Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-08-2021, 03:12 PM   #1
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
ZZP Front Mount vs Mishimoto Intercooler/Pipes

Hey guys,

So this isnt my first camaro but it is my first turbo'd car.

I've already purchased and installed the mishimoto cold side charge pipe and the GFB DV+. I also have a mishimoto intake boot, k&n flat panel (stock box), and a Vitesse Throttle Controller.

I'm so new to the 6th gen I didnt even know about ZZP till a few days ago. I'm seeing they have a front mount for $599 vs Mishimoto's full Charge pipes + intercooler for $1000.

I was about to buy the hot pipe from mishimoto (love their quality), but I'm wondering how much info there is out there about the difference between the two set ups. Mishimoto is known for their quality products. So in that respect I have no doubt its a good setup. But front mounts are sexy. Pokin out through the bottom of the grill... mmm.

Mishimoto (somewhere) stated their setup is essentially as good as a front mount system. ZZP i've heard good an bad about depending on the product.

Question is... should i save the money and stop going for the mishimoto setup and just do the ZZP? Or is the mishimoto worth the extra coin?

Thoughts?

Side note, I live in CA, so i know... "why not tune?"... thats why.
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 05:10 PM   #2
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
I have the injen IC pipes and noticed quicker spool up and maybe some ponies. I would imagine mishimotos is roughly the same.
Plus I love injens intake products due to their CARB EO is stamped on the pipe, so good for cali drivers.
I think zzps whole setup is good for future mods later down the road and an actual FMIC vs one stuck between radiator and ac condenser.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 05:26 PM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i had all zzp parts on my old cobalt ss turbo

intercooler intake ic piping etc good stuff !
Old 03-10-2021, 02:19 PM   #4
omgitsmiketuck

Oddly enough, right after posting this I got an email from Mishimoto saying they've added 700 points to my account (equals $70 off). Not sure how or why.. but i'll take it.
2011 Camaro LS (MT) - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Flowmaster 40 Mufflers / CAI Intake / Apex scoop and washer relocate / Epic Engineering Catch Can / SS Stoptech Brake lines / BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs / IPF tune /Magnaflow X-Pipe / 25mm Mace intake spacer / BBK Long Tube Headers with High Flow Cats

(Current) 2019 Camaro LS I4 - Vitesse Throttle Controller / Mishimoto intake boot and charge pipes / K&N panel / BMR Sway Bars / GFB DV+ / ZZP Larger Throttle Body
Old 03-11-2021, 10:11 AM   #5
i4heavychevy

Drives: 2019 2.0 camaro
I have the mishimoto intercooler and the pipes. I believe that with the intercoolers zzp and mishimoto both functions about the same for normal daily driving but from what I understand that the zzp will preform better on long track days just because it’s a true FMIC the mishimoto ones connect to the pipes you already purchased but the zzp ones have their own set of pipes. I like my mishimoto one it is much better than stock when it comes to size and build quality. On their webpage they show some heat diagrams comparing the heat soak from oem to theirs. Only downfall is you can’t see it’s beauty because it’s tucked away. Which is good if you’re not trying to be too flashy
K&N Intake, mishimoto intercooler, mishimoto charge pipes, GFB Diverter valve, zzp catted downpipe, Rev9 quad tip muffler delete, twister muffler midpipe, mishimoto oil catch can, MSD coilpacks, Zzp tune, BMR front rear chassis brace, BMR rear-Rear chassis brace, zzp front tower strut brace, zzp larger throttle body. .
i4heavychevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:40 PM   #6
omgitsmiketuck

If anyone was wondering... I ended up sticking with Mishimoto. I'm sure the zzp product is great, but talking to shops in California and trying to ride the fine line of legality...I decided it best to keep the car looking as stock as possible. I did, however, purchase a zzp throttle body which I'm excited to get. I ordered the Mishimoto hot side pipe. I'll have to wait another check till I can get the intercooler. But I'll keep updating as I get things installed.

Old 03-20-2021, 11:54 AM   #7
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmiketuck View Post
If anyone was wondering... I ended up sticking with Mishimoto. I'm sure the zzp product is great, but talking to shops in California and trying to ride the fine line of legality...I decided it best to keep the car looking as stock as possible. I did, however, purchase a zzp throttle body which I'm excited to get. I ordered the Mishimoto hot side pipe. I'll have to wait another check till I can get the intercooler. But I'll keep updating as I get things installed.
Make sure you get the cold side pipe as well. The stock pipe will not fit on the larger ZZP Throttle Body.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 01:14 PM   #8
omgitsmiketuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start The Machine View Post
Make sure you get the cold side pipe as well. The stock pipe will not fit on the larger ZZP Throttle Body.
I already had the cold side.