Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-04-2019, 04:43 PM   #1
moloko

Drives: Camaro V6 2011 and 2014 V6
Evaporator turns itself on and off

Hello! Yesterday in a travel with cool weather without using AC I noticed that in some moments I feel a little wind coming out of the evaporator and then cut, all in about two seconds or less.

In the 3-hour journey I felt like four times he did the same thing...

The AC didn't leave it activated.

I also realize that the button to circulate outside air, which I have always activated when start the car, is deactivated after this issue with the evaporator... This is because the evaporator turns on automatically and then cuts in random time.
The AC fan knob is fine. What could this be? A false contact?
moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:33 PM   #2
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by moloko View Post
Hello! Yesterday in a travel with cool weather without using AC I noticed that in some moments I feel a little wind coming out of the evaporator and then cut, all in about two seconds or less.

In the 3-hour journey I felt like four times he did the same thing...

The AC didn't leave it activated.

I also realize that the button to circulate outside air, which I have always activated when start the car, is deactivated after this issue with the evaporator... This is because the evaporator turns on automatically and then cuts in random time.
The AC fan knob is fine. What could this be? A false contact?
If you have the vents aimed at the windshield sometimes the A/C will come on to dehumidify. I have also read that sometimes the A/C comes on just to circulate the gas.

We don't have a button to circulate outside air. That is the default. We have a button to recirculate inside air that is useful when running the A/C when starting a vehicle that is very hot on the inside. I believe it is on a timer so you do not suffocate.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:02 AM   #3
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
If you have the window defog on, the AC will run whenever the temp is above some pre-determined point, somewhere just above freezing.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:41 PM   #4
moloko

Drives: Camaro V6 2011 and 2014 V6
I don't seem to have explained myself well.

I don't have my defog activated or anything. My AC is totally deactivated.

But a few days ago I noticed that at certain times the evaporator in the cabin starts to draw air for a one or two seconds and then cuts... This isn't normal

In the two years that I have the vehicle never did that...

It's like the AC fan knob is failing and turns on and off only at certain times but only for a few seconds, it's almost undetectable.... It's like a false contact.

Example:
Always, when I start my vehicle, I press this button (recirculate air, with AC off)

and after using the vehicle for hours and hours the button is still on, unless I turn the AC on and off.

It was always that way. What happens now?

The evaporator fan turns on randomly and blows for a few seconds and then turns off...

I have to be manually activating the recirculate air button all the time as the evaporator turns itself on and off...

This has never happened to me before...
moloko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:29 AM   #5
Ernie70

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro 1LT
I am having the exact same issue! Thought I was loosing my mind lol. Have you found out the problem yet by chance ??
Ernie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:49 AM   #6
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
You could unplug the compressor or remove the fuse if it bothers you that much. It's probably designed to do that for previous states reasons.
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:52 AM   #7
Ernie70

I live in Florida , I need the compressor LOL. It just odd that it is so random at times. I did a lil research and can't really find out why it is doing it.
Old 09-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #8
Ernie70

Ok , so I believe that I have a pretty solid theory on this . I have noticed on my way to and from work , that if I have NO AC controls on , and only the RECYCLE air button. The the RECYCLE will turn it self off at about the same time length of driving every time. When I run the RECYCLE air ON , with just the fan setting on (again no AC) , it will not turn itself off. What I am being lead to think is that the RECYCLE setting on with no other AC settings or fan on , the RECYCLE is on a timer (such like the rear DEFROST) to automatically turn off after a set time .

Tags
air conditioner, evaporator, turns alone