#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-16-2019, 02:28 PM   #85
TheMailMan0

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRVN1 View Post
Grew up in Miami so I know all about your traffic down there. You don't get much cool weather to pick up free hp down there. But how much different is the car now with your mods? Happy with them?
Man, I love it! I was happy with the car without the mods but then decided to make a few changes, a few turned into quite a few more.

The change is HUGE! Its a monster now, half the time I'm half throttle and my wife thinks Im wide open. Then I go wide open... haha
Old 05-16-2019, 02:38 PM   #86
DRVN1

Drives: Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMailMan0 View Post
Man, I love it! I was happy with the car without the mods but then decided to make a few changes, a few turned into quite a few more.

The change is HUGE! Its a monster now, half the time I'm half throttle and my wife thinks Im wide open. Then I go wide open... haha
I go to Miami a couple times a year for business. I will have to the ZL1 down there when I get it and would love to check out your car in person.
DRVN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:40 PM   #87
DRVN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
And that was at basically 80 mph
Very impressive mpg for those speeds.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #88
DRVN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchmonkey View Post
... but holler when you plan to go to Sebring DRVN1! I've still only got 800 miles on her but once I hit the mark I plan on tracking her.

From what I've found http://performancedrivinggroup.com/ seems to run the most track days at Sebring, I was thinking of signing up.
Never seen that group but looks good to me.The prices are higher than I was paying in the past. I have been to Sebring with Porsche owners club, Chin Motorsports, Audi club North America.
Don't worry before I take the car to Sebring I will be looking for lots of feedback on how to prep this car for Sebring! Would be fun to go with other Zl1s. Chin motorsports tends to have a wide range of cool cars when they rent the track. Winter months are better times there since it is hot, wet and humid there during the summer months. I would rather not drive 650hp on a track in the rain!
Old 05-16-2019, 03:40 PM   #89
Bitchmonkey

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Never seen that group but looks good to me.The prices are higher than I was paying in the past. I have been to Sebring with Porsche owners club, Chin Motorsports, Audi club North America.
Don't worry before I take the car to Sebring I will be looking for lots of feedback on how to prep this car for Sebring! Would be fun to go with other Zl1s. Chin motorsports tends to have a wide range of cool cars when they rent the track. Winter months are better times there since it is hot, wet and humid there during the summer months. I would rather not drive 650hp on a track in the rain!
True, since you have to pay in advance rain or shine, summer is definitely hit or miss.

I did find Chin as well, haven't really compared prices yet. But since this sport is replacing motorcycle track days and golf (my back finally went from years of abuse), I'm used to expensive hobbies as long as I get my adrenaline fix
Bitchmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #90
TheMailMan0

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I go to Miami a couple times a year for business. I will have to the ZL1 down there when I get it and would love to check out your car in person.
I'll be here man.
Old 05-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #91
DRVN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchmonkey View Post
True, since you have to pay in advance rain or shine, summer is definitely hit or miss.

I did find Chin as well, haven't really compared prices yet. But since this sport is replacing motorcycle track days and golf (my back finally went from years of abuse), I'm used to expensive hobbies as long as I get my adrenaline fix

Once you get to a road course with the car you will be hooked! It will solve your adrenaline fix! At Sebring I am guessing this car will hit 160 on the big straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #92
DRVN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMailMan0 View Post
I'll be here man.

Will let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2019, 04:58 PM   #93
cornerjunkie

Drives: Nightfall Gray 17 ZL1
Quote:
Trying to sell my Audi S4 so I can get a ZL1. Just curious how many of you daily drive your ZL1 or are most of you using this car as a weekend car.
I would drive it maybe 10k miles a year and wondering how reliable it has been.
Thanks,
Mike
I traded my 11 S4 in on my ZL1, it is my DD. I do have an old Civic beater for snow days.
cornerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #94
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
Last week I drove it out in the country roads I go to. It had been awhile. I was in third at 55 and stomped it while passing someone. It fishtailed back and forth 3 times before it was planted. I had forgotten how nice it was to feel the power.
I got the BMR lockout kit along with the lower / upper / trailing arms on the way...while it is a nifty feeling, I'm getting rid of the fishtail!!
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:04 PM   #95
DRVN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerjunkie View Post
I traded my 11 S4 in on my ZL1, it is my DD. I do have an old Civic beater for snow days.
You miss the S4 at all? How my car sits now I would get raped if I tried to trade it in. After having the supercharged V8 I am thinking you don't miss the supercharged V6!

Old 05-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #96
Fatty1707

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Mine is a DD...work is 15 joyous minutes away. It is PPF covered, a d Ceramic coated...and the first week of June it will get a Diamond Silver wrap.
I love driving this car...it has 14K in 1.5 years.
Do you have a wicker bill on the back? If so any pics?
Fatty1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:17 PM   #97
E.Farnum

Drives: Chevy ZL1
Quote:
115 miles round trip in that traffic in a manual?!
I get to pick my hours so I commute during less traffic. About 25 highway miles and 30 mountain/twisty miles each way. It's a blast. I can cut the 25 highway miles down to about 10 and take another back/mountain way but it takes a bit longer for that particular route.
E.Farnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #98
kcobra

Drives: 2018 ZL1
My recommendation is if you do a lot driving in relatively high traffic areas, I would get the automatic. I bought the car for the simple reason its a great every day car!
kcobra is offline   Reply With Quote