Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-11-2020, 01:59 AM   #15
Tha Snowman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
Very nice. I cant wait to get mine on this weekend. The tailpipes will be the last bit of chrome on the car other than in light fixtures which are needed lol. The wheels are silver and will eventually be done something with. Just not sure what yet. Being they are as light as they are, I really dont want anything heavier.

How did you decide where to place the new emblem?
I created a rectangle around the original lettering using painters tape, marked the top and bottom center point and applied it from there.
Tha Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:37 PM   #16
byrds8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS, L99
For your viewing pleasure, after 8.5 hours, the detail is complete. The emblems are now on. I think this guy is amazing and he only charges like $150. Im not sure why that last image decided to turn sideways.
Attached Images

2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
byrds8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 07:51 PM   #17
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Shiny girl
That is cheap as ****
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:02 PM   #18
byrds8

Yeah I know. He's the cheapest in town. He washes the clays the car. When he's done with that he buffs everything the seals it with Jet Seal. I called all around here and most want $350-600 to do what he does. I bet they also wont take their time like this guy does either. Granted now he doesn't use a heavy compound and tear into the clear but it still looks nice when done. Id love to have it paint corrected but it wouldn't last long here. I have a good many chips in the front bumper from interstate driving back and forth to work every. I may as well wait a while and make it worth it to repaint the bumper lol. I asked him the first time I had him out why he was so cheap and he just looked at me and said, "Does it look like I'm sweating this? I love doing this. Now if I leave town I'm getting paid but around here its my hobby." Cant argue with that or his work for sure.
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
Old 03-14-2020, 08:18 PM   #19
Bigdumogre

Quote:
Yeah I know. He's the cheapest in town. He washes the clays the car. When he's done with that he buffs everything the seals it with Jet Seal. I called all around here and most want $350-600 to do what he does. I bet they also wont take their time like this guy does either. Granted now he doesn't use a heavy compound and tear into the clear but it still looks nice when done. Id love to have it paint corrected but it wouldn't last long here. I have a good many chips in the front bumper from interstate driving back and forth to work every. I may as well wait a while and make it worth it to repaint the bumper lol. I asked him the first time I had him out why he was so cheap and he just looked at me and said, "Does it look like I'm sweating this? I love doing this. Now if I leave town I'm getting paid but around here its my hobby." Cant argue with that or his work for sure.
I need a paint correction too but probably just spray front bumper mine is all chipped too from being driven in New York. My windshield is pretty bad too thinking of getting that replaced on day too
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Old 03-14-2020, 08:37 PM   #20
byrds8

Oh I feel you on the windshield. Mine in the right light looks like the stars came out lol. Florida is horrible. Sad thing is I only go maybe 10mi one way on the interstate and I get this much damage. Granted I put like 20K miles on my car almost in the first year going back and forth to work. Its all good though, she is my baby and I plan to keep her for the long haul. When the kids and grown and gone I want to do heads/cam/stall then twin turbos. Then Ill be happy.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:01 PM   #21
Tha Snowman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Came out great
Tha Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 06:42 PM   #22
Bigdumogre

Quote:
Oh I feel you on the windshield. Mine in the right light looks like the stars came out lol. Florida is horrible. Sad thing is I only go maybe 10mi one way on the interstate and I get this much damage. Granted I put like 20K miles on my car almost in the first year going back and forth to work. Its all good though, she is my baby and I plan to keep her for the long haul. When the kids and grown and gone I want to do heads/cam/stall then twin turbos. Then Ill be happy.
I detailed my car the other day and waxed the windshield and when I was driving mine looked the same lol
Old 03-20-2020, 02:58 PM   #23
Ernie70

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro 1LT
Quote:
What part of Fl are you (and him) in? I am Orlando. Although Ii do my own detailing , I would like a deep clean clay bar and sealant.
Ernie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:46 AM   #24
byrds8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdumogre View Post
I detailed my car the other day and waxed the windshield and when I was driving mine looked the same lol
Crazy how pitted these things get. Until this generation of cars, I do not recall any of the previous vehicles having a windshield like this. lol.

I am in the Pensacola area.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:00 AM   #25
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
BEAUTIFUL CAR! I'm in the process of changing my badges ,logos and rims to black on my yellow 2014 vert. Looking at your car, I know I made the right choice.
joekono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 03:33 AM   #26
anth331

Drives: 12SS
I put these on because, I'm old and old school. Plus, I really like the way they look. I even put one on my dashboard.
Attached Images

anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:42 AM   #27
byrds8

Nice, looks good. There were some young military members that was sitting next to me at the light when I was leaving base one day. They had their windows down and I could hear them arguing that my car wasn't a Camaro because it didn't say SS on the side. One was saying if it doesn't say SS its not a Camaro. I looked over and smiled and when the light turned green I let her rip and and pulled in front of them so they saw the SS on the rear lol. Bet they stopped arguing after I gunned it lol.