Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-28-2020, 02:54 PM   #1
SilverHokie

Drives: 86 Camaro IROC LG4, 16 Subaru WRX
Used Pricing Guides

Hi,

I'm looking at mildly used 6th gens (specifically a convertible 2SS, stick, with MRC). The dealers around me seem to be priced above KBB values. Which of the guides are the most accurate on the market: KBB, Edmunds, CarGuru's, NADA?

Relative to the guides, are you finding the dealers willing to negotiate down to what the guides state or do they seem to stick to the price trying to ride out the rest of this mild winter? So far everyone to spoke to is not interested in negotiating even if the car has boon on their lot for a while.

I don't mind paying enough so the dealer makes a reasonable profit but I'm not interested in overpaying. Even if every other dealer has inflated prices.

Thoughts?

(Yes, I know my IROC is not a 5th nor a 6th gen. I'm here as I am thinking about a newer convertible and I know from experience most of the Camaro forum members are helpful and understanding.... right?!?)
SilverHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:00 AM   #2
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHokie View Post
Hi,

I'm looking at mildly used 6th gens (specifically a convertible 2SS, stick, with MRC). The dealers around me seem to be priced above KBB values. Which of the guides are the most accurate on the market: KBB, Edmunds, CarGuru's, NADA?

Relative to the guides, are you finding the dealers willing to negotiate down to what the guides state or do they seem to stick to the price trying to ride out the rest of this mild winter? So far everyone to spoke to is not interested in negotiating even if the car has boon on their lot for a while.

I don't mind paying enough so the dealer makes a reasonable profit but I'm not interested in overpaying. Even if every other dealer has inflated prices.

Thoughts?
Most dealers are not really going to negotiate that price over the phone or by email. Here's the deal, they list these cars on third party web sites, and they are all competing with each other to get your feet on their lot. once you get there, how much they are willing to negotiate really depends on how much the dealer owns the car for. That includes purchase and reconditioning. If they bought it cheap, or they didn't have to do much to bring it to the front line, they might have some room. I will say that all dealers are more flexible with people sitting in front of them than they are with mind deals on the internet.

If you see a car you really like on the internet, then call the dealership and ask for the pre-owned manager. If you talk to that person directly, and agree to come see the car, they are likely to match you with a more experienced and qualified sales person. I you just call and randomly ask about the car, you get what you get.

The simple answer is that the online prices are driven by a competitive market. They may come off a little, but don't expect much. A little being maybe a grand. Don't expect much more than that however. Especially for niche market car like a Camaro 2SS Convertible.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote