Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 08-09-2019, 06:54 PM   #1
Clos.95

Drives: Black 1SS
Switching tuners help?

Hey guys, I tried looking for a thread on this subject but couldn’t find anything.
I’m currently tuned on E85 by a local street tuner, and I want to go to a more reputable tuner, my question is what would be better for me and my new tuner should I have my current tuner flash the stock tune in before going to new one or can the new one handle it without any issues. All would be thru HP Tuners
Clos.95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:01 AM   #2
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
You will run into license / credit problems if the 2nd tuner tries editing the 1st tuner's file on HPT. It is all in how the first tuner setup everything.

When I started my journey I bought my own MPVI2 and credits so that I could have the ability to change / adjust / take my tune with me.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:41 PM   #3
Clos.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
You will run into license / credit problems if the 2nd tuner tries editing the 1st tuner's file on HPT. It is all in how the first tuner setup everything.

When I started my journey I bought my own MPVI2 and credits so that I could have the ability to change / adjust / take my tune with me.
I’m assuming my new tuner will repurchase all necessary credits to start all over I don’t think he’ll try to edit the current tune, but I’m not sure how it works
Old 08-12-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
All tuner has to do is license the controllers to his mpvi device then he can change whatever tune that is in it or start from the stock tune file if the OP has it.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #5
Clos.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
All tuner has to do is license the controllers to his mpvi device then he can change whatever tune that is in it or start from the stock tune file if the OP has it.
Thanks man! I went to my current tuner yesterday and talked to him and he told me my tune isn’t locked so I’m good to go!
Getting dyno tuned this Wednesday!
Old 08-17-2019, 09:24 PM   #6
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i just bought a MVPI2 so i own the credits. my tuner is good but has to much business and if he doesnt get some one to help him hes going to loose business. takes to long to get your car in.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:43 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clos.95 View Post
Hey guys, I tried looking for a thread on this subject but couldn’t find anything.
I’m currently tuned on E85 by a local street tuner, and I want to go to a more reputable tuner, my question is what would be better for me and my new tuner should I have my current tuner flash the stock tune in before going to new one or can the new one handle it without any issues. All would be thru HP Tuners
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post

Quote:
I’m assuming my new tuner will repurchase all necessary credits to start all over I don’t think he’ll try to edit the current tune, but I’m not sure how it works
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Quote:
Thanks man! I went to my current tuner yesterday and talked to him and he told me my tune isn’t locked so I’m good to go!
Getting dyno tuned this Wednesday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
i just bought a MVPI2 so i own the credits. my tuner is good but has to much business and if he doesnt get some one to help him hes going to loose business. takes to long to get your car in.
Just to clear something up here about tuner credits.

You guys were correct 1 year ago, that is the way the system worked, we as tuners had to license the file in order to edit file.

Now with the new MPVI2 and software we can edit any file but it can only be flashed to the car by the device already licensed to the car or purchase licenses for the new device to flash the car.

So they have moved the licensing to the flashing process rather than the editing process.

This is a 1 time fee in all cases.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #8
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
O so now anyone with a MPVI2 can flash my car? That cool. But still nice to have. Makes it easy to do things that don't require tuning. Like when I put in my ZL1 pump for future mods or diagnostics. Data logging and such.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:13 PM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
O so now anyone with a MPVI2 can flash my car? That cool. But still nice to have. Makes it easy to do things that don't require tuning. Like when I put in my ZL1 pump for future mods or diagnostics. Data logging and such.
As long as you are willing to purchase the licenses for that device.

You can flash your car with a device that is licensed to your car.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote