Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-02-2021, 07:48 PM   #15
k0jdd

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro / Colorado
You might consider writing a polite yet firm letter to the PRESIDENT of the parent auto group to express your displeasure at being treated this way.

CC the GM of the local dealer so he or she knows that their team has stepped in it.

CC to the GM zone manager would also be in order If you can figure out who that is.

I would also copy Scott Bell at GM Canada. (google it)
Traded- 2014 2LT V6 Automatic / Red Hot w/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / Sunroof
VIN 2G1FC1E31E9202653
Traded - 2010 2LT V6 Manual / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / R6P
VIN 2G1FG1EV3A9112601
Sold - 1999 2LT V6 Automatic / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / T-Tops
VIN {Still Searching for it...}
k0jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 02:47 PM   #16
Muglas

Drives: 2ss
What happens if you have a car on order....it shows a build week (in a few weeks) but you change your mind....and want to get something off the lot (theirs or another lot). Do they keep the deposit? Are they allowed to cancel it at the factory? Is the contract binding (ie can they hound u for the car balance). Unlikely but I'd like to know before i go talk to them.
Muglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:54 PM   #17
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muglas View Post
What happens if you have a car on order....it shows a build week (in a few weeks) but you change your mind....and want to get something off the lot (theirs or another lot). Do they keep the deposit? Are they allowed to cancel it at the factory? Is the contract binding (ie can they hound u for the car balance). Unlikely but I'd like to know before i go talk to them.

I can only speak from my experience.. My situation did not get that far and was never even issued a production week. It stayed at 1100 status the entire time. When I called them out on their BS, I first got my 1000 dollars deposit back, I then had them write VOID on my work order and had it signed to be covered. I went 1 1/2 hours to Jim Wilson Chevrolet in Orillia to get my LT1....What a painless process is was with them, I was in and out of the dealer in 20 mins on pickup day...They told me they also have more Camaro's coming in. If interested let me know and I can recommend someone there...

Jason
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote