Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-04-2019, 05:09 PM   #43
CAMARO_HEAVEN
Big John

Drives: Wife 2013 Camaro 2SSRS / ME?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I did look at GA too and actually the pic I posted was from there (I think). Both were the same price and BG was a bit closer for me. TSI in Dallas didn't have any dovetails and after using the 18' tilt going to Camaro Fest I leaned a little bit toward this one so I could keep it 18'. Have some tight turns in my driveway.

Now looking at a winch. The tilt I used had one mounted like yours.
I got mine from Best Trailers & Supply in Macon Georgia.
Mine is the 20 foot heavy duty, I had them do everything winch, spare tire carrier, matching spare, e track by Mack's tie downs, and the best option power tilt.
John
CAMARO_HEAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:02 PM   #44
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARO_HEAVEN View Post
I got mine from Best Trailers & Supply in Macon Georgia.
Mine is the 20 foot heavy duty, I had them do everything winch, spare tire carrier, matching spare, e track by Mack's tie downs, and the best option power tilt.
Sorry to hijack thread and talk about trailers.
John
Very nice and YES, you nailed it with everything. The one I used in July didn't have electric tilt so wouldn't touch the ground due to the winch weight unless you stood on it. How do you mount E-Track steel to aluminum? I'll be ordering a set of Macs next week but was going to use the regular tie downs and I've already got ZL1 addons mounted to the car for tie downs.

Just looked over Best again and it's exactly the same distance as BG from me but didn't have the Anniversary Edition. I really like those bed lights and storage box up front.

This is the actual one.
Name:  123_1003.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  348.6 KB
Old 09-04-2019, 06:35 PM   #45
CAMARO_HEAVEN
Big John

Quote:
No, were bumping the thread as it's getting close to LS Fest now..

Very nice and YES, you nailed it with everything. The one I used in July didn't have electric tilt so wouldn't touch the ground due to the winch weight unless you stood on it. How do you mount E-Track steel to aluminum? I'll be ordering a set of Macs next week but was going to use the regular tie downs and I've already got ZL1 addons mounted to the car for tie downs.

Just looked over Best again and it's exactly the same distance as BG from me but didn't have the Anniversary Edition. I really like those bed lights and storage box up front.

This is the actual one.
Attachment 1002736
Nice,
Yea I had to have them order mine as they do not stock they anniversary models. I ordered mine March 16th my birthday and picked it up on June 16th.
The lights really make loading at night easier and the look is really cool.
I ordered mine with the e tracks they are aluminum and are welded on at the factory.
When I ordered my straps from Phil at macs he told me to look at the tracks for there name as they supply aluma with the e tracks.
Any other questions please feel free to ask.
John
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2019, 07:16 AM   #46
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Nice,
Yea I had to have them order mine as they do not stock they anniversary models. I ordered mine March 16th my birthday and picked it up on June 16th.
The lights really make loading at night easier and the look is really cool.
I ordered mine with the e tracks they are aluminum and are welded on at the factory.
When I ordered my straps from Phil at macs he told me to look at the tracks for there name as they supply aluma with the e tracks.
Any other questions please feel free to ask.
John
Never thought they would do this at the factory and looked all over and couldn't find Aluminum E-track... only A-track. MACs is awesome too!!

After LS Fest is over and we are done bumping this thread I may move the trailer posts to one of those threads so others can benefit from posts like this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
Here, unloaded and ready to find the Thursday night parties.
Well my guy that would have come to work for me this weekend had plans so no go for a work day swap to make LS Fest. Guess I will just drive up there a week late.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:48 PM   #47
CAMARO_HEAVEN
Big John

Quote:
Never thought they would do this at the factory and looked all over and couldn't find Aluminum E-track... only A-track. MACs is awesome too!!

After LS Fest is over and we are done bumping this thread I may move the trailer posts to one of those threads so others can benefit from posts like this too.
Yea you dont know till you ask. I had the insight to ask as this is my 5th and hopefully last trailer. The wife said get exactly what you want as she didnt want to go through this again lol. I will not buy anything but macs stuff they are pricey but best by far and customer service is second to none.

Yes sir it will be nice to put this information in a trailer thread so everyone can see for sure.

I had a wedding to go to today so I missed LS Fest also and I'm only an hour and a half away. There is always next year. I will be at camaro fest and ls fest 2020 for sure no matter what even if I have to walk lol.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:40 AM   #48
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Yea you dont know till you ask. I had the insight to ask as this is my 5th and hopefully last trailer. The wife said get exactly what you want as she didnt want to go through this again lol. I will not buy anything but macs stuff they are pricey but best by far and customer service is second to none.

Yes sir it will be nice to put this information in a trailer thread so everyone can see for sure.

I had a wedding to go to today so I missed LS Fest also and I'm only an hour and a half away. There is always next year. I will be at camaro fest and ls fest 2020 for sure no matter what even if I have to walk lol.
If I had known you could order the Macs aluminum e-track from the factory I think I would have gone that way. Trailer places don't like to weld this stuff since every little spark that hits the aluminum leaves black spots.

I'm still trying to figure out how the winch mounting will go.

See you at CFest next year again for sure.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:43 AM   #49
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
I'm running a 18ft steel deck with etrack, even with my "little" 1500 I can set the cruise at 85mph with no issue. This set up has towed thousands of miles with no issue.
That's a really nice, simple setup.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #50
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I ordered a stone guard -
...soon mine will look like this...
Name:  stonegaurd.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  431.4 KB

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 09:54 AM   #51
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy View Post
I ordered a stone guard -
...soon mine will look like this...
Attachment 1003054

Becky
I've never been a fan of stone guards because it blocks your view of the trailer rear. But your see though one will be perfect.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:40 PM   #52
mlee
CamaroFans.com

What size winch do you all recommend for our 4k cars?
Old 09-10-2019, 12:13 AM   #53
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Drive it on. Seems a lot safer to me. Unless the car dies. Then you get 10 guys and push it up. Been there !
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:43 AM   #54
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
I use a Warn VRX 45-S (4,500lb) in an aluminum box mounted in the floor. Pulls the ZLE up fine.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:46 AM   #55
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Drive it on. Seems a lot safer to me. Unless the car dies. Then you get 10 guys and push it up. Been there !
Can't really drive it up on my trailer that easily. I switched to an enclosed that doesn't have an escape door...
Attached Images

HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #56
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Trailor? Whats the name of the movie?
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote