#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-15-2019, 02:52 PM   #29
DRVN1

Drives: Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
Not yet DRVN! It still looks good. It has a clear coat so hopefully it will be okay.
That is good to hear, the car will be garaged at all times unless it is being driven so don't think it would be an issue. I have just read about carbon fiber yellowing on other cars but had not read about the issue on the ZL1.
DRVN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #30
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yeah it should be good to go if in a garage most all the time!
Old 05-15-2019, 03:04 PM   #31
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRVN1 View Post
That is alot of driving every day and I am glad to hear you have no complaints besides visibility. Would you make a 4 hour trip it in the car or you think would be too much in the car? The seats felt comfortable sitting in them for the 15 minutes that I did.
I would. I like the way the seats feel. Though im not a heavy set person. Getting in and out is a pain, but only if the parking is tight.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:21 PM   #32
LT4Greg

I really like the Recaro seats over the ones in the 2016 2SS I had. They are more supportive and comfortable to me. I made the 4 hour trip from SC to Georgia after I bought the Z without any back or leg issues. Stopped for a couple of restroom breaks and to eat before getting home.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:38 PM   #33
philpacs

Drives: Camaro ZL1 A10
It's my only car, and does well for daily duty and I track Sebring. I haven't noticed yellowing of my carbon fiber inserts etc. I wish I could also afford another daily but so far so good. I back into most parking spots, keep distance of the car in front of me and avoid sharp curbs to help avoid accidents. I have a smile on my face each time I start it up. No mechanical issues other than the Nav not working properly and the dealer said they can't do anything else to fix it and some minor rattles that seem to come and go. Overall good.
philpacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #34
Marcedward_907

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Summit White
Talking

Quote:
You drive it in the snow?! Glad to hear that it has been reliable for you. What kind of mileage do you see on HWY at like 80 if you are not driving with heavy foot. Is the rated 21 attainable?
I do! But when I say snow it’s not going through feet of snow. I have a set of all season Bridgestone Potenza RE980AS on them and they do okay given what car it is.

I see high teens and low twenty’s for sure. Which for what the car is I’m happy. My WRX used to get high teens anyway and my newer WRX got 30 plus. But I didn’t buy the car for mileage.... smiles per gallon.
Marcedward_907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:56 PM   #35
DRVN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Greg View Post
I really like the Recaro seats over the ones in the 2016 2SS I had. They are more supportive and comfortable to me. I made the 4 hour trip from SC to Georgia after I bought the Z without any back or leg issues. Stopped for a couple of restroom breaks and to eat before getting home.
Funny you had 4 hour drive after buying it. I am speaking to a two dealers in another state that would require about a 6-8 hour drive home. I am sure it would be a fun roadtrip!
Old 05-15-2019, 03:57 PM   #36
DRVN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by philpacs View Post
It's my only car, and does well for daily duty and I track Sebring. I haven't noticed yellowing of my carbon fiber inserts etc. I wish I could also afford another daily but so far so good. I back into most parking spots, keep distance of the car in front of me and avoid sharp curbs to help avoid accidents. I have a smile on my face each time I start it up. No mechanical issues other than the Nav not working properly and the dealer said they can't do anything else to fix it and some minor rattles that seem to come and go. Overall good.
How was the car at Sebring? Any issues with the car overheating or brake fade? You go with Chin motorsports?
What is wrong with the NAV and why can't the dealer fix it?
Old 05-15-2019, 04:06 PM   #37
ssrallyred

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 M6
Quote:
Funny you had 4 hour drive after buying it. I am speaking to a two dealers in another state that would require about a 6-8 hour drive home. I am sure it would be a fun roadtrip!

I bought my car in Austin TX and drove strait through to Destin FL. 13 hours. Filled it up 3 times lol. Its been a great car!
Old 05-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #38
DRVN1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrallyred View Post
I bought my car in Austin TX and drove strait through to Destin FL. 13 hours. Filled it up 3 times lol. Its been a great car!
That is an epic first drive! Was probably almost done with break-in by the time you got home!
You live in AL now? One of the dealers I talked too was in Anniston Al.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:15 PM   #39
LT4Greg

Yes it was a memorable trip up there and back in early March of this year and the last time I drove my 2016 2SS to do a trade in with the sale. I’m sure you will have a memorable trip too!
Old 05-15-2019, 04:18 PM   #40
ssrallyred

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 M6
Quote:
That is an epic first drive! Was probably almost done with break-in by the time you got home!
You live in AL now? One of the dealers I talked too was in Anniston Al.
Yeah moved up here in Jan. Taking care of family stuff. I went from 4th, 5th and 6th a lot to vary RPM's lol and yes I was through break in.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:27 PM   #41
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
I have mine on heavy rotation between my wife and I. One has 26k the other 2k. No issues.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:08 PM   #42
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I drive mine a good bit. We have a few vehicles, so I can't say it is a daily driver. I have tracked the car at NOLA Motorsports. In 2018, I drove it to CamaroFest, tracked it at NCM, drag raced it at Beech Bend, took a day trip with a group to the Maker's Mark distillery and then drove it home. I am heading north to Missouri in a few days. I am looking forward to dancing through the Ozark Mountains.

I like the seats better than in my 2016 Camaro 2SS, FWIW.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote