Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-11-2022, 12:57 AM   #1
ALC

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
On the 1SS 1LE what material are the back seats?

I know the front seats are the alcantara recaros, but what about the back seats? This is specifically the 1SS 1LE because the normal 1SS back seats are cloth. Are the back seats in the 1SS 1LE cloth too? Or are they leather or alcantara?
ALC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:27 AM   #2
v8fanboy

Drives: 2018 HotWheels 2SS 6 Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALC View Post
I know the front seats are the alcantara recaros, but what about the back seats? This is specifically the 1SS 1LE because the normal 1SS back seats are cloth. Are the back seats in the 1SS 1LE cloth too? Or are they leather or alcantara?
Im sure on the 2SS 1LE, they are leather. 1SS 1LE should be cloth. I honestly felt like the attention to detail was missed out here. Both front and back should have been alcantara/suede recaros. I am big on interior, and I would not get a 1LE for that reason.
v8fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:07 AM   #3
snowscientist

Drives: 2018 1LE 1SS
On my 2018 1LE 1ss they are leather rear seats and quite nice. I would think they still are leather on any 1LE.
snowscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 04:50 AM   #4
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
"leather". they are not cloth.
Old 04-11-2022, 05:10 AM   #5
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
"leather". they are not cloth.
Leather is correct

Though I do not call them "back seats" I refer to it as a very nice, leather upholstered package shelf!!! LOL! Not really seats after all......

Last edited by Nothing like an SS; 04-11-2022 at 06:24 AM.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 05:48 AM   #6
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
leather
Old 04-11-2022, 06:38 AM   #7
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8fanboy View Post
Im sure on the 2SS 1LE, they are leather. 1SS 1LE should be cloth. I honestly felt like the attention to detail was missed out here. Both front and back should have been alcantara/suede recaros. I am big on interior, and I would not get a 1LE for that reason.
The materials on the seats are the same for both the 1SS and 2SS 1LEs, both front and rear. Both the 1SS and 2SS front seats have leather and Alcantara on them. The 2SS front seats are heated and cooled and have the memory function. The rears don't look bad in leather and in my opinion look better with the Recaros than cloth seats would. Sure Chevy cheaped out and used the 2SS rear leather seat in the rear for the 1LE instead of matching the front seats, but it's actually an upgrade for 1SS owners. I'm pretty sure Recaro doesn't make a matching rear seat and Chevy wasn't going to build one for a limited production car. It just used what it already had.

I have to say not getting a 1LE because of the back seat is being pretty picky. The 1SS 1LE already gives the car several upgrades over the standard 1SS that come on the 2SS, not to mention the extra performance goodies. And the 1LE package is a bargain compared to adding some of the performance goodies to an SS separately. And realistically not many Camaro owners really use the back seats anyway.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:50 PM   #8
Daily1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
My 2018 1SS 1LE has leather rear seats and Recaro front seats. From my understanding this is the identical seat used in the 2SS 1LE it just doesn't have the heated and cooled seat functions hooked up. Not sure if this is still true in the newer model years, but I don't think the seats have changed.

The way the seats are done is actually the reason I got a 1SS and not a 2SS 1LE. It felt like you were paying for seats twice in a 2SS 1LE as one of the extra costs of a 2SS is the leather seat upgrade, but then you pay again for the Recaro seats with the 1LE package. Yet you only get 1 set of seats in the end. The 1LE package should cost less on 2SS's IMO.
Old 04-11-2022, 04:34 PM   #9
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
I have to say not getting a 1LE because of the back seat is being pretty picky. The 1SS 1LE already gives the car several upgrades over the standard 1SS that come on the 2SS, not to mention the extra performance goodies.
It has always bothered me that Chevy charges "full freight" for a1SS to 2SS package upgrade even with a 1LE package when you don't get the leather interior. All I want in from the 2SS package is the electronic rearview mirror and maybe the lane assist feature.

I've been talking to my local dealer, who I've never been able to reach a deal with before now, since I'm ready to factory order and pay MSRP, I can finally stay local. They said they can't get an allocation on a 2023 until 28 April. They also said that in the past, if they jam in an RPO code from a line item in a higher package, sometimes chevy will build it that way and not reject the order, and you only pay for what you wanted. ...seems unlikely to me, but worth a try, maybe.

So, this is a once in a lifetime buy for me. I'm having some anxiety over it, tbh. I think I want a Rapid Blue 1SS manual 1LE. only options being red seat belts, a hashmark 1LE thing, maybe an CAI (for sound and appearance, if I can find the filter part number), maybe a strut tower brace (although most comments i found are negative/uneccesary).

Any comments or suggestions on worthwhile performance options, or colors?

Playing with configurator tool for 2022... Why does the powder coated/black strut tower brace negate the 1LE package, but the plain aluminum one doesn't? are the optional "SS" center caps glossy, and would they good on 1LE wheels?

If I factory order a CAI box, does the MAF come recalibrated from the factory, or does my dealership still need to mess with the ECU/MAF?

I figure maybe i should just pursue an aftermarket STB, airbox, window tint, and matte black rocker panel rockchip guards later on.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 04:49 PM   #10
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
It has always bothered me that Chevy charges "full freight" for a1SS to 2SS package upgrade even with a 1LE package when you don't get the leather interior. All I want in from the 2SS package is the electronic rearview mirror and maybe the lane assist feature.

I've been talking to my local dealer, who I've never been able to reach a deal with before now, since I'm ready to factory order and pay MSRP, I can finally stay local. They said they can't get an allocation on a 2023 until 28 April. They also said that in the past, if they jam in an RPO code from a line item in a higher package, sometimes chevy will build it that way and not reject the order, and you only pay for what you wanted. ...seems unlikely to me, but worth a try, maybe.

So, this is a once in a lifetime buy for me. I'm having some anxiety over it, tbh. I think I want a Rapid Blue 1SS manual 1LE. only options being red seat belts, a hashmark 1LE thing, maybe an CAI (for sound and appearance, if I can find the filter part number), maybe a strut tower brace (although most comments i found are negative/uneccesary).

Any comments or suggestions on worthwhile performance options, or colors?

Playing with configurator tool for 2022... Why does the powder coated/black strut tower brace negate the 1LE package, but the plain aluminum one doesn't? are the optional "SS" center caps glossy, and would they good on 1LE wheels?

If I factory order a CAI box, does the MAF come recalibrated from the factory, or does my dealership still need to mess with the ECU/MAF?

I figure maybe i should just pursue an aftermarket STB, airbox, window tint, and matte black rocker panel rockchip guards later on.
I have a 1SS 1LE 6M in Rapid Blue. I like the 1SS 1LE because its all about performance. In my opinion one of the best bang for the buck vehicles available. I don't need some of the extra cost items that come with the 2SS as my car isn't my daily driver. I also like that the 1SS 1LE comes with a few items that are standard on the 2SS like the heads up display and the real leather seat.

You should be able to get either strut bar on a 1LE. My guess is that the website is incorrect if it only gives you one option. You can also add OEM parts later if you like. Since purchasing my car I've added the black gas door, suede knee pads and an aluminum strut tower brace.

I'm not sure that the gloss black SS center caps would look very good on the 1LE wheels as they are a very dark gray color.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 05:09 PM   #11
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Any opinion on the aluminum pedals? or factory vs aftermarket floormats? is there an aftermarket knee pad that doesn't cost a fortune?
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 05:40 PM   #12
VINCETHEGIANT

Drives: '20 SS/1LE
I have no idea on the pedals? i think its just a metal plate cut to fit the rubber pedal not a actual metal pedal. the factory 1le floormats with the 1le logo are cool but the loyds mats are probably made nicer though. i have the 2ss knee pads on my 1ss 1le and they really look nice as far as matching the stitching..just find the center knee pads on e-bay or on here they are way over priced new. if i remember the ones for the door are like $45 each new.
VINCETHEGIANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:12 PM   #13
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricio View Post
Any opinion on the aluminum pedals? or factory vs aftermarket floormats? is there an aftermarket knee pad that doesn't cost a fortune?
GM used to sell a pedal kit that you can still buy from Wildhammer (https://wildhammermotorsports.com/16...eneral-motors/), then you can add a dead pedal cover from American Car Craft: https://www.americancarcraft.com/201...e-finish/p1736. Doesn't really get cheaper and not less reliable than these.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:38 AM   #14
Juniorv130

Drives: 2022 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
I have a 1SS 1LE 6M in Rapid Blue. I like the 1SS 1LE because its all about performance. In my opinion one of the best bang for the buck vehicles available. I don't need some of the extra cost items that come with the 2SS as my car isn't my daily driver. I also like that the 1SS 1LE comes with a few items that are standard on the 2SS like the heads up display and the real leather seat.

You should be able to get either strut bar on a 1LE. My guess is that the website is incorrect if it only gives you one option. You can also add OEM parts later if you like. Since purchasing my car I've added the black gas door, suede knee pads and an aluminum strut tower brace.

I'm not sure that the gloss black SS center caps would look very good on the 1LE wheels as they are a very dark gray color.

Sorry to revive a dead thread but I am looking at a 2022 1SS 1LE at lunch. what material are the rear seats in your car?

Thanks!
2010 2SS RS - RJM - 6M - SOLD
Juniorv130 is offline   Reply With Quote