   #43
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmix300 View Post
cool. i would ceramic and wrap. there is a boat load of heat in my engine compartment from the hellion turbo system. i think wrapping all the pipes would have helped some.

I can't make it to camarofest this year, too busy with the adult stuff
Yeah. I think coating and wrap is what ill do. Or maybe just wrap. These guys are killing on price to coat things
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:44 AM   #44
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
How's the warranty doing? LOL

Super Cool build!! Love how you started with a "totaled" car and used your skills to build it back up. I AGP TTed my 5th gen 1LE and then my friend totaled it AFTER the build. But really totaled it shiny side down. Doing a TT your way is so much smarter and cheaper. But first you have to have the skills and time.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #45
GooseSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Subbing, this is a sick build
GooseSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:05 AM   #46
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Drives: Maverick X3 Turbo R
Well ya'll, i was really hoping to post a sweet sub 10.5 timeslip and video but unfortunately the car isn't pulling hard up top any longer; I suspect my torque converter is the culprit but do not have concrete proof yet. When I was at the track, I accidentally left the hptuners cable at home.

I am in the process of getting some body work knocked out on the car that I have been putting off; after I get the car back, I should have enough cash to throw a stall in it.

Keep you posted with the direction the car takes & so on. Who knows, maybe some pistons and rods will show up from Santa.

Last edited by hitmix300; 01-07-2019 at 05:46 PM. Reason: typo
hitmix300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:50 PM   #47
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Well ya'll, i was really hoping to post a sweet sub 10.5 timeslip and video but unfortunately the car isn't pulling hard up top any longer; I suspect my torque converter is the culprit but do not have concrete proof yet. When I was at the track, I accidentally left the hptuners cable at home.

I am in the process of getting some body work knocked out on the car that I have been putting off; after I get the car back, I should have enough cash to throw a stall in it.

Keep you posted with the direction the car takes & so on. Who knows, maybe some pistons and rods will show up form Santa.
Yeah man stock converter isn't bad stockish. But throw some power at it and you get a lot of slip. My converter had the same problem. With the N/A build it was great, nitrous it was ok too. But 15 pounds of boost killed it quick. Cant be leaving the HP cable at home. Have you seen the new HP tuners? Wireless!
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #48
SS2017_MJB

Drives: 2017 SS Coupe 2SS 8AT (427CI, D1X)
Torque Converter Slippage?

Quote:

Keep you posted with the direction the car takes & so on. Who knows, maybe some pistons and rods will show up form Santa.
After reading the entire build from the beginning I am awed! All the little details you had to cover and then jump the hurdles with the laundry list of workarounds. Eventually I will ask some Q's about that fuel system upgrade --- but I want to focus on the transmission. It sounds like you are saying slippage occurring not at launch but at top end? Is that right? I'd think the issue would happen on launch. My speed shop has hinted that I would need a higher RPM upgraded converter in my A8 trans once E85+LT4 fuel system+bigger DI help to push me across the 600+ RWHP border. I'm thinking your Hellion setup is pumping out lots more horses than my plain vanilla P1X. How many horses (and/or foot pounds) do you think your Hellion is producing in its current configuration?
SS2017_MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:13 AM   #49
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

I have been super busy lately, but unfortunately the tq converter is still not replaced. I have a few other projects going on at the moment and decided to leave this car alone until I get the converter ordered & installed.

On the plus side, the body work I have been meaning to accomplish is coming along smoothly and the car is ready for paint. My friend came through to help on the body since I have been out of town lately. He ended up using a porta-power to bring the left quarter back out and made some repairs from some botchy body work on the right quarter from the last owner's body shop.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #50
SS2017_MJB

Quote:
I have been super busy lately, but unfortunately the tq converter is still not replaced. I have a few other projects going on at the moment and decided to leave this car alone until I get the converter ordered & installed.

On the plus side, the body work I have been meaning to accomplish is coming along smoothly and the car is ready for paint. My friend came through to help on the body since I have been out of town lately. He ended up using a porta-power to bring the left quarter back out and made some repairs from some botchy body work on the right quarter from the last owner's body shop.

Stopping by to see latest state of your build (and the body repair issues you mentioned). What type of torque converter are you considering? I looked back in the thread and saw no specifics -- so my curiosity is engaged. I expect I will ultimately have to change my converter......
Old 09-26-2018, 01:43 PM   #51
18ss376

Drives: Camaro
Call Coan, I've had great luck with 2 of theirs on high h.p. engines.
18ss376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:14 AM   #52
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2017_MJB View Post
Stopping by to see latest state of your build (and the body repair issues you mentioned). What type of torque converter are you considering? I looked back in the thread and saw no specifics -- so my curiosity is engaged. I expect I will ultimately have to change my converter......
I currently am only considering Circle D. Their support is top notch and I've put their multi-disc converters to the test with other cars with good luck. I've owned a precision converter in the past that didn't last long at all. Fool me once kind of thing. Circle D runs 10% off on their stalls on black Friday, so i think i will just wait until then.. This will give me time to work on a few other cars that have been patiently waiting for mods/repairs
Old 09-27-2018, 09:11 PM   #53
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
What valve springs are you running?
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:34 AM   #54
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairroughneck View Post
What valve springs are you running?
the valve covers have never been removed on this motor.

subject to change
Old 10-02-2018, 11:41 PM   #55
SS2017_MJB

Which of the 3 Circle D converters are you planning to install? Checking out the Phastek list I saw 2 that appear to be qualified to support a forced induction engine? Lethal Camaro has gone with the CIRCLED-6-24-13-05. There was also the CIRCLED-6-24-13-04. Both had capacities of 1,200 HP. A more "mild" version stated a 800 RWHP capacity. Which one would you recommend for best combo of streetability and 1/4 mile use?
Old 10-03-2018, 05:25 AM   #56
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2017_MJB View Post
Which of the 3 Circle D converters are you planning to install? Checking out the Phastek list I saw 2 that appear to be qualified to support a forced induction engine? Lethal Camaro has gone with the CIRCLED-6-24-13-05. There was also the CIRCLED-6-24-13-04. Both had capacities of 1,200 HP. A more "mild" version stated a 800 RWHP capacity. Which one would you recommend for best combo of streetability and 1/4 mile use?
I will be going with a 258mm diameter converter from them. I don't know by looking at those serial numbers what stall speed those converters are or their diameter.

I will be consulting Chris @ circle D to narrow in on the specific stall speed. i'm guessing somewhere in the 3200 to 3800 range would be groovy.

For street-ability I personally would not get a converter that's super loose or you may not like how the car drives. Consult Circle D about your plans and they will help you choose the correct stall speed. If you don't like it, you always get a free re-stall!