Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-11-2021, 09:41 AM   #141
ZZorro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE - A10
Well isn’t the ZL1 1LE pretty close alternative ?
ZZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 12:34 PM   #142
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZorro View Post
Well isn’t the ZL1 1LE pretty close alternative ?
I think so. I tell people it should have been called the Z28 if they weren't planning anything after the ZLE.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:03 PM   #143
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
I think so. I tell people it should have been called the Z28 if they weren't planning anything after the ZLE.
I can assure you that conversation happened. More than a few times.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:47 PM   #144
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I can assure you that conversation happened. More than a few times.
I bet! Damned EVs...
Old 08-11-2021, 03:07 PM   #145
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
I bet! Damned EVs...
Actually, EVs had absolutely nothing to do with the discussions of ZL1 1LE vs Z/28. That decision was made before the pivot to the Zero Emissions strategy.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 08-11-2021, 04:24 PM   #146
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Actually, EVs had absolutely nothing to do with the discussions of ZL1 1LE vs Z/28. That decision was made before the pivot to the Zero Emissions strategy.
Gotcha. I was implying that if the team were still around, they'd have the personnel to shove that C8Z engine into a 6th gen and make the real Z28.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:58 PM   #147
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Gotcha. I was implying that if the team were still around, they'd have the personnel to shove that C8Z engine into a 6th gen and make the real Z28.
Yeah, makes sense. For a while I thought that might be a thing. Even had it in the powertrain forecast. THAT'S when the EV influence kicked in. You are right on that aspect. I was responding to the idea of should the ZLE have been the Z/28. When that decision was made, the scenario you laid out may have still in play.

Old 08-11-2021, 05:20 PM   #148
ZRacerLE

Quote:
Yeah, makes sense. For a while I thought that might be a thing. Even had it in the powertrain forecast. THAT'S when the EV influence kicked in. You are right on that aspect. I was responding to the idea of should the ZLE have been the Z/28. When that decision was made, the scenario you laid out may have still in play.
Any guesses on power output of the LT6?
Old 08-11-2021, 08:10 PM   #149
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
So what was the engine guess? The FPC V8 or something based off the 6.6 truck engine? I've seen rumors of both.
Old 08-12-2021, 03:12 PM   #150
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
So what was the engine guess? The FPC V8 or something based off the 6.6 truck engine? I've seen rumors of both.
FPC. 6.6 is and always will be a stump-pullin' truck engine.

Old 08-12-2021, 04:13 PM   #151
ZZorro
Account Suspended

So my 2SS order w/Rapid Blue was picked up two days ago I have an order number but no TPW date as of yet. My ZL1 1LE is supposed to built Monday we shall see seems Chev is back on top of this shit again ... WAY BETTER than Ford I have a Mach 1 order won’t be built till November and delivery won’t be til March cause they won’t ship those in the Winter
Old 08-13-2021, 09:50 AM   #152
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZorro View Post
So my 2SS order w/Rapid Blue was picked up two days ago I have an order number but no TPW date as of yet. My ZL1 1LE is supposed to built Monday we shall see seems Chev is back on top of this shit again ... WAY BETTER than Ford I have a Mach 1 order won’t be built till November and delivery won’t be til March cause they won’t ship those in the Winter
You must show us your garage.

Old 08-13-2021, 11:08 AM   #153
ZZorro
Account Suspended

As soon as I get everything I will