Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-06-2019, 07:46 AM   #1
floridanick

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
E85 tune file 19 SS A10

Anyone have a tune file I can reference or get by on till my dyno tune? nick@evoics.com
floridanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:45 AM   #2
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
post up your tune file
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:03 AM   #3
floridanick

Not able to upload it on my phone but can forward an email with it if you pm your email
Old 10-06-2019, 11:21 AM   #4
floridanick

https://gofile.io/?c=JArkyY

not sure if that will work or not?
Old 10-06-2019, 11:51 AM   #5
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I believe what you want is in this thread. Read through it and you’ll notice there is a file for comparison. IIRC everything I needed to get going was in the zip file. Using the compare feature in HPT highlighted the differences.

Your 2019 may be different but the principle should be the same in that you’ll manually make the changes. Not sure if you wanted a file to just put in the ECM. Unless you’re remote tuning, I’d suggest you manually make the changes and not install any tune file.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...hlight=tsloper

Quote from the thread:

23. The attached zip file contains a baseline HPT file for reference on enabling the Flex Fuel sensor only. All performance related tables are stock in the baseline file. The changelog.txt file will indicate what is required and what is optional (but highly recommended). I have not looked at a 2017 file so I do not know if everything for the 2016 will translate over. The stock Flex Fuel tables are very good from a performance perspective so you will realize a high increase in torque across the board without actually doing a dyno tune. If you make it this far take the time after installation to monitor knock retard and adjust accordingly. Depending on ambient conditions you might need to lower timing in the higher g/cyl areas of the high octane spark tables. GM did not optimize the timing when you start getting past 0.92 g/cyl.

Good info here too on the changes to get enabled:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536112

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“

Last edited by Trochoidal; 10-06-2019 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Added 2nd link
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:08 PM   #6
floridanick

I have a 19 auto that won’t work
Old 10-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #7
Trochoidal

Is your goal to enable your E85 sensor and make the proper changes in the ECM?

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Old 10-06-2019, 01:12 PM   #8
floridanick

Yes I’m just looking for basic fuel and spark trims to get e85 going. I know how to enable it and such but would like to get a little taste of the power before I get it fully dyno tunes next week
Old 10-06-2019, 01:21 PM   #9
Joshinator99

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanick View Post
Yes I’m just looking for basic fuel and spark trims to get e85 going. I know how to enable it and such but would like to get a little taste of the power before I get it fully dyno tunes next week
Your tuner will want to tune your car on 93 first anyway. So I'd just run 93 until tune day. Then after your 93 tune is set, you can dump in E85 and the tuner can dial that in.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:26 PM   #10
Trochoidal

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanick View Post
Ah, that makes sense now. Half of me thought you wanted an actual tune file with fuel/timing tweaks and the other half thought you were after enabling.

Sorry sir for not understanding.

Old 10-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #11
floridanick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
Ah, that makes sense now. Half of me thought you wanted an actual tune file with fuel/timing tweaks and the other half thought you were after enabling.

Sorry sir for not understanding.
I’m sorry for not explaining better I am at family’s and watching football.

Would really like a complete file I can run in the car and be good to go not looking for a tricked out tune for max hp, I am getting it tuned and I can burn thru the e85 and go back to stock tune in time if the tuner feels he needs it that way to tune.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:51 PM   #12
Trochoidal

Did you make all of the “required changes” in your tune file as indicated below?

Enable E85

EFI Tuning LLC

Tuning Tool: HP Tuners v3.2.x
Platform: 2016 Camaro SS

File: 2016_ss_flex_fuel_baseline.hpt

Changes:

*** required ***
- modified Engine -> Fuel -> General -> Air Fuel Ratio -> Stoich AFR-> Flex Fuel AFRs

- modified Engine -> Fuel -> Open & Closed Loop -> Flex Fuel -> Flex Fuel -> Enabled

- modified Engine -> Fuel -> Open & Closed Loop -> Flex Fuel -> Flex Fuel -> Fuel Sensor -> Sensor

- modified Engine Diag -> DTC's -> P0178 -> Flexible Fuel Sensor Circuit Low -> checked, Error Mode -> MIL on Second Error

- modified Engine Diag -> DTC's -> P0179 -> Flexible Fuel Sensor Circuit Low -> checked, Error Mode -> MIL on Second Error

- modified Fuel Sys -> Diagnostics -> Flex Fuel -> Sensor Diag -> Enable

*** optional ***
- modified Engine -> Spark -> Advance -> Spark Correction -> AFR Correction -> Alcohol -> Gas table

- modified Engine -> Spark -> Advance -> Spark Correction -> IAT Spark -> Mult4 -> [1.00 1.00 0.80 0.50 0.20]

- modified Engine -> Spark -> Advance -> General -> Cranking/Start -> Cranking -> enhanced for Flex Fuel

- modified Engine -> Spark -> Advance -> General -> Cranking/Start -> Alcohol Adder -> timing added for Flex Fuel cold starts

Also update this table to what is indicated in post #3 of this thread:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538796