Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-03-2019, 11:33 AM   #295
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Okay, there are 100's of those TB's out there now for LT1 M7's/M6's and Rev Match has never been an issue. There are things we have learned when problems arise, specially hesitation followed by a surge, whether rev-matching or not. That is; fuel is always correct, spark timing is usually the problem.

Can other members here with manual cars and our TB's pitch in regarding performance w/ rev-match on?

My first thought is sending you another TB flowing a bit less and see what happens. I'd hate to downgrade performance before knowing if this is particular to your setup.

The issue USAFS197 is talking about is for another PTB brand not ours, so can't really count it as two. This is why I'd like to see if other members here with our TB's have experienced the same as you did.

We'll make it up to you regardless of answers, just want to know if this is a problem in general that hasn't been reported/addressed.

Thanks,
I wonder maybe he is not using a stock tune.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:28 PM   #296
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
Heck i've been so happy with how the car drives i havent even used rev matching ..... i used to have to use it to drive agressively since heel and toe wasnt a reliable/repeatable option.... Since my car is bone stock i'll turn RM on during my next drive and report back.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:34 PM   #297
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerman27410 View Post
Heck i've been so happy with how the car drives i havent even used rev matching ..... i used to have to use it to drive agressively since heel and toe wasnt a reliable/repeatable option.... Since my car is bone stock i'll turn RM on during my next drive and report back.
Can you do a video of throttle blips or a drive by?
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #298
delongboy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Hello, Delong. Thanks for your order and our apologies for the delay. We have had a very good welcome here at Camaro6 and while we have been able to ship NEW parts on time, we ran out of CORES for exchange orders. Orders for exchanges came in a wave that disrupted the flow of cores (much more out than in, in a very short time).

For you and all others who ordered exchanges during this week, if by the end of the week we do not receive cores, then we'll ship a new unit next Monday at no extra cost to you.

Sincerely,
Received today at work. Did the swap in the parking lot and first part of learning procedure. Core is on the way back, scheduled for Monday delivery. Can't wait to drive home and see the difference. Thanks for the quick turnaround!!
delongboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #299
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
I have a 2018 1LE M6, I'm supposed to receive my TB back Friday so I'll give the rev match a whirl.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #300
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
I'll be curious to see how this shakes out. I wouldn't mind stopping by and picking one up at some point, but I love my rev match and don't want it messed with.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 06:40 PM   #301
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
Does the Soler Performance Throttle Body effect gas mileage?
Sharing mileage results from a 2016 2SS A8 convertible with the SP throttle body I installed a week and a half ago.

Test Results
Drive to work: 29.1 miles( 5 miles local/clear, 22 freeway/clear, 3 miles local/clear)
Last 25 MPG AVG: 29.7 BEST: 34

Drive From work: 29.1 miles( 3 miles local/busy, 22 freeway/busy, 5 miles local/busy)
Last 25 MPG AVG: 24.2 BEST: 34
Last 50 MPG AVG: 24.7 BEST: 29.7

Conclusion
Compared to historical data from 2017 and 2018 there is no statistical increase or decrease in gas mileage with the SP Throttle body. That's ZERO.. ZIP... ZILCH.. NADA.. The stats are identical to what the car has been known to deliver. Considering the results from my 2SS, I would be suspicious of any claims to the contrary.
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:16 PM   #302
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
On the way home I switched back and forth turning ARM off and on a few times, didn't notice a difference in throttle response. Will test some more in the next few days.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:47 PM   #303
Mick0311

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline
Apparently the USPS got lost in Alabama. WA state is far away for a delivery today.
Mick0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #304
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
Just took the car out to go watch our local fireworks show..... tried Tour, Sport and Track modes with rev matching enabled.... absolutely no difference in throttle response and precision with it on or off... except now i can manually rev match just as well as the car does it. :-)

Thanks Soler.. I'm really diggin what your modified throttle body has done for my cars drive-ability!
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 07:31 AM   #305
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:

My first thought is sending you another TB flowing a bit less and see what happens. I'd hate to downgrade performance before knowing if this is particular to your setup.

The issue USAFS197 is talking about is for another PTB brand not ours, so can't really count it as two. This is why I'd like to see if other members here with our TB's have experienced the same as you did.

We'll make it up to you regardless of answers, just want to know if this is a problem in general that hasn't been reported/addressed.

Thanks,
Mike - please understand I am not bothered by the issue, but like others mentioned above, the responsiveness is so much better I hadn't been driving it with the RM on.

I am curious if I need to reset the ECU and try "learning" with the rev match on?

It seems fine without RM but it only does this with it on, but it is like it has to "clear itself out" after about 15% throttle on the pedal.

Unfortunately the car is has a blower on it with other mods (E85, cat deletes) The tuner is quite good (does hundreds of late model GM cars a year), but I think he would be willing to help if we need him.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:29 AM   #306
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
Mike - please understand I am not bothered by the issue, but like others mentioned above, the responsiveness is so much better I hadn't been driving it with the RM on.

I am curious if I need to reset the ECU and try "learning" with the rev match on?

It seems fine without RM but it only does this with it on, but it is like it has to "clear itself out" after about 15% throttle on the pedal.

Unfortunately the car is has a blower on it with other mods (E85, cat deletes) The tuner is quite good (does hundreds of late model GM cars a year), but I think he would be willing to help if we need him.
Okay, thanks. Keep us posted. Just wanted you to know that if we can do something about it, we'll be willing to go the custom TB way for you if necessary at no extra cost, that is our promise whether stock or not.

Happy 4th, everybody! ...and thanks for your replies.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #307
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
On the way home I switched back and forth turning ARM off and on a few times, didn't notice a difference in throttle response. Will test some more in the next few days.
What types of driving pattern are you performing to look for a change?

Sharing one notable change with the Soler Performance Throttle Body.
Since 2017, I've observed that quick acceleration from slow speeds in congested traffic merging to the left in an open 'slot', my 2ss vert A8 normally had a slight lag in response when attempting the maneuver. With the SB Throttle body, that lag is gone and the car delivers instant response that's more equivalent to what I achieved with Auto SRT8 hemi's and a manual 4th gen F-Body Firehawk Transam.
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:03 PM   #308
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Question:
Disconnected the battery yesterday in the morning and did the swap out this morning.
Doing the re-learn everything seems to be fine as far as rpm's rising and falling smoothly no fluctuation when putting the car in gear but won't go past 3500rpm on the rev part.
Haven't taken her for a drive yet, won't be able to do so till later tonight but will this correct itself when I do and the ecm has time to learn?
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote