Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #15
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Nasty1le View Post
Can anyone explain in simple terms what Quasi-Linear means? Lol

I looked it up, and got this: The simplest definition of a quasi-linear PDE says: A PDE in which at least one coefficient of the partial derivatives is really a function of the dependent variable(say u). For example, ∂2u∂x21+u∂2u∂x22=0.

I am now dumber than before after trying to figure that out, haha...
Old 04-05-2020, 08:50 PM   #16
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Nasty1le View Post
Can anyone explain in simple terms what Quasi-Linear means? Lol
Almost linear. Not a true line when you look at it closely, but linear for the purpose of the discussion.

That means that at about 25% pedal you get about 25% throttle opening, at 50% pedal -> 50% throttle and so on.

If nobody is going to split hairs and tell us it is not truly linear, we'd be glad to simply say linear. How's that?
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:39 PM   #17
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Almost linear. Not a true line when you look at it closely, but linear for the purpose of the discussion.

That means that at about 25% pedal you get about 25% throttle opening, at 50% pedal -> 50% throttle and so on.

If nobody is going to split hairs and tell us it is not truly linear, we'd be glad to simply say linear. How's that?
Haha thanks Mike! Google wasn’t helping me clarify it at all but that is what I assumed it meant!
Old 04-07-2020, 09:22 AM   #18
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
You guys who are sharing your experiences with the Soler TB and TC, are you using OEM intake?
I installed my rotofab at the same time as the Soler TB. In doing a little research before ordering both, I never once saw anyone mention that the car eventually reverts back to basically stock after installing either (or both) essentially making both a waste of money. I certainly would've saved the $900+ if I knew I was buying a placebo.

That's kind of why I posted this and asked the question. It's sort of a long standing thing that the addition of these parts will help in some way, even if it's very small. If that's not the case with the ZL1, then people should be made aware before they spend hard earned money on either. I'm not trying to trash anyone or any manufacturer, because both items appear to be high quality, and I'm sure that with other supporting mods, they might add to the performance.
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:33 AM   #19
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
I haven’t experienced any indication that the throttle controller changes have been reverted back AT ALL. I also personally do not believe that the computer will adjust fully back to stock for the Rotofab CAI or the Throttle body. Might it adjust SOME? Maybe. But back to fully stock. Very doubtful. IMO that’s just the talking heads who think everyone needs a tune. Of course a tune will net more. I won’t suggest otherwise.

I haven’t dyno’d this car so that’s just my opinion. The seat of the pants factor tells me my mods make enough difference for me to feel it. And no amount of chestbeating by the talking heads will change that. I have decades of experience owning, modding and driving cars with more power than this one and I base my opinions on that experience.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:44 AM   #20
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Hello, Artryan. Thank you very much for being a customer and all of the other customers/members pitching in with their experiences.

Artryan, there must be something we can do, we certainly don't want you feeling this way. Let's talk. PM sent.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:30 PM   #21
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
The Roto-Fab is a placebo.....IMHO, unless you get a tune. A lot of folks swear at the improved HP, most of which is "seat of the pants" dyno. Not knocking anyone, who owns one and would highly recommend a CAI if you are doing any other mods which require a tune. However, you should be feeling some difference with the TB. I don't know of anyone who hasn't had a positive experience with it.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:01 PM   #22
Hell Raiser
To fast is not enough

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Camaro & 2020 CT5-V Turbo
Question is does all the little mods like TB, pedal command, CAI. revert back to factory. A lot of $$$$$ to enjoy for just a few miles. Proof is always welcome before and after a couple of months of driving would make a difference in how we spend our $$$ on items that work other then a few days. All this HP gains at first what about after a few months of driving. Proof is a good way. We can say everything for awhile but longevity is better.
Hell Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:26 PM   #23
FoundNemo

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Raiser View Post
Question is does all the little mods like TB, pedal command, CAI. revert back to factory. A lot of $$$$$ to enjoy for just a few miles. Proof is always welcome before and after a couple of months of driving would make a difference in how we spend our $$$ on items that work other then a few days. All this HP gains at first what about after a few months of driving. Proof is a good way. We can say everything for awhile but longevity is better.
You can always pull the battery cable and reset these every few months worst case..
FoundNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 03:08 PM   #24
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
True, and we have done it plenty of times. It stays.

For our TC's this is very easy to confirm, simply switch back and forth between OE (stock mode) and any other mode and you'll notice.

For the TB there are a couple of ways to verify;

1) Can anyone here with one of our TB's installed for longer than 2 months or more than 2k miles send a log during normal everyday driving? We'll compare MAF @ TP vs. OEM, we'll look at fuel and spark too.

2) Run the car in manual mode and let it cruise at the minimum speed a given gear allows, accelerate and you should notice that with the stock TB it will be poor (almost like lugging the engine) while with ours you can still pull ahead smoothly.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:44 PM   #25
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
You guys who are sharing your experiences with the Soler TB and TC, are you using OEM intake?

Yes, I am.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:35 PM   #26
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
I think all are great supporting mods!! You might be getting used to the difference over time since it is not a huge gain. I doubt that the car reverts back to complete stock.
So if you port the SC and add a ported TB, TC, And rotatable intake you will revert to stock after a short while
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:42 PM   #27
Hell Raiser
To fast is not enough

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Camaro & 2020 CT5-V Turbo
If you have to disconnect the battery after a few miles or months then it must revert back to stock. That's why I ask the question before I buy.. So far I have no answer just words.
I know my ZL1 or my Caddy V I have no lag what so ever I punch it and it is there. If I buy these little MODs what will I gain? I don't mind spending just like to get what I pay for. And a little proof. So far I just read post with nothing to really see after a few months or miles driven. A log or something to show would solve this question. Not trying to be smart just question. I am just a old man feeling young. HP runs in my veins.
Hell Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 07:27 AM   #28
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
If you have to disconnect the battery after a few miles or months then it must revert back to stock. That's why I ask the question before I buy.. So far I have no answer just words.
I know my ZL1 or my Caddy V I have no lag what so ever I punch it and it is there. If I buy these little MODs what will I gain? I don't mind spending just like to get what I pay for. And a little proof. So far I just read post with nothing to really see after a few months or miles driven. A log or something to show would solve this question. Not trying to be smart just question. I am just a old man feeling young. HP runs in my veins.
Several of us have given you answers already. Sounds like you just don’t want to hear it or believe it. I have Rotofab, TB and Controller. I can tell a difference and it is better than stock. I do not have to disconnect the battery.

Would it be better with a tune? Of course it would. Did it revert to stock? NO. You will see benefit with mods but not as much as you would if you add a tune after the mods.
If you are the type that’s very hard to please and super nit picky about everything, I’d recommend just leaving it stock.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote