Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-29-2021, 11:57 AM   #15
Rallye Green Z

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black 6M, 1969 Z28
Correct... Long term you would want the stock O2's maintaining the fuel trim. But for shear knowledge of actual AFR and what I've been using mine for which is verification that the commanded AFR from the ECM actually matches what the engine is actually seeing you need a wideband. I added a O2 bung into the passenger side downpipe so I could have both the factory O2's and a spot for my wideband.
Rallye Green Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:57 PM   #16
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
@Rallye Green Z Did you get dyno'ed after the install? I just changed up my order from a p1sc1 to p1x. I originally ordered p1sc1 and after doing some research decided I REALLY didn't want the spur gears, so I ended up ordering the helical gearset and p1x w/ stage II intercooler.

Also, do you know what exact wideband you have? How was it really to install? I haven't had time to digest the install instructions yet... was wondering if they are pretty generic, or if there are specific ones for 6th gen camaro? This is the one I was looking at: https://www.jegs.com/i/AEM/017/30-0300/10002/-1

Last edited by cjperformance; 05-03-2021 at 02:07 PM.
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:08 PM   #17
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
@Rallye Green Z Did you get dyno'ed after the install? I just changed up my order from a p1sc1 to p1x. I originally ordered p1sc1 and after doing some research decided I REALLY didn't want the spur gears, so I ended up ordering the helical gearset and p1x w/ stage II intercooler.

Also, do you know what exact wideband you have? How was it really to install? I haven't had time to digest the install instructions yet... was wondering if they are pretty generic, or if there are specific ones for 6th gen camaro?
honestly, if you can still change it..... just switch to the d1x.

You will thank me later.

if not.... order the d1-x anyways, and I will make you a sweet deal on my p1x. lol.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:24 PM   #18
cjperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
honestly, if you can still change it..... just switch to the d1x.

You will thank me later.

if not.... order the d1-x anyways, and I will make you a sweet deal on my p1x. lol.
Ooof.... If I start down that route, I'm gonna end up having to pull the engine, upgrade the internals and drain my bank account too.
Old 05-03-2021, 02:29 PM   #19
cjperformance

Ooooh... just found this from another forum... Supposedly will work with obdii. Gonna have to check and see if that connector extension is going to be a pain in the knee... or shin.

https://www.jegs.com/i/AEM/017/30-0334/10002/-1
Old 05-04-2021, 06:50 AM   #20
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Ooof.... If I start down that route, I'm gonna end up having to pull the engine, upgrade the internals and drain my bank account too.
it takes all but like 2 seconds to max out the p1x. and it's only a few hundred bucks to go from p1x to d1x now.... opposed to $1200 later.

ask me how I know. lol

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:54 AM   #21
cjperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
it takes all but like 2 seconds to max out the p1x.

ask me how I know. lol
Asking how you know

Seriously though, I'm interested in knowing specifically what the issue was. I've never had a Centri before and not sure what 2 seconds to max means. Do you mean through intercooler and intake charge temp or what?

I had heard that for moderate applications, the p1x or even the p1sc1 were fine and put less parasitic load on the system compared to the bigger ones. I see you've got some addl work done, so maybe you are talking about for higher HP applications?

This is a semi-daily driver, so not going to get too crazy with things.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:06 PM   #22
Rallye Green Z

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black 6M, 1969 Z28
CJperformance, I have not had mine on a dyno yet anyway. I used the AEM like you posted earlier that connects via the OBD port. Works well for me, plus I can easily move it to other vehicles. I also have a Autometer gage that is more permanently mounted in the A pillar trim along with a boost gage. Overall the install of the gage was easy, other than removing the downpipe to install the O2 sensor bung.

Danhr is correct, it won't take long before you want more... just begins to add up quick.
Rallye Green Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:42 PM   #23
cjperformance

About halfway there. Also, superman couldn't get that crank bolt off without using some heat. Installing the new crank bolt involved me getting into the engine compartment with one hand and one knee putting all my weight on the torque wrench. Probably hilarious to see.
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2021, 04:35 PM   #24
cjperformance

Well, its done. Took it for a test drive this afternoon. Very impressive. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even get the full experience due to lack of traction. Left the nannies turned on... and was a smart choice. Power was constantly getting dialed back due to tire spin. I can tell it's gonna be a monster with some good tires.

Gonna need to upgrade my Michelin AS3+ or whatever they are. I put those on when it was a daily driver, but really not adequate for things at the new power level.

I did have some issues with the kit. If anyone is even reading this post any more and interested I'll go over some of my experience if anyone is thinking about doing this themselves. Just LMK if there is any interest.