Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #15
6ixrosario

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescout6 View Post
Difference is the quality of customer service. Any issues with my car USAA had it fixed or paid out in literally 3-4 days. I have family members and friends that have Geico and they have to fight for weeks or months to get geico to cover something. They fight you on everything and try to get out of having to pay. I know a few that have had a decent experience with them, but the vast majority of those I've encountered do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah my mom was telling I'd basically be shit out of luck trying to get with Geico. Lol sucks but that's how these companies make their money haha. But I'll try USAA. Hopefully I can't find a reasonable monthly cost soon.
6ixrosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:26 AM   #16
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
you have a loan on the car. you need full coverage.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:35 AM   #17
6ixrosario

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Is progressive a good company?
6ixrosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:36 AM   #18
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
NO. they suck. they're scumbags.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:55 PM   #19
init4fun

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Good luck my friend. I feel your pain. I bought a Trans Am when I was 19 and the insurance was Stupid.

I know you want a nice car but my recommendation is to get yourself a nice used 4 door and put that money away until you are 25. As for personal experience with insurance. I shop around once a year an d State farm has been the cheapest I've found every time I've checked.

If you go with Geico be sure that you know your coverage. When the GF and I bought her new car we compared rates (she had Geico) and they we're the 2nd highest when comparing actual coverage. The last thing you want is to get hung out to dry by your insurance company due to inadequate coverage.
init4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:29 PM   #20
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
One thing I'll say about my personal experience with Geico, (which may or may not apply to you) is that I was quoted a cheaper price than my current insurance (USAA) and when I actually started moving forward with setting up the policy, basically at the VERY LAST step where it took me to the page with the confirm button that if I clicked it, would enact my policy, it said it was making an adjustment (for a speeding ticket I got) and the price ended up being almost exactly what I pay with USAA, so I didnt switch.
Point is that $231 you were quoted might not actually be what you would end up paying.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #21
toro1966

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible 50th
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringtheory View Post
One thing I'll say about my personal experience with Geico, (which may or may not apply to you) is that I was quoted a cheaper price than my current insurance (USAA) and when I actually started moving forward with setting up the policy, basically at the VERY LAST step where it took me to the page with the confirm button that if I clicked it, would enact my policy, it said it was making an adjustment (for a speeding ticket I got) and the price ended up being almost exactly what I pay with USAA, so I didnt switch.
Point is that $231 you were quoted might not actually be what you would end up paying.
Switched from USAA after 22 years because Geico cut my rate by almost 900 every 6 months....Couldn't believe it myself
toro1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 02:59 AM   #22
LettieRobertson

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS
The cost of providing car insurance coverage to young drivers is normally more expensive for the insurance company and the driver than any other age group. Must go for multiple quotes with as much saving, and do look for collision and comprehensive coverage, Property Damage, Personal Injury Protection, Physical Damage Comprehensive, and some others as well. Consider raising your deductible. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium. My nephew has recently bought this first car Tesla model x, got decent auto insurance Ocala for it, from the useful resource recommended from his friend. Hopefully you get what you are looking for according to your requirements.
LettieRobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 11:51 AM   #23
Tumba

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
At 19 I was paying $350 ish per month for a cobalt and it wasn't even an SS! I was in a long term relationship with my girl friend at the time. I've since convinced her to marry me but a year or so before I actually proposed I asked my agent if I could add her to my auto policy (Allstate). My agent was cool with it since it was a long term relationship. My rate went from 350 for just my cobalt to 200 for both of ours. I would also recommend an agency that gives you an agent. If you ever do need to use your insurance for any reason it's nice having someone interested in keeping your business.
Tumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #24
BluinSC

Drives: BVM 1SS
I am 28 in SC. Driving record not clean.

My insurance is 145.
BluinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:44 PM   #25
Dub9

Drives: F1fty SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Take the Geico good luck. I will tell you I just priced out insurance via Grundy collector car insurance. With an agreed value of $55k for a 17 2SS convertible I was quoted $735 for 12 months. Problem with collector car insurance is you need to be 25 or older, have a reliable daily driver, and your collector car cannot be you main mode of transportation.
Thank you for this. Just got a quote, $981. I did max liability, $500 deductible, and I am in the second most expensive state in the union. Still $1000 cheaper than my agent quoted.

Do you know if it can be reduced for winter storage, or is that factored in?
Dub9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:11 PM   #26
greaser2

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1 KG
GEICO and have a second vehicle as your primary vehicle
greaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:18 PM   #27
Lerch98

Drives: 2017 2SS black on black on black.
Yes, when you put your car in storage tell the insurance company. You still need to have comprehensive. Also if there is a note on your car you need to tell the loan company and will need to have the comprehensive as well.
I store my SS in the winter and this saves me cash. When I take it out, I call the Insurance company and they re-instate the policies.
Lerch98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:01 PM   #28
batmobile209

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
That's insane, I'm 21 and have Geico full cov. for 140/month.
batmobile209 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016, 2017 camaro, 2ss, camaro, insurance