Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-25-2016, 05:43 AM   #169
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Wow...63 degrees, low humidity?
I expect to see temps that low come November in my world.
When I do...No A/C w/windows/roof cracked open enjoying every second of that feeling. Perhaps defrost on 70+ ish.
All this week it's been mid 80's during the day, mid-low 60's at night & although I haven't looked at the official stats, there doesn't seem to be much humidity in the mornings. This is really unusual for this time of year here in eastern NC. I'm from Florida originally and usually the weather here stays about the same as what it is in the upper half of FL.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:45 AM   #170
n813ca

Drives: 2106 SS
Moisture on windshield

I just bought a new 2016 SS. Same problem and I do not feel safe driving my brand new car when it fogs over half the window in FL.
n813ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:37 AM   #171
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
It has gotten bad on our 2.0T car. Humidity has been brutal here and it will fog up unless you run defrost with high heat. Not exactly something we want to do in Texas heat.

GM really needs to address this issue.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:43 AM   #172
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel Team 6 View Post
I have this problem here in Tampa Florida and it is excessively bad. Stopping at a red light or idling for a couple minutes then the windshield fogs up. Keeping the temp at 74+ on the dual zone control and the fan on low it only fogs up a small area but try to drop the temp even 1 degree or increase fan speed then there are 2 large fogged up areas on the front windshield.
Pretty sure i've seen you around.. Next time you see a gray 2ss with a cop sticker on the license plate, give me a nod
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:26 AM   #173
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
My truck does this from time to time, mostly on a morning when there's dew on everything, but I rarely run the AC and just roll my windows down, turn my wipers on and sometimes put heat on the windshield. I hope GM decides to fix this issue in the 6th Gen, I know some very small patches can't be helped but to fog up half the windshield is a problem. I can attest that turning into the sun with a fogged up windshield is HIGHLY dangerous.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:56 AM   #174
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Pretty sure i've seen you around.. Next time you see a gray 2ss with a cop sticker on the license plate, give me a nod
If you see a hyper blue Camaro with USF plates and a black mousepad on my dash, that'll be me
Old 08-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #175
Vyncynt

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (on order)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n813ca View Post
I just bought a new 2016 SS. Same problem and I do not feel safe driving my brand new car when it fogs over half the window in FL.
Same here with the Alabama humidity

Let's get everyone to file a complaint to the NHTSA:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint

"Ahhh! Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get!"
- Lyrics from a song from Scooter: "Apache Rock the Bottom!"

Previously owned
1998 BMW 540 w/M-series package
1991 Trans Am GTA
1985 Saab 900 Turbo (Burned leaded fuel on the Autobahn)
1985 Firebird (R.I.P.)
1976 Camaro LT
Vyncynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #176
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Seen you around

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I've seen a black ss on 54, they waived and revved passing by as I was in a turn lane. I also seen a hyper blue ss on 19 and I've seen a couple v6 cars. Have yet to see another nfgm car pass me. If I do see ya I definitely will nod or give a thumbs up. That is if I can see you out of my fogged up windshield

I drive my truck most of the time. I barely got to the 1000 mile mark. Been waiting for the rain to go away and cooler air to come so I can drive without a fogged up windshield.
Wheel Team 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:41 AM   #177
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Sadly I do not see many brethren on my commutes. But I get a compliment on the car every day I take it out on the road. Benefit/curse of being the only one for miles, yours is the only one people around you have seen.

Now I just nod and say thank you. Won't talk about the car anymore with people that ask because I'll bitch about the window, the microphone not working on the highway, the rattle in my exhaust and start I got pissed because I hit the down paddle while flashing hello back to my Mustang neighbor (steady throttle at 47 mph) and it jerked going down into 7th gear.

I remember taking the 2013 Camaro in for only two problems and one of them I think is too minor to count against GM -- faulty TPMS sensor in two wheels -- more a Delphi or AC Delco issue. I'm having trouble remembering what my one real problem was with that car. But 3 (with a possible 4th if that 7th gear jerk happens again) in the first month pisses me off.

New platform, I bought the first model year, lesson is being learned.

GM,

When are you going to get back in here and give us some new information? Just issue a TSB and replace the defrost pipe and actuator door already. You replaced TMastic's and it lasted 3 days. I'm willing to bet that door is binding and once it does any AC setting will leak unintentional cold air onto the windshield when it isn't supposed to. If you think asking customers to turn on the heat to stop it in the summer is an answer, you're out of your damn minds.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:46 AM   #178
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyncynt View Post
Same here with the Alabama humidity

Let's get everyone to file a complaint to the NHTSA:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint
Would love to. But in order for it to go anywhere, either we or GM need to identify the source of the issue. Just bitching about the effect does no good. How many years did it take for ignition switch advisories? There were complaints and lawsuits, but the government didn't interject until someone identified the fault in the product which triggered the issue.

If Wendy's gave you a meal with rat parts in it, you would need to show how it got in there in order to get any assistance. No company is required to take issues seriously anymore unless someone figures out the cause for them -- at which point they will do what they can to get in front of it to avoid lawsuits or penalties.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #179
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Fogging... back with a vengeance

Well, had about a two-hour drive back home Saturday night. Drive from the middle of the state (warm and dry) back to Tampa (hot and humid/stormy, dew point in low 70s).

About 2/3rds the way back, the fogging started. Threw the mousepad up. Kept it at bay. About 20ish minutes from the house, the windshield is absolutely a mess. The first two pics are from my fiancee in the passenger seat; you can see how difficult it is to see when light hits the windshield while fogged. Thank god for the mousepad as I kept that blocking the windshield in my direct line of vision, but as you'll see from the photo taken in my garage as soon as I got home, a large chunk of the windshield was fogged.

Torso vents only, low-to-mid 70s temp., re-circ both on and off. During the early stages of the fogging, turning re-circ OFF seemed to keep the fogging to a minimum. Eventually though, it didn't matter whether it was on or off, it was taking over the windshield.

My contact at the GM Exec Office and I had a long conversation this morning and I have sent the pics as well as additional info over. She's trying to get this escalated, given that the first fix (that kept my Camaro at the dealership for weeks) corrected my original HVAC issue but NOT the fogging issue.

Will keep you all posted, of course.
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2016, 11:40 AM   #180
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
WOW driving like that is a hazard.
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #181
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
WOW driving like that is a hazard.
I had pulled over once because I couldn't see to try and rid of the fogging (and I missed my turn). It... was not a fun end to the day.

And before anyone asks, yes, I WAS trying to get rid of it... you can see I used my wipers.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:53 AM   #182
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Fogging windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMasticTB91 View Post
Well, had about a two-hour drive back home Saturday night. Drive from the middle of the state (warm and dry) back to Tampa (hot and humid/stormy, dew point in low 70s).

About 2/3rds the way back, the fogging started. Threw the mousepad up. Kept it at bay. About 20ish minutes from the house, the windshield is absolutely a mess. The first two pics are from my fiancee in the passenger seat; you can see how difficult it is to see when light hits the windshield while fogged. Thank god for the mousepad as I kept that blocking the windshield in my direct line of vision, but as you'll see from the photo taken in my garage as soon as I got home, a large chunk of the windshield was fogged.

Torso vents only, low-to-mid 70s temp., re-circ both on and off. During the early stages of the fogging, turning re-circ OFF seemed to keep the fogging to a minimum. Eventually though, it didn't matter whether it was on or off, it was taking over the windshield.

My contact at the GM Exec Office and I had a long conversation this morning and I have sent the pics as well as additional info over. She's trying to get this escalated, given that the first fix (that kept my Camaro at the dealership for weeks) corrected my original HVAC issue but NOT the fogging issue.

Will keep you all posted, of course.
I drove mine to spring hill then back Saturday night. It rained periodically when I left my house in new port Richey. I had torso vents on only, fan on low, both side set to 78, recirculation off. Was humid and was uncomfortable for both myself and my wife riding in the closed cabin like this. I adjusted the driver side down to 76 to try to cool off the cabin and it immediately fogged up the windshield bad. Just like yours is doing. With the rain coming down and the wipers on it cleared it fast but came right back. Mine has done this since day one. I generally drive my truck most of the time but I do want to drive my 53k new car but until it cools off and the humidity drops I don't see being comfortable driving the car as it was Saturday night. It will stay in the garage most of the time at this point until there is a fix. Which is ridiculous for a new car that costs what it does. Good luck dealing with GM on correcting this. GM & my dealer have not gotten back in touch with me other than the weekly surveys.
Wheel Team 6 is offline   Reply With Quote