Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-27-2024, 06:40 PM   #15
RobinHoodie5

Drives: '23 1SS 1LE 6M Rapid Blue
Well one did pop up that’s is the correct specs, 1,300 miles, 6MT. Dealer is trying to get an exorbitant price for it. $120k. https://www.gcmchicago.com/details-2...1p0140789.html
RobinHoodie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 11:21 PM   #16
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
So is it really exorbitant? With the price of Garage 56 cars and the Panthers going double the asking price here. Regardless of what others say the ZL1 1LE is the top predator. This color is unique, it’s a manual and they’re never making another one again. I’d say it’s priced right at market.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 07:23 AM   #17
IndyZrider

Drives: 21 SHOCK ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfab View Post
So is it really exorbitant? With the price of Garage 56 cars and the Panthers going double the asking price here. Regardless of what others say the ZL1 1LE is the top predator. This color is unique, it’s a manual and they’re never making another one again. I’d say it’s priced right at market.
Never say never....alot of this "rarity" all started with the original Demon....Dodge said they'd never make one again and that's how they justified the price for them at the time being unheard of....now there's a Demon 170.....maybe not exactly the same thing but enough to take away the desire for the original "rare" Demon.....the G56 is a joke...
IndyZrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 01:21 PM   #18
Camfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyZrider View Post
Never say never....alot of this "rarity" all started with the original Demon....Dodge said they'd never make one again and that's how they justified the price for them at the time being unheard of....now there's a Demon 170.....maybe not exactly the same thing but enough to take away the desire for the original "rare" Demon.....the G56 is a joke...
I agree with you, except when Dodge said never, they were all in on ICE and still moving forward. Leaving the Mopar world, I can say that they have balls like no other manufacturer, they have always been rogue from the beginning. GM has great minds however it’s so rare that they build a gem, the 6th GEN CAMARO is truly the best Camaro ever produced by GM, and the ZL1-1LE| is the APEX PREDATOR. Sadly and in typical GM fashion, they made the car, broke a record then abandoned the platform. In 2018 that car was epic, and instead of developing the beast and fixing the small issues they just abandoned ship. So I stand with my statement above. If you want a rare beast that will now and in the future stand out, the 120K may not be out of line.

Last edited by Camfab; 03-28-2024 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-28-2024, 01:45 PM   #19
Camfab

The other note is that the previous Demon is still commanding big bucks
Old 03-31-2024, 07:17 AM   #20
ClevelandPlasma

Drives: 2010 Ford Raptor
Quote:
Sucker born every minute. Neither of those cars are even worth there sticker in my book. Found mine 2 months ago.
Attached Images

ClevelandPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 10:16 PM   #21
Camfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandPlasma View Post
Sucker born every minute. Neither of those cars are even worth there sticker in my book. Found mine 2 months ago.
Here’s the funny thing, I’m not going to argue that it isn’t a lot of money. Most of the guys that have the cash seem to know more than me or you. I’d always bet on a stock car that’s the top of the food chain. But I’ve been proven wrong so many times it’s not funny. We will see what happens in the long run, these guys will probably by laughing at us…..
I say if you have the money and want one, it’s now or never if you want new, or basically new. I don’t judge car guys, I’m past that point.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:06 AM   #22
RobinHoodie5

Quote:
We'll see what the market will bare. Limited edition stuff will always have its own economy going on, and in some way this specific spec is limited for sure. Is it worth $40k over its original sticker? Maybe, maybe not. Certainly isn't to me. There are C8 Z06 corvettes that can absolutely be had for that money now.

Personally I think the hype / markups surrounding the end of the camaro line will largely fall away over the next couple years outside of some select models.
Old 04-02-2024, 11:08 AM   #23
RobinHoodie5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandPlasma View Post
Congrats on the beautiful car? Mind sharing what you paid / miles / specs?
Old 04-02-2024, 11:32 AM   #24
ClevelandPlasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinHoodie5 View Post
Congrats on the beautiful car? Mind sharing what you paid / miles / specs?
73K with a brand new extra set of tires, new exhaust not put on. 6100 miles, M6. 2022 with PDR
Old 04-06-2024, 07:04 AM   #25
Hms31093

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
I agree with this. 23’s with a desirable color and manual should yield that. A lot of people paid over MSRP, not as much as the corvettes but this car will appreciate in the future. Personally paid 7k over MSRP for a new 23 but I actively searched for 9 months.
Hms31093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 09:27 AM   #26
ClevelandPlasma

Quote:
Here’s the funny thing, I’m not going to argue that it isn’t a lot of money. Most of the guys that have the cash seem to know more than me or you. I’d always bet on a stock car that’s the top of the food chain. But I’ve been proven wrong so many times it’s not funny. We will see what happens in the long run, these guys will probably by laughing at us…..
I say if you have the money and want one, it’s now or never if you want new, or basically new. I don’t judge car guys, I’m past that point.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/flippe...age-56-edition
Old 04-07-2024, 12:46 PM   #27
Camfab

Plasma, like so many things in life, that article is news about nothing. Struggling sales, lol. Anyone who can get a bid of $162k for a car with 90k ish MSRP should be jumping for joy. All of it is silly. Like I said, if you really want something and it’s rare AND most importantly you can afford it, buy it.
I paid a few K over sticker for mine, because it’s shit or get off the pot. I wanted it forever, for whatever reason, mostly life I couldn’t justify buying it in the years previous. I figured no way would I find a ZLE in 24 for anywhere near what I paid, so I bought it. Did I need it, no, but I wanted it so I bought it. I figured, if I change my mind I can always sell it, but they’ll only be one chance to buy it new. It was between the ZLE and a Redeye. The day I bought the car they announced the Demon 170! One of each would be my dream garage!
Old 04-07-2024, 11:04 PM   #28
Camfab

By the way Plasma, your car looks very cool!