Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #15
Red Lightening

Drives: 2016 SS Camaro Convertible
AWE is a great choice for Gen 6 Camaro!

Josh/AWE, thanks for this thread, it is the reason I went with AWE "Touring" over Borla, Corsa, Magnaflow, ect. Install was easy other than the system favors the inside of the openings on both sides, but you are cramming those quad 4.5" tips into what was a quad 3.5" space! BTW, those Black Diamond tips are unmatched by anyone! Took just a little manipulating prior to torquing down but otherwise cut and dry taking 1 hour+/- to install. When starting and moderate throttle, nice growl! When my foot is into it, everybody knows! However... just cruising down the street, very tame, (similar to original NPP sport mode). I also have Kooks 1 7/8 long tubes with high flow cats. I included pics to demonstrate pre and post install. I have a cold start video but can't seem to get uploaded.
Great experience overall!
Attached Images

Red Lightening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:26 AM   #16
Josh/AWE

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lightening View Post
Josh/AWE, thanks for this thread, it is the reason I went with AWE "Touring" over Borla, Corsa, Magnaflow, ect. Install was easy other than the system favors the inside of the openings on both sides, but you are cramming those quad 4.5" tips into what was a quad 3.5" space! BTW, those Black Diamond tips are unmatched by anyone! Took just a little manipulating prior to torquing down but otherwise cut and dry taking 1 hour+/- to install. When starting and moderate throttle, nice growl! When my foot is into it, everybody knows! However... just cruising down the street, very tame, (similar to original NPP sport mode). I also have Kooks 1 7/8 long tubes with high flow cats. I included pics to demonstrate pre and post install. I have a cold start video but can't seem to get uploaded.
Great experience overall!

My pleasure, Red! Looking forward to the videos.

PS: all ya have to do is take the YouTube link, add in the front and behind it
Josh/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote