Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-04-2019, 01:09 PM   #15
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
You probably did the right thing paying out of pocket less than $1000.
I just found out recently that vandalism doesn’t put a strike on your policy. I believe that’s correct right?
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:15 PM   #16
Richroadrage

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
Have you looked at your neighbors houses to see if anyone has a security system that may have captured the crime?
My apartment complex somehow has 0 camera's in the area. Whats worse is the same person keyed my car two days in a row back to back and no one saw somehow.
Richroadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:17 PM   #17
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richroadrage View Post
My apartment complex somehow has 0 camera's in the area. Whats worse is the same person keyed my car two days in a row back to back and no one saw somehow.
Sounds like you might need to plan a stake out with a camera or if your apartment faces your car you may take it upon yourself to set up some type of camera. Typically if it's happened more than once, it's bound to happen again.
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #18
Richroadrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
If it were targeted, more likely a woman. If random, likely a boy, under 13.
I have no grudges with anyone and I recently moved here so none of my ex's or past endeavors know where I live, or atleast thats what I thought. I'm assuming some random turd saw a flashy camaro and took out their anger on it? Idk I could never bring myself to destroy someone's car for ANY reason.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:22 PM   #19
Richroadrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mov Ov3r View Post
Sounds like you might need to plan a stake out with a camera or if your apartment faces your car you may take it upon yourself to set up some type of camera. Typically if it's happened more than once, it's bound to happen again.

My roommate has a dashcam he could lend me. You think it'll be dumb to park in the same spot either with him parked across from me with the cam recording or just simply in my windshield to catch the perpetrator? Over anything, I would love justice to be served and at this point more scrathes on my car can't be too much worse than my car's current state.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:33 PM   #20
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Regarding the camera, I would try to mount one hidden in some bushes with a clear view of your car from the outside as a dash cam is going to have limited visibility over someone messing with your car. I would not try to repair before the perpetrator is caught, that or you move to another home, you'll just be wasting your time and money.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:42 PM   #21
martelds
Go Arizona Cardinals

Drives: 2006 GMC Duramax 2500 HD, 2016 2SS
Change your deductible to 250. You will be surprised at how cheap that really is, then make a claim. It's comprehensive as in not your fault. Your insurance should not go up. It's like making a claim on your glass.
2016 2SS Garnet Red 2SS,6 Speed, NPP, MRC, Adrenaline Red interior, Black Rally Stripes, NAV, Sunroof, Corvette Z51 Black Wheels, Black Front Fascia, aFe / PFADT Suspension Lowering Springs, Black High Rise Rear Spoiler. High flow headers, E85, Roto-Fab Cold Air, MSD Atomic AirForce Intake. aFe / PFADT Front & Rear Sway Bar. Pushing 520 to the Rear Wheels
martelds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #22
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Why did you keep parking in his spot? That's just asking for it especially with a high profile car like a Camaro SS. If you claim it on insurance, there is the potential for your rates to increase. People are going to argue oh no that they won't, but do you want to be put in that position? I know I wouldn't.

If you can, can you post pics of the damage so we can see how bad it is? Maybe all it will need is a good wet sanding and compound polish. If you're still going to be parking it in the same location, I would actually hold off on fixing it to be honest. What if it happens again after you get it fixed? That would be horrible.

I'd wait until you can park it in a more secure location before getting it fixed. Right now, it's already damaged so the chances of it getting keyed again is pretty low. I know what I'm suggesting is going to be very hard to do, especially with a nice car like that. However, it's the only way if you don't want to spend even more money with higher insurance rates or it possibly happening again and then paying twice to get it fixed. Two claims on insurance will most certainly raise your rates.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:13 PM   #23
ArmanSS

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS VERT
People suck. I'm sorry man. I was 21 and in college when I purchased my car and made room in my budget for a single garage to park my car in because I know I can't trust people. I would try and get it covered under insurance. Something like that will cost well over 1500. My dad dropped a rake on my car and left the tinniest scratch...and it cost $600 to fix. He footed the bill because he felt responsible (as he was), but still, ouch! I was told that it was more expensive because I have a metallic black color, and from your pic it looks like you do too. This is low, but I'm not the nicest person so If I were you, I would get a garage, then key this s!#@ out of his car and he can't retaliate since yours is safe! But if you can't be sure it was him then maybe just stay chill.
ArmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #24
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
Why did you keep parking in his spot? That's just asking for it especially with a high profile car like a Camaro SS. If you claim it on insurance, there is the potential for your rates to increase. People are going to argue oh no that they won't, but do you want to be put in that position? I know I wouldn't.
The OP has implied the possible person responsible believes it's their spot, then clarified there is no reserved parking in the complex. He isn't parking in anyone's "spot" per say. I don't think parking in an unreserved spot is "asking for it" as you mention. Sounds like either someone is upset you have a nicer car than they do, upset you're "stealing" their spot, or like you advised an ex or someone with a grudge knows where you live.

Unless you catch them on camera, police won't be able to do much. The only reason to create a report is for insurance purposes at this point. If your insurance increases, then shop around. There's ton of places looking for your business. I hate thieves as much as I do people who disrespect other's property. I am one of those people who parks in the middle of an empty lot 30 cars away from the next car for these types of reasons exclusively.
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:33 PM   #25
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
If you can afford to wrap it then you can afford your comprehensive deductible, right? Get it fixed the right way. Besides, wrap WILL show any flaws underneath it so you'd need them sanded out anyway.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:42 PM   #26
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
My 2013 1LE was keyed back in 2015. Damage was from the front d/s fender all the way around the car back to the p\s fender. Made a police report and called insurance. In total I believe it was $7500 in total. Paid my deductible and was fixed.
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:59 PM   #27
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Kinda makes you wanna do this... but seriously don’t!
Attached Images

STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 06:56 PM   #28
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
Kinda makes you wanna do this... but seriously don’t!
I’d be worried about getting it fixed only to have it happen again. Need to figure out who’s doing it and get the police involved. Nobody should have to put up with that shit! I lose more and more faith in the human race everyday.
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote