Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-06-2021, 05:58 PM   #29
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Wonder how many of the Mustang sales are to rental car companies. Seems like there are tons of rental mustangs and very few camaros. Maybe check around for a rental v8 Camaro as an option.. if there exists such an animal, lol.
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:32 PM   #30
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
People still drive around blind looking at dealers lots?
Sometimes though, the dealer puts false info on the internet. When I was shopping, one of the dealers supposedly had something like I wanted, but stopped by a few times and the car was never there.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:51 PM   #31
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Sometimes though, the dealer puts false info on the internet. When I was shopping, one of the dealers supposedly had something like I wanted, but stopped by a few times and the car was never there.
Good dealers are there. Crap dealers are there. Bought over 7 cars from one in SW FL in three or four years or so. Went to buy a SUV a year ago and they screwed us around and before we even said no the other salesman took the keys of the desk for a test drive for someone else. Sucks being brand loyal but not appreciated. That's life though in the $$$$$ world.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:53 PM   #32
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
Good dealers are there. Crap dealers are there. Bought over 7 cars from one in SW FL in three or four years or so. Went to buy a SUV a year ago and they screwed us around and before we even said no the other salesman took the keys of the desk for a test drive for someone else. Sucks being brand loyal but not appreciated. That's life though in the $$$$$ world.

Which Chevy dealer was this, or at least say what city this was. I live in Punta Gorda.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:57 PM   #33
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by willzilla View Post
Wonder how many of the Mustang sales are to rental car companies. Seems like there are tons of rental mustangs and very few camaros. Maybe check around for a rental v8 Camaro as an option.. if there exists such an animal, lol.

If you were going the rental car route last summer was the time to do it when Hertz was selling off their performance cars after they filed CH 11.

Some excellent deals on 2019 Mustang GT premiums, rag tops and Camaro 2SS ragtops.

I mean great prices. 2019 Camaro 2ss ragtop for 31-32k!!! Except for no NPP. Mustang GT premium ragtops were around $28,500 to 30k!

The downside is you know those cars were ran hard but they still had a bit of warranty left on them. I probably should have bit on a 2ss ragtop but I don't think Hertz auto sales takes trade ins and I was leery on a rental.

They had lots to choose from too.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:53 PM   #34
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
After getting rid of my 98 Z28, I went a few years without a sports car of any kind. Missed owning one, so in 2007 I found an 06 GTO still sitting brand new at a Pontiac dealer. It was one of the best cars I ever owned. Looks were a bit dated by the time I got in it, but it was a very quick car, that only some knew about. People would come up to me, when I parked it anywhere, just to ask more about it. It was the most comfortable interior of any GM car I’ve owned as well. I traded it in, in 2010 on a Camaro SS with the 6 speed. The only reason I let it go, was that it was an automatic, and I missed the manual transmission too much. Miss that car.
I’d have sold you my 04 6spd, LS9 cam, LS6 intake, big TB, aftermarket CNC heads, crane rockers, TSP headers, ATI damper, ZR1 clutch... 400RWHP. sold it for $8,500 at the end of ‘18.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 12:51 AM   #35
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
I’d have sold you my 04 6spd, LS9 cam, LS6 intake, big TB, aftermarket CNC heads, crane rockers, TSP headers, ATI damper, ZR1 clutch... 400RWHP. sold it for $8,500 at the end of ‘18.
Sounds like that must have been quite a sleeper. 👍🏻
Hope someone took good care of it after you.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:31 AM   #36
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
Sounds like that must have been quite a sleeper. 👍🏻
Hope someone took good care of it after you.

I've seen some low mile 2005, 2006 GTOs going for 23 to 26!! WTF. Unless it's a collectors item for yourself why would you spend 26k when you can buy a used base model 2015 and newer Coyote for not much more and have a faster car. Can also buy a 2016 Scatpack for low 30s that will beat it.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:31 AM   #37
ckt227

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Which Chevy dealer was this, or at least say what city this was. I live in Punta Gorda.
Estero Bay Chevy. I bought my first Corvette in Punta Gorda at what is now Gettel Chevrolet. Tried to buy a Colorado from them in 2019. They had at least 20-25 on the lot, only 1 other customer in the place, sales people doing nothing. No one wanted to help me and when they did were way overpriced. I've bought new Chevy's everywhere around SW FL. Arcadia Chevy-Positive/Jenkins Chevy-Positive/Estero Bay Chevy-Usually positive/Victory Layne-Positive and Negative/Roger Dean-Positive and Negative (the place is much better than in the past now). I even bought 2 Pontiacs when Marlow Warner was open in Punta Gorda. I think its a tractor/lawn mower shop now.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:48 AM   #38
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Last count I heard was over 40,000 GM trucks sitting in the Fort Wayne Assembly area waiting for chips. Camaro is not going to be a priority when all manufactures make better money on trucks. And why do you think the Camaro is going anywhere. If you hear about Nascar changing models then there is a reason to be concerned but as of now the Camaro redesign was just approved so Camaro is not going anywhere for a while.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:30 AM   #39
grampi

Drives: Mazda CX-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Last count I heard was over 40,000 GM trucks sitting in the Fort Wayne Assembly area waiting for chips. Camaro is not going to be a priority when all manufactures make better money on trucks. And why do you think the Camaro is going anywhere. If you hear about Nascar changing models then there is a reason to be concerned but as of now the Camaro redesign was just approved so Camaro is not going anywhere for a while.
I think you're on to something here. I too am not convinced the Camaro will be axed, however I'm concerned about what Chevy will do to it...if they turn it into an EV, I'm out...
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 12:36 PM   #40
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
Estero Bay Chevy. I bought my first Corvette in Punta Gorda at what is now Gettel Chevrolet. Tried to buy a Colorado from them in 2019. They had at least 20-25 on the lot, only 1 other customer in the place, sales people doing nothing. No one wanted to help me and when they did were way overpriced. I've bought new Chevy's everywhere around SW FL. Arcadia Chevy-Positive/Jenkins Chevy-Positive/Estero Bay Chevy-Usually positive/Victory Layne-Positive and Negative/Roger Dean-Positive and Negative (the place is much better than in the past now). I even bought 2 Pontiacs when Marlow Warner was open in Punta Gorda. I think its a tractor/lawn mower shop now.
Gettle was better when it was Palm auto. New owners and a lot quit.

Jenkins seems to have better prices too! Only dealee around thar carries 1ss camaros and good priced too!
Old 05-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #41
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcstc View Post
Best time to but one is in the middle of winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Granted mine was used, but I got my 2SS while there was still snow on the roads (February), Drove it from Chicago, back home

$34000 with 34k miles. (little higher on the mileage than I was looking for but figured at least it is broken in already)
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:03 PM   #42
ckt227

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Gettle was better when it was Palm auto. New owners and a lot quit.

Jenkins seems to have better prices too! Only dealee around thar carries 1ss camaros and good priced too!
Palm Chevrolet/auto group. Thanks. I couldn.t remember the name.