Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 09-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #15
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
I'm going to use my ASUS gaming laptop, I think i spent around $900-1100 on it, not a whole lot but I also use it for online classes as well, I plan on bringing it with me and attending some hands on classes in the future so I made this purchase hoping it will last when I take it around.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandRZL1 View Post
Bought a Dell Latitude E6400 reconditioned off eBay, runs windows 7, don’t like 10.
You're going to want Windows 10 on this one. Otherwise you'll need to load .NET 4 and still be missing some capability.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:11 AM   #17
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
From here (https://www.hptuners.com/help/introd...irements.htm):

2 GHz CPU
4 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows® 7 or better
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 or higher
USB Port

Just get on best buy or craigslist or whatever and find something that meets those specs. Shouldn't be more than $300 or so. Or wait until black Friday and stand in line at Wal-Mart and get in a fight for a $150 one...

If you can get one with a touch screen it makes data logging in the car a bit easier. Being able to touch the start, stop, and reset fuel trims buttons without a mouse or touchpad was nice.

I'll agree that there is a steep learning curve with tuning, but it is possible to learn. There's plenty of good threads on the HPTuners forum and the GoatRopeGarage video tutorials on YouTube are fantastic.

I don't think I would install a new cam and try to street tune on my own, but for my headers and intake I don't regret the fun of doing it myself.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote